Beta O'Rourke: Parents Shouldn’t Have a Say in Their Children’s Education

If the choice is between education professionals choosing the curriculum in my children's school, or a bunch of rabid Trump worshippers., I'll take the former.

Parents absolutely should have a say in their students’ education. This mindset echoed by Robert Francis O’Rourke is straight out of playbooks for “new world order” where the State is put above all else.

Sorry, but I couldn't help noticing that the title of the thread is a lie. But I do understand why you used it. Repubs feel they have found a disingenuous, but effective, campaign issue to run on. One that gets a visceral response from parents by misrepresenting the facts. Something Repubs are expert at because of all the practice they've had.
Yeah, how dare they produce the things he actually said! Don't they know they're supposed to only use quotes after the spin doctors get hold of them, add and subtract words, and generally mold it into something unrecognizable?

If the choice is between education professionals choosing the curriculum in my children's school, or a bunch of rabid Trump worshippers., I'll take the former.
IOW, parents need not concern themselves with what their children are learning, the professionals have it all figured out.

IOW, parents need not concern themselves with what their children are learning, the professionals have it all figured out.
Yes. Education professionals study education for years. Most parents are totally ignorant.

If I had a choice between the teachers or a bunch of religious morons deciding what my kids learn, I'll go with the teachers without a second thought.

Parents absolutely should have a say in their students’ education. This mindset echoed by Robert Francis O’Rourke is straight out of playbooks for “new world order” where the State is put above all else.

How about if people who are qualified to make decisions are the people who get to make the decisions.

The vast majority of parents that send their kids to public schools are morons. Sure, if they limited to parents had a say in the curriculum only to those that had advanced degrees, it would be fine, but the most outspoken parents tend to be the least educated. (Some even think that CRT is taught in grammar schools!)

How about if people who are qualified to make decisions are the people who get to make the decisions.

The vast majority of parents that send their kids to public schools are morons. Sure, if they limited to parents had a say in the curriculum only to those that had advanced degrees, it would be fine, but the most outspoken parents tend to be the least educated. (Some even think that CRT is taught in grammar schools!)
Many of the people running the public schools have advanced degrees are setting up curriculums today that are shifting more towards social engineering and less on critical thinking, analytical, and communications skills.

As the science moves on...parents will be forced to give up their children to education factories where the child lives full time.

Many of the people running the public schools have advanced degrees are setting up curriculums today that are shifting more towards social engineering and less on critical thinking, analytical, and communications skills.

The educational system shifted away from critical and analytical thinking many years ago. They teach to 'average' intelligence - which is an IQ around 100. It's called marking on a curve.

Still the highly intelligent students get recognized, for the most part, and go onto better colleges. Grammar school is more about keeping the morons from growing into total animals. That's why 'social engineering' is needed. It teaches the morons to act like human beings. Too bad they don't learn that in their religion.

As the science moves on...parents will be forced to give up their children to education factories where the child lives full time.

I have 2 sons that have been raised in 'education factories'. Your kids will probably work for them - if your lucky!

Yes. Education professionals study education for years. Most parents are totally ignorant.

If I had a choice between the teachers or a bunch of religious morons deciding what my kids learn, I'll go with the teachers without a second thought.
And therein lies the rub, "without a second thought".

Teachers have little control in what they teach troll

Having greater confidence in educational professionals than a bunch of ignorant idiots doesn't take much thought. No rub at all.
That just means you don't care what they're teaching your kids. Would you care if the educational professional were all hard-core rightwing conservatives or still not a second thought?

Forum List

Back