Beto O'Rourke says he still supports denying Texans their civil rights

Of course owning a nuclear weapon doesn't have a victim. Until it does.
The day an individual has enough money to purchase AND use a nuke is the day you can ban individuals from owning nukes.

Deal?

(whole fucking countries can't get nukes, much less use said nukes [$$$$$$$])

Right off into reductio ad absurdum. Way to prove my point.
You said "Rape has a victim. Owning a rifle or handgun does not."

You seem think a nuclear weapon is somehow different than a gun. So where is the line between the two? Seems like they are both to your point.

You seem think a nuclear weapon is somehow different than a gun. So where is the line between the two? Seems like they are both to your point.
You seem to think actually getting and using a nuke is like going down to the grocery store.

WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRIES can't get nukes.

But if you want to ban nukes, go for it.

Let me know when you can obtain a nuclear weapon…

I mean sure you might be able to scrap enough uranium together for a dirty bomb but even then I am not betting that you will succeed…

SCOTUS has already addressed the definition of arms. A nuclear warhead is not an 'arm' and, aside form the legal specifics, it is also not a weapon with which one has any pretense of defending oneself.

It is not to my point whatsoever as they are not even remotely similar. If you think that a gun and a nuclear bomb are similar items then you really need to get a grip with reality here. I can also say a skateboard and a semi-truck are the same thing because they both roll on wheels and you can put things on them to move them so you should require a license to operate both. That would be obviously specious and asinine.

Let me know when you can obtain a nuclear weapon…

I mean sure you might be able to scrap enough uranium together for a dirty bomb but even then I am not betting that you will succeed…
Probably just a matter of having enough money, NK probably has one to sell. You OK if your neighbor gets one?

When something like that is pushed for Texas governor or Senator or whatever, you know the globalism exists.

Probably just a matter of having enough money, NK probably has one to sell. You OK if your neighbor gets one?
Be pretty hard to smuggle it in the country, so as you make asinine comparisons let think for a moment and realize people can not and will never own a nuclear bomb ( unless dirty or briefcase ) as private citizens, so why try to compare the two?

He may have the support of at least one group, the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP):
Criminal Use of Semi-Automatic Assault Weapons First passed in 1994, the assault weapons ban required domestic gun manufacturers to stop production of semi-automatic assault weapons and ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds except for military or police use. While the ban was in place, it was remarkably effective in reducing the number of crimes involving assault weapons. In the period of the ban, (1994-2004) the proportion of assault weapons traced to crimes fell by a dramatic 66 percent. Semi-Automatic assault weapons are routinely the weapons of choice for gang members and drug dealers. They are regularly encountered in drug busts and are all too often used against police officers. The IACP has been a strong supporter of the assault weapons ban since 1992, and our membership has approved several reauthorizations of support in the years since. The membership took this action because we, as law enforcement executives, understand that the criminal use of semiautomatic assault weapons pose a grave risk to our officers and the communities they are sworn to protect.​
Utter horseshit. Do you have some evidence to support this claim?

A so-called "assault weapon" is nothing more than a semi-automatic rifle, like the kind used for hunting. The differences are purely cosmetic. Furthermore, the number of people killed by pistols is about 5 times greater than the number killed by rifles, most of which aren't so-called "assault weapons."

Who cares what the IACP says? The rank and file are opposed to gun control. Police chiefs are political ass kissers.

SCOTUS has already addressed the definition of arms. A nuclear warhead is not an 'arm' and, aside form the legal specifics, it is also not a weapon with which one has any pretense of defending oneself.

It is not to my point whatsoever as they are not even remotely similar. If you think that a gun and a nuclear bomb are similar items then you really need to get a grip with reality here. I can also say a skateboard and a semi-truck are the same thing because they both roll on wheels and you can put things on them to move them so you should require a license to operate both. That would be obviously specious and asinine.
You're moving the goalposts.

How does owning a nuclear weapon have a victim?

Do you realize there's a difference between rifles & handguns and nuclear weapons?

Because it doesn't look like you do.

WHOLE FUCKING COUNTRIES can't get assault rifles. Seems the principle is the same though.
The AK-47, or Kalashnikov, is the most popular weapon in the world today, with an estimated 70 million currently in existence. Numerous countries manufacture local variants of the ubiquitous assault rifle and while a new Chinese-made AK-47 might cost you $500, you can easily purchase one in many former conflict zones for as cheap as $50.

Whole fucking countries can't afford a 50 buck rifle?

You're retarded.

He may have the support of at least one group, the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP):
Criminal Use of Semi-Automatic Assault Weapons First passed in 1994, the assault weapons ban required domestic gun manufacturers to stop production of semi-automatic assault weapons and ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds except for military or police use. While the ban was in place, it was remarkably effective in reducing the number of crimes involving assault weapons. In the period of the ban, (1994-2004) the proportion of assault weapons traced to crimes fell by a dramatic 66 percent. Semi-Automatic assault weapons are routinely the weapons of choice for gang members and drug dealers. They are regularly encountered in drug busts and are all too often used against police officers. The IACP has been a strong supporter of the assault weapons ban since 1992, and our membership has approved several reauthorizations of support in the years since. The membership took this action because we, as law enforcement executives, understand that the criminal use of semiautomatic assault weapons pose a grave risk to our officers and the communities they are sworn to protect.​
You can't be this stupid.

Can you? :eek:

Maybe Google the Constitution?

And learn about basic logic?

Forum List

Back