Bible prophet murdered over words about woman's sex life...your thoughts?

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
So...the Bible prophet John the Baptist, who is arguably the founder of Christianity, was a man who was murdered over his words about a woman's sex life.

Do you have any thoughts on a prophet from "God" (quotes because I am an Agnostic) being murdered over critical words about a woman's sex life?

Thank you for any & all answers (feeling an increasing nausea feeling haha,)
A1977

-

So...the Bible prophet John the Baptist, who is arguably the founder of Christianity, was a man who was murdered over his words about a woman's sex life.

Do you have any thoughts on a prophet from "God" (quotes because I am an Agnostic) being murdered over critical words about a woman's sex life?

A1977

-

I am not familiar with that story------I thought herod's daughter wanted his head----
??? I have no idea why. I can say that in those days----in Judea----comments
on a woman of an intimate physical nature were considered absolutely off limits----
even on a superficial physical feature

The OP is confused, John The Baptist spoke out against Herod'sdivorce and remarriage and was imprisoned , Herod's daughter asked him for John's head, he granted her wish

The OP is confused, John The Baptist spoke out against Herod'sdivorce and remarriage and was imprisoned , Herod's daughter asked him for John's head, he granted her wish

oh----I googled-----you is right-----John had criticized SALOME's mom-----or something like that-----and her Dad HEROD-------so good girl Salome solved
the problem by dancing naked for A FAVOR----the favor being ----john's head .
(and I thought my family dysfunctional)

A1977

-

I am not familiar with that story------I thought herod's daughter wanted his head----
on a woman of an intimate physical nature were considered absolutely off limits----

Hi rosie, :) I see...actually the story is that John said that a relationship that a woman was having should not be going on...the woman later through her daughter got John murdered in prison.

Nauseating really...literally getting sickened lol.

-

Hi SassyIrish...no I am not confused...John said that some woman was having a relationship that was not lawful for her to be having...this lunatic woman later got John murdered by way of her daughter smh...sad & sickened :lol:

-

A1977

-

Hi rosie, :) I see...actually the story is that John said that a relationship that a woman was having should not be going on...the woman later through her daughter got John murdered in prison.

-
yeah----that woman was ---I think the first wife of Herod? who then married someone else ??-------or who had a husband before and THEN married Herod? ---
or something like that -------John was against a marriage that existed

oh----I googled-----you is right-----John had criticized SALOME's mom-----or something like that-----and her Dad HEROD-------so good girl Salome solved
the problem by dancing naked for A FAVOR----the favor being ----john's head .
(and I thought my family dysfunctional)

No, SassyIrish is off...I am right that John spoke critically about their relationship for which she later got him murdered in jail.

-

A1977

-

-
yeah----that woman was ---I think the first wife of Herod? who then married someone else ??-------or who had a husband before and THEN married Herod? ---

Not sure of the minor details but he was murdered by her (ultimately) because he spoke against her relationship.

Sick sick sick lol.

A1977

-

-

Not sure of the minor details but he was murdered by her (ultimately) because he spoke against her relationship.

Sick sick sick lol.

yeah------well------that Herod was a ROMAN shill----and his relatives----lots of
whom were EDOMITES were IFFY-------the palace was considered to be
very corrupt. ---------things were worse in rome -------and later on a lot worse in
London------remember HENRY VIII

A1977

-

-

Sick sick sick lol.

yeah------well------that Herod was a ROMAN shill----and his relatives----lots of
very corrupt. ---------things were worse in rome -------and later on a lot worse in

:) :) :) Thank you goddess :lol: :lol:

-

-

Sick sick sick lol.

-
who me? goddess? greek and roman and even hindu goddeses-----get to
lop people's heads off. uhm -------Siva's wife (hindu) is Parvati-----she ---
I think---is the goddess of sex and death --------who ME?????

-

Sick sick sick lol.

-
who me? goddess? greek and roman and even hindu goddeses-----get to
lop people's heads off. uhm -------Siva's wife (hindu) is Parvati-----she ---
I think---is the goddess of sex and death --------who ME?????

Yes yes yes...100% goddess!!! haha

-

Naturally, confusion seems to reign. From Matthew:

3 Now Herod had arrested John and bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife, 4 for John had been saying to him: “It is not lawful for you to have her. 5 Herod wanted to kill John, but he was afraid of the people, because they considered John a prophet.

Quite clearly, John's criticizing the KING, not the woman, was what landed him in prison and put a target on his back. The woman eventually had him executed, but it was his comments to the king that attracted attention in the first place.

Prophets were often treated this way, because they were a royal thorn in the side of those in authority.

Naturally, confusion seems to reign. From Matthew:

3 Now Herod had arrested John and bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife, 4 for John had been saying to him: “It is not lawful for you to have her. 5 Herod wanted to kill John, but he was afraid of the people, because they considered John a prophet.

Quite clearly, John's criticizing the KING, not the woman, was what landed him in prison and put a target on his back. The woman eventually had him executed, but it was his comments to the king that attracted attention in the first place.

Prophets were often treated this way, because they were a royal thorn in the side of those in authority.

Lolol

No confusion, hadit lol...actually the accounts vary from Gospel to Gospel, but she in all of the Gospels was the force behind John's murder. :)

-

Historical problems and holes in this story:
1) Salome was the wife of Jannaeus a king historically dated accurately in 100bc, she was the friend and follower of Yeshu son of Mary of the 100bc era.
2) King Herod died in 4bc which is why the excuse it as the later AD era Herod whereby most likely John the Baptist story coincides with the AD era christ Theudas by the Jordan river. However:
The Mandeans a sect of Sabians claimed to be descendants of the followers of John claim Jesus as the false prophet who had his friend & follower send John off to be slain, so he could take over his cult, which he mostly did. The question is which era is John from and which christ? Since they compiled all, we can't clearly determine the historical from the fable Jesus.
Either way this means Jesus is but an image made by Rome which we know is masking the Baal Harvest scam and all the Christs by themselves were failed leaders used by Rome to make their Luciferous character seem real.

A1977

-
John B was killed for speaking out against the marriage of Herod Antipas and his brother's wife, Herodias. Herod divorced his first wife to do so.

A1977

-
John B was killed for speaking out against the marriage of Herod Antipas and his brother's wife, Herodias. Herod divorced his first wife to do so.

aris2chat

Yes...I know what happened in their relationship, but as far as his being murdered, his life ending like that at the hands of a woman whose sex life/relationship he condemned and him being a prophet and perishing like that...any thoughts?... :)

-

Last edited:
irosie91 SassyIrishLass

Interesting sidenote to this Bible story...actually a man marrying his brother's ex-wife was not necessarily against any rule that a Roman tetrarch would be under...so it sounds to me like in the story that John was speaking against the lustfulness of their relationship when he said that it is not "lawful for you to have her," and it sounds like his speaking against their lust what was moved the woman to have him murdered...

-

Forum List

Back