Bible prophet murdered over words about woman's sex life...your thoughts?

So...the Bible prophet John the Baptist, who is arguably the founder of Christianity, was a man who was murdered over his words about a woman's sex life.

Do you have any thoughts on a prophet from "God" (quotes because I am an Agnostic) being murdered over critical words about a woman's sex life?

Thank you for any & all answers (feeling an increasing nausea feeling haha,)
A1977

-

I am not familiar with that story------I thought herod's daughter wanted his head----
??? I have no idea why. I can say that in those days----in Judea----comments
on a woman of an intimate physical nature were considered absolutely off limits----
even on a superficial physical feature

Hi rosie, :) I see...actually the story is that John said that a relationship that a woman was having should not be going on...the woman later through her daughter got John murdered in prison.

Nauseating really...literally getting sickened lol

-
yeah----that woman was ---I think the first wife of Herod? who then married someone else ??-------or who had a husband before and THEN married Herod? ---
or something like that -------John was against a marriage that existed

Not sure of the minor details but he was murdered by her (ultimately) because he spoke against her relationship.

Sick sick sick lol.

If you're a self proclaimed agnostic why do you even care? What's your point? Guess there isn't one, just hard up to start a nonsensical thread, huh?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Soaps are on another channel friend.

-

very few Christians ever read the NT ---and far less understood that which they read----Jesus was tried in the jewish court in Jerusalem and acquitted-----the romans
crucified him on a charge of sedition

I didn't say it was plainly stated. I'm working from the standpoint...

Right. You don't know what you're talking about...

-
You can show where what I said is wrong?

Yes. LOLOLOL

But you ran your mouth. You show it. LOLOLOL

-
IOW, no, you cannot.

You stupid mother******, Jesus was judged by the Roman authorities to have not violated any Roman laws but had violated Hebrew laws showing that the Roman authorities were not under Hebrew law.

Stop worrying about s***ing my ***k and get a life you lifeless p.o.s.

-

"King of the jews" was a threat to roman rule. Disruption in the city during passover was a threat to roman authority.
Considering the romans crucified some 250,000 jews around that period, it did not take much of an excuse for them to put a jew to death.

very few Christians ever read the NT ---and far less understood that which they read----Jesus was tried in the jewish court in Jerusalem and acquitted-----the romans
Neither court could find Him guilty of anything.

try again-----or read the book -----and learn a bit of history. Jesus was ---according to the book----tried by the Sanhedrin and acquitted. The roman prelate---Pontius Pilate-----did not actually TRY people-----he executed wholesale.
In his career as prelate of Judea-----10 years------historical evidence is that he crucified 20,OOO
people------averaging about 2000 per year-------that is lots of people and lots of
wood-----consider the fact that a crucified person takes days to die---usually.
They probably recycled the crosses and on any given day there would have been
at least a dozen persons hanging up there on the hill near Jerusalem. Do you actually believe that every person fed to lions in roman circus events had been
represented by a lawyer and had a jury trial? You are not thinking clearly

try again-----or read the book -----and learn a bit of history. Jesus was ---according to the book----tried by the Sanhedrin and acquitted. The roman prelate---Pontius Pilate-----did not actually TRY people-----he executed wholesale.
In his career as prelate of Judea-----10 years------historical evidence is that he crucified 20,OOO
people------averaging about 2000 per year-------that is lots of people and lots of
at least a dozen persons hanging up there on the hill near Jerusalem. Do you actually believe that every person fed to lions in roman circus events had been
Jesus was taken to Pilate, who could not find any fault in Him (remember the hand washing scene?). He was sent to the cross because Pilate feared civil unrest, not because he was found guilty of a crime.

Jesus was taken to Pilate, who could not find any fault in Him (remember the hand washing scene?). He was sent to the cross because Pilate feared civil unrest, not because he was found guilty of a crime.

