Biden and the left looking into term limits for Supreme Court Justices terms ..... hypocrisy !

18 year terms or an age-out at 90 y/o makes sense.
I'd leave it alone.
People who have discussed the 18 year plan tell me that eventually every president would appoint 3 judges. That sounds about right instead of this ghoulish anticipation of death some have. I loved Ginsburg's mind but there was no way someone who had her medical issues should have been still serving on the court.

They're trying to throw Breyer off the court.
I find it interesting that with the exception of the John Roberts all the conservative judges' confirmation votes were close while the three liberal judges were voted in by handy majorities.
Tells you what?
Even conservatives like liberal judges....

Or conservatives just aren't out there virtue signalling with their vote?

lol

Idiot

Republican just thinks "fine whatever could be worse"

Democrats generally should be thinking the same thing, instead they like to pretend like we shoudln't all be happy our very libertarian court doesn't exist. I'll take the right winger american judgets to left wing any day. We don't even have support for freedom of speech on the left. Much less privacy, travel, weapons or any other fundamental liberty we used all agree were a good thing 10 years ago.

Biden is pondering term limits for the SC ! this coming from a man that has been in gov for 50 yrs ! why hasnt the radical marxist crook and tyrant mentioned term limits for congress ? the left wants more power of the court of the land ! they are trying to turn the court into a left wing legislative branch of gov . Biden appoints commission to study adding seats, term limits for Supreme Court

With Trump and McConnell behaviour on Judicial appointments... I couldn't care about your opinion in the least...

The Courts should reflect the people's wishes not a bastion of political trickery...

Due to the damage McConnell did to the courts making them not reflective of the US people, Biden should repair the damage and rebalance the courts...

Biden is pondering term limits for the SC ! this coming from a man that has been in gov for 50 yrs ! why hasnt the radical marxist crook and tyrant mentioned term limits for congress ? the left wants more power of the court of the land ! they are trying to turn the court into a left wing legislative branch of gov . Biden appoints commission to study adding seats, term limits for Supreme Court

With Trump and McConnell behaviour on Judicial appointments... I couldn't care about your opinion in the least...

The Courts should reflect the people's wishes not a bastion of political trickery...

Due to the damage McConnell did to the courts making them not reflective of the US people, Biden should repair the damage and rebalance the courts...

If we wanted judges to be representatives of the people we'd fucking elect them dipshit

Not have an executive put up the appointment then cut out the lower chamber all together

What is it exactly that you want?

It's a very very liberal court when the state isn't invoking national security, it's just not progressive

I would like a mandatory retirement age of 75 for all federal judges and like the requirements Biden imposed on the commission's members which favors the judical branch and not the legislative.

I find it interesting that with the exception of the John Roberts all the conservative judges' confirmation votes were close while the three liberal judges were voted in by handy majorities.
I also find it interesting conservatives act like adults and leftists act like petulant children.

LOL He should look into term limits for the pussies in Congress. Hell the last one who croaked was 87 and should have retired long ago.

Pretty sure the constitutionality of Congress setting term limits for Supremes would be challenged. Their term of service up until now has been interpreted to be for life, and Congress just deciding to make a different interpretation is definitely arguable. It's the Court's job to interpret the Constitution when a law is challenged so that would be interesting.

Tells you what?
Even conservatives like liberal judges....

No, conservatives respect the nomination from Democratic presidents and don’t make it purely political. Democrats do NOT do the same. They vote along ideological lines. Even the Democratic SCJS do this. They are activists by nature and cannot rule against their ideology. They vote lockstep as well. Group think is another tenant of Democrats which they can’t shake. Indoctrination, leading to unwavering loyalty at its finest.

Instead of term limits I would say age limits. We do not need justices that are over 80 and are barely aware of where they are.
Term limits for congress are a must, for the same reasons they have term limits for the President. In fact I think a mandatory retirement age for all politicians would be appropriate. Put that age at 70.

Last edited:
Uh, go **** yourselves you stole Obama's pick. You started it. Now eat a generation of Liberalism mother ****er.
It doesn’t really matter, since both parties are essentially the same. We haven’t seen any progressive legislation or changes since LBJ, 60 years ago. Both parties are criminal entities and both are neoconservative.

I would not go that far and hope they make no changes, but you are correct. The short sighted b#astard under the leadership of that dumb ass (even trump says he's a dumb ass) McConnell definitely started this crap. I sure miss the conservatives, before the republican cancel culture.
Garland wasn't going to get seated by a republican controlled Senate.....That's because HARRY REID ended the filibuster for judicial nominees.

You've reaped what you've sown, Gomer Pyle.
I didn't sew anything. Dipstick would not even entertain a hearing 11 months out because too close to election. Can you smell what you are trying to shovel. Of course McConnell screwed Obama out of naming a supreme. Everybody knows that. I've heard lots of republicans laughing about that. They became "the ends justify the means" party. They'd have overthrown the last election if they could and are still pissed at any republican that would not go along with it.
has a democratic senate ever confirmed a conservative nominee?

The role of the court is to determine constitutionality of a case brought before it. Term limits compromise the integrity of the court by converting it into a political tool. There are those selected and confirmed which subscribe to a strict interpretation and those that believe in a loose interpretation. The uniqueness of the court is the communication between justices affording each the ability to convince the other to adopt a alternative viewpoint. Justice Robert’s is the perfect case in point.

Or conservatives just aren't out there virtue signalling with their vote?

Yeah, that's it...<rolls eyes>

Democrats generally should be thinking the same thing, instead they like to pretend like we shoudln't all be happy our very libertarian court doesn't exist. I'll take the right winger american judgets to left wing any day. We don't even have support for freedom of speech on the left. Much less privacy, travel, weapons or any other fundamental liberty we used all agree were a good thing 10 years ago.

What freedom of speech is the right offering? Weapons are not a fundamental liberty in my opinion. They are a yoke around the American public's neck that all the talking heads (ie those who rake in the cash) at the NRA (on behalf of their benevolent dictators, the gun manufacturers) just love to strangle even tighter.

Travel was a Bush-era ideal after 9/11. Last time I looked, Bush was a Republican president.

Privacy...hmmmm...I think all politicians have fucked that up.

They aren't "looking into it" - it has already been decided. WE the people just haven't been "informed" yet.......

This all started with Trump's last pick when the fascist decided that they would "pack" the court with ultra-liberal clowns.

Forum List

Back