Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
whoohoo, tax tax tax..TAX AWAY

SNIP:

8:41 PM, Nov 7, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Vice President Joe Biden told reporters on Air Force Two today that last night's election represented a clear "mandate" to raise taxes.

"Where specifically do you think Republicans will be willing to compromise on issues of debt/deficit?" a pool reported asked Biden.

"Well look, I think -- You guys have probably looked at the internals of the vote more than I have so far," said Biden. "But from what it appears is that, on the issue of the tax issue, there was a clear, a clear sort of mandate about people coming much closer to our view about how to deal with tax policy. I think we can move, I'd like to see us, I think we can do something on corporate taxes sooner than later. That would be positive, be a little confidence-building. And you know I just think it's going to take time for the Republicans to sort of digest what the consequences for them internally. But i just think there's too much, I've been saying to you all along and I know I may be the only guy - well, I think Clinton shares this view, President Clinton, we talked about it. But I think the fever will break. And you know, Barack's re-elected so this sort of cause to keep a second term from happening's done. He's there for four years. So I think there's going to be - I hope there's going to be some real soul-searching about, on Republican Party, about what they're willing to cooperate on."

all of it here
Biden: Clear 'Mandate' to Raise Taxes | The Weekly Standard

There was no mandate for anything. There was a clear message that very close to half the country intends to do everything they can to continue to stop obama's policies. That is, everything they can legally do. Heaven help us if that half should give up on the legally part.

No, what is clear is that the American people want a balanced approach to cutting the debt. one where everyone shares the load. From the wealthy with a *gasp* return to the Clinton tax rates, to the middle class, poor and elderly with cuts and revamping of programs....This has been Obama's platform all along.

He laid it out in the debates....showed a link to look at it in his campaign ads and told Americans to look at his proposals and to look at Romney's.....then make a decision......they did.

We do not have the same economy we had when Clinton was in office. The mistake is in believing that somehow raising taxes will create the kind of economy that Clinton had. That's a disastrous mistake. Raising taxes does not create a vibrant economy. Government spending does not create a vibrant economy or Japan would not have had its own disastrous ten years.

No, what is clear is that the American people want a balanced approach to cutting the debt. one where everyone shares the load. From the wealthy with a *gasp* return to the Clinton tax rates, to the middle class, poor and elderly with cuts and revamping of programs....This has been Obama's platform all along.

He laid it out in the debates....showed a link to look at it in his campaign ads and told Americans to look at his proposals and to look at Romney's.....then make a decision......they did.

His plan all along huh? that's why all the people, companies and Unions got waivers from ObamaCare...or those who can't afford it will get HELP from the King Obama...so everyone has that skin in the game...

what a joke

Wrong! The "give me for free" crowd showed up in larger numbers than those who actually care about their country.

Yes! Those tax raises will bring in 800 billion over ten years. With 1.3 trillion in deficit spending, we should be moving towards a balanced budget by....never. So talking about tax increases while sliding in debt/deficit is a complete and utter joke.

It's like saying you're going to work one hour of over time each month at $20 hr to help pay off $100,000 in credit card debt.

We do not have the same economy we had when Clinton was in office. The mistake is in believing that somehow raising taxes will create the kind of economy that Clinton had. That's a disastrous mistake. Raising taxes does not create a vibrant economy. Government spending does not create a vibrant economy or Japan would not have had its own disastrous ten years.

No, the mistake is thinking that putting the load of debt reduction solely on the shoulders of the people who are already struggling will fix the economy, while leaving the Conglomerate and it's masters.....who show little to no loyalty to their own country if it doesn't serve them and them alone....free to continue their ways.

BTW, I noticed you only focused on the taxation part of my post and ignored the rest. There will be cuts....there will be revamping of programs....you know it as well as I.

It's an insult for you to be a Steeler fan.

You sound more like a faggot from San Francisco.

Obama is nothing but talk. Talk meant to get us to want tax increases.

That is all Democrats want. They want your money.....not money from the rich....money from idiots like you.

No, the mistake is thinking that putting the load of debt reduction solely on the shoulders of the people who are already struggling will fix the economy, while leaving the Conglomerate and it's masters.....who show little to no loyalty to their own country if it doesn't serve them and them alone....free to continue their ways.

BTW, I noticed you only focused on the taxation part of my post and ignored the rest. There will be cuts....there will be revamping of programs....you know it as well as I.

I see no serious effort form the administration on that. They've ramped up entitlement spending, not even talked of cuts. They just keep shouting about taxing the rich. So your claim is bullshit. We can talk tax increases, and I'll be the first to say we can use them, when govt. quits creating more programs that spend money while calling for increases. Make some REAL spending cuts, not projected spending cuts, get closer to a balanced budget and then lets talk.

Otherwise, stuff it with the bullshit.

Fair isn't singling out the rich to pay more, fair is everyone kicking in more. Let Obama's tax cuts expire, for everyone.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel
What slick fucks these Democrats are.
If there is any heat thrown at this administration
about taxes Biden will be able to defend it.

He will now be able to say."Hey,don't blame this administration for raising taxes,the people demanded it."

Talk is cheap it's what you do that counts.

Forum List

Back