Pilate who crucified 20,000 innocent people "feared civil unrest" for crucifying this
one person?---------after Jesus was crucified -----far more popular people were
crucified. Your sunday school lessons also included Santa Claus. The reason the Romans crucified people was-------SEDITION AGAINST ROME-----
it was the only reason and they did it as a SYMBOL OF ROMAN POWER AND
DOMINANCE ---------you really do not have to crucify a person to kill him. In fact,
at that time jews did not have to INDUCE romans to kill a person to get rid of him,
either.. It was a time of extensive civil unrest------anti crucify-------not
PRO CRUCIFY

Pilate who crucified 20,000 innocent people "feared civil unrest" for crucifying this
crucified. Your sunday school lessons also included Santa Claus. The reason the Romans crucified people was-------SEDITION AGAINST ROME-----
DOMINANCE ---------you really do not have to crucify a person to kill him. In fact,
at that time jews did not have to INDUCE romans to kill a person to get rid of him,
PRO CRUCIFY

Mark 15:
3 The chief priests accused him of many things. 4 So again Pilate asked him, “Aren’t you going to answer? See how many things they are accusing you of.”

5 But Jesus still made no reply, and Pilate was amazed.

6 Now it was the custom at the festival to release a prisoner whom the people requested. 7 A man called Barabbas was in prison with the insurrectionists who had committed murder in the uprising. 8 The crowd came up and asked Pilate to do for them what he usually did.

9 “Do you want me to release to you the king of the Jews?” asked Pilate, 10 knowing it was out of self-interest that the chief priests had handed Jesus over to him. 11 But the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead.

12 “What shall I do, then, with the one you call the king of the Jews?” Pilate asked them.

13 “Crucify him!” they shouted.

14 “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate.

But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!”

15 Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

Matthew 27:
22 “What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called the Messiah?” Pilate asked.

They all answered, “Crucify him!”

23 “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate.

24 When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”

25 All the people answered, “His blood is on us and on our children!”

26 Then he released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

John 19:
4 Once more Pilate came out and said to the Jews gathered there, “Look, I am bringing him out to you to let you know that I find no basis for a charge against him.” 5 When Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe, Pilate said to them, “Here is the man!”

6 As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, “Crucify! Crucify!”

But Pilate answered, “You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him.”

7 The Jewish leaders insisted, “We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

8 When Pilate heard this, he was even more afraid, 9 and he went back inside the palace.

Luke 23:
13 Pilate called together the chief priests, the rulers and the people,14 and said to them, “You brought me this man as one who was inciting the people to rebellion. I have examined him in your presence and have found no basis for your charges against him.

It's pretty clear. Pilate, the one who ordered Jesus crucified, did not find Him guilty of any crime. Rather, he wanted to prevent civil unrest. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

So...the Bible prophet John the Baptist, who is arguably the founder of Christianity, was a man who was murdered over his words about a woman's sex life.

Do you have any thoughts on a prophet from "God" (quotes because I am an Agnostic) being murdered over critical words about a woman's sex life?

A1977

-
John B was killed for speaking out against the marriage of Herod Antipas and his brother's wife, Herodias. Herod divorced his first wife to do so.

aris2chat

Yes...I know what happened in their relationship, but as far as his being murdered, his life ending like that at the hands of a woman whose sex life/relationship he condemned and him being a prophet and perishing like that...any thoughts?... :)

-
What the hell is your point in the question?? All this dancing around is getting tiresome.

PRO CRUCIFY

Mark 15:
3 The chief priests accused him of many things. 4 So again Pilate asked him, “Aren’t you going to answer? See how many things they are accusing you of.”

6 Now it was the custom at the festival to release a prisoner whom the people requested. 7 A man called Barabbas was in prison with the insurrectionists who had committed murder in the uprising. 8 The crowd came up and asked Pilate to do for them what he usually did.

9 “Do you want me to release to you the king of the Jews?” asked Pilate, 10 knowing it was out of self-interest that the chief priests had handed Jesus over to him. 11 But the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead.

12 “What shall I do, then, with the one you call the king of the Jews?” Pilate asked them.

15 Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

Matthew 27:

24 When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”

26 Then he released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

John 19:
4 Once more Pilate came out and said to the Jews gathered there, “Look, I am bringing him out to you to let you know that I find no basis for a charge against him.” 5 When Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe, Pilate said to them, “Here is the man!”

6 As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, “Crucify! Crucify!”

But Pilate answered, “You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him.”

7 The Jewish leaders insisted, “We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

8 When Pilate heard this, he was even more afraid, 9 and he went back inside the palace.

Luke 23:
13 Pilate called together the chief priests, the rulers and the people,14 and said to them, “You brought me this man as one who was inciting the people to rebellion. I have examined him in your presence and have found no basis for your charges against him.

It's pretty clear. Pilate, the one who ordered Jesus crucified, did not find Him guilty of any crime. Rather, he wanted to prevent civil unrest. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

yes--------the entire story makes no sense and was "COMPILED" under the auspices of the ROMAN EMPEROR after the year 300 AD------when CONSTANTINE was emperor of ROME and desperate to vilify DA JOOOOS
and continue murdering them-----until about that point he crucified thousands.
Jews never crucified -------it is you romans who do it Romans crucified people
to PROVE THEY COULD--------and did -------they certainly did not do it to
AVOID ANNOYING PEOPLE. Why did they feed Christians to lions-----to
avoid annoying other Christians?. The civil unrest was a response to your
circuses and crucifixtions----------

PRO CRUCIFY

Mark 15:

Matthew 27:

John 19:

Luke 23:

yes--------the entire story makes no sense and was "COMPILED" under the auspices of the ROMAN EMPEROR after the year 300 AD------when CONSTANTINE was emperor of ROME and desperate to vilify DA JOOOOS
So, no evidence then.

A1977

-
John B was killed for speaking out against the marriage of Herod Antipas and his brother's wife, Herodias. Herod divorced his first wife to do so.

aris2chat

Yes...I know what happened in their relationship, but as far as his being murdered, his life ending like that at the hands of a woman whose sex life/relationship he condemned and him being a prophet and perishing like that...any thoughts?... :)

-
What the hell is your point in the question?? All this dancing around is getting tiresome.

it is a mystery to me too------John the Baptist-----in the story -------was supposedly
something like an enemy to Herod and his family. Not a new idea------Herod was
not actually a valid king-------and he did roman stuff------he was an Edomite and
placed in power BY THE ROMANS. John the Baptist is presented as
someone out of the wilderness where the ---zealot type jews lived------
kinda in hiding and separated from DA KING------and LIKELY TO PRESENT
THE NEGATIVE FEELINGS THAT THE PEOPLE OF JUDEA HAD TOWARD
HEROD AND FAMILY---------it is not all that hard to understand. He hated DA QUEEN AND SHE AND HER DAUGHTER HATED HIM so???

PRO CRUCIFY

Mark 15:

Matthew 27:

John 19:

Luke 23:

So, no evidence then.

absolute absence of logic and precedence IS evidence. You want more?
If da JOOOOS wanted to kill Jesus-------why didn't they? There was endless
opportunity BTW do you have any idea who CAIAPHAS was? The
anti-jesus "'high priest" blamed in the NT for all the bad stuff? Was he some
kind of great jewish HERO? (for the record----if DA JOOOOS did kill jesus----do
you think that the romans would have PROSECUTED THE MURDERERS?)

The Jews did kill Jesus. They broke their own rules to get it done. The spokesman for the Roman Empire, Pilot, pronounced Christ innocent.
Anon, I am surprised at how sensitive your stomach is. Hope you are feeling better. John was not the one that started Christianity. That would be the disciples. John was the one that leaped in his mother's womb when Christ's mother visited his mother. John and Jesus were cousins. Many prophets of God were killed by man. So is your nausea a product of man's inhumanity to man, that God would allowed a prophet to be killed, or that Herod was evil enough to kill for a sexual high?

Last edited:
The Jews did kill Jesus. They broke their own rules to get it done. The spokesman for the Roman Empire, Pilot, pronounced Christ innocent.
Anon, I am surprised at how sensitive your stomach is. Hope you are feeling better. John was not the one that started Christianity. That would be the disciples. John was the one that leaped in his mother's womb when Christ's mother visited his mother. John and Jesus were cousins. Many prophets of God were killed by man.

Temple found he was guilty of blasphemy but he was sentenced by the roman for crimes against the roman state which he was crucified for.

>>He consistently appropriated titles of divinity reserved only for Caesar to himself. During the Jewish high holy days of Passover, he rode into Jerusalem in open mockery of Caesar’s own entry, complete with kingly fanfare. Even worse, during a moment when thousands of Jewish pilgrims converged on Jerusalem — a time when the threat of seditious rebellion increased exponentially — Jesus interrupted the Empire’s commerce by wrecking the tables of the freelance bankers and merchants at the Temple, brandishing a weapon and making threats about tearing down the religious holy place.

Incitement. Sedition. Terrorist threats.

In the eyes of the Empire’s law, Jesus was guilty indeed of all these. And the Romans executed him for it, as was their law allowed. Even by the Christian scriptures’ own reasoning, Jesus’ execution was not a travesty of justice at all. As Paul writes in Romans, the government is “God’s minister, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil,” and the the government does not bear the sword in vain.<<

PRO CRUCIFY

Mark 15:

Matthew 27:

John 19:

Luke 23:

So, no evidence then.

absolute absence of logic and precedence IS evidence. You want more?
If da JOOOOS wanted to kill Jesus-------why didn't they? There was endless
opportunity BTW do you have any idea who CAIAPHAS was? The
anti-jesus "'high priest" blamed in the NT for all the bad stuff? Was he some
kind of great jewish HERO? (for the record----if DA JOOOOS did kill jesus----do
you think that the romans would have PROSECUTED THE MURDERERS?)
Yes, they would have. The Jews lost the right to impose capital punishment when Rome subjugated them. That's the only reason they went to Pilate in the first place. You do know that, right? Still awaiting documented evidence.

But that whole Pilate thing is a typical Roman scam
used on many cultures to claim new authority by saying your god rejected you and doesn't love you antmore so we are the new authority.
Fact is the AD era Christ (Theudas) was revolting against Rome, so they killed him and his apostles with absolutely no JEWISH blame what so ever, it was all Romes supression of the revolt plain and simple.
The Galilean christ at the time of Herod and Lysanias dying in 6bc was the tax revolter named Yehuda and he was crucified along with his sons for his tax revolt by Rome without any influence or involvement of the elect.
Yehuda the tax revolter is the Christ Bill Oreilly calls Jesus in his Book" killing Jesus." PILATE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH Yehuda who died in 6bc.
WHERE ROME GETS THEIR TWISTED DISPLACED BLAME is through using the harlot Marys son Yeshu of 100bc who did rile up the elect and a few of them sentenced him to a typical punishment fitting his crime of sorcery scams and luciferian doctrines with underworld teachings (liken to Benny Hinn) to be "stoned and hanged" on passover, which is why the NT states he was slew and hanged.
Rome favored the half Roman Yeshu for obvious reasons but this is why John of Patmos called them the Great Harlot as John followed another Christ then Rome was forging.
Think about why teaching death as salvation (greek death cultism) was dangerous,look at the cultures which utilized and abused mankind with claims of martyrdom in dying for kings and kingdoms. Crusades, Jihaadis all death cult pawns and we the victims.

In short gee Rome favored the one they can displace blame on the Jews and this anti Judea behavior permeated the religious affiliation till more recently.
While the 2 other christs in the trinity got swallowed up by their enemies. A real Life of Brian story.

Anon, I am surprised at how sensitive your stomach is. Hope you are feeling better. John was not the one that started Christianity. That would be the disciples. John was the one that leaped in his mother's womb when Christ's mother visited his mother. John and Jesus were cousins. Many prophets of God were killed by man.

Temple found he was guilty of blasphemy but he was sentenced by the roman for crimes against the roman state which he was crucified for.

>>He consistently appropriated titles of divinity reserved only for Caesar to himself. During the Jewish high holy days of Passover, he rode into Jerusalem in open mockery of Caesar’s own entry, complete with kingly fanfare. Even worse, during a moment when thousands of Jewish pilgrims converged on Jerusalem — a time when the threat of seditious rebellion increased exponentially — Jesus interrupted the Empire’s commerce by wrecking the tables of the freelance bankers and merchants at the Temple, brandishing a weapon and making threats about tearing down the religious holy place.

Incitement. Sedition. Terrorist threats.

In the eyes of the Empire’s law, Jesus was guilty indeed of all these. And the Romans executed him for it, as was their law allowed. Even by the Christian scriptures’ own reasoning, Jesus’ execution was not a travesty of justice at all. As Paul writes in Romans, the government is “God’s minister, an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil,” and the the government does not bear the sword in vain.<<

Regarding several posts prior to this, starting with chat's, Pilate was the voice of the Roman Empire in that area, and found no guilt in Christ. And that was AFTER Jesus knocked over the corrupt money changers tables and was accused of sedition, and various other crimes. It was on the insistence of the Jewish priests that Rome condemn him also. The Priests broke more than a few of their own laws to find Jesus guilty. Allowing a trial to take place at night< (3 of them). Renting a robe during a trial, refusing to let the accused present witnesses...
The only thing the Romans cared about was to keep peace in the region while it was teaming with pilgrims. If you read the records Nicodemus kept of the proceedings you'll know exactly what was said and by whom. Pilate was not pleased with the priests prior to Christ's execution, and even less so when the news spread that Christ had returned.

Actually scripture does indicate that the Jews couldn't execute without Roman approval, but there is no mention of them requesting the Romans interfere with their stoning of Stephen, for instance.

Finally, there was no revolt by Christ or His followers, no incitement to revolt, and Jesus, the Christ, even prevented Peter from killing a Roman soldier that came to arrest Him. No tax revolt. To the contrary, when asked about the tax burden the Romans had placed on the Jews, Jesus told them to give Caesar what belongs to Caesar, while holding a coin with the likeness of Caesar on it in His hand. Bill got more than a few things wrong.
Rome wanted status quo. The Temple priests wanted Christ dead. The Romans wanted the priests to settle down and if it meant killing a Jew, then so be it. No big deal to Rome. Very big deal to the Pharisees

Last edited:
Quote:"that was AFTER Jesus knocked over the corrupt money changers tables."

The temple rampage comes from the historical story of Yehuda the Galionite who was confused for Yehuda the Galilean through simular names. THE galionite can be sourced in Josephus' writings. He ransacked the Temple as a thief and he was a murderer so most likely is where they get the Jesus and thief murderer Jesus Barabbas story from. Once again The Galilean christ died in 6bc and did not see the AD era the AD era Pilate (if historical a figure) never met the man who had passed away in the BC era. Saying pay Caesar what they deserve is like our tax revolting
militias saying pay the gov't what they deserve.
Rome was asking to much and subverting them to much and of coursed the morality was not tolerable to these righteous seeking people, as the money is being used for Rome's debaultery, military invasions and subversions and enslavement of other cultures. If any Christ wasn't in opposition to Rome and their tax then they would not be so moral nor fitting such a title set aside for one who would fight the adversary and restore morality.

Forum List

Back