Best movie trilogy of all time ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
No doubt it’s the Jason Bourne trilogy !!
Bourne identity
Bourne supremacy
Bourne Ultimatum

All 3 are superb
The BU is free right now on amazon prime TV

Each one is 1000 times better than any silly bond film
The last 2 are the best

If Rocky counts as a trilogy that’s the answer

No doubt it’s the Jason Bourne trilogy !!
Bourne identity
Bourne supremacy
Bourne Ultimatum

All 3 are superb
The BU is free right now on amazon prime TV

Each one is 1000 times better than any silly bond film
The last 2 are the best

Robert Ludlum's novels are much better than the movies, in my opinion. My favorite trilogy is easily the Alien movies. While Alien and Aliens were much better than Alien 3, the trilogy remains, again in my opinion, the best big screen military/sci fi-horror series out there.

1fMPN (1).jpg

Good answers so far. Im gonna go ahead and mention the Indiana Jones Trilogy. (Lets just pretend the Crystal Skull never existed)
Diggin it. I watched the Crystal Skull last weekend on free TV. In hindsight, it's actually pretty good.

You know, I actually liked it..until the moment the words "inner space" came out of John Hurt's mouth. Up until then it was a fun romp with familiar faces and a good nostalgia piece (Cold War, nuclear bombs, Russians, Roswell, aliens). And then, instead of leaving the ending about aliens open ended (were they, weren't they?), they became inter-dimensional beings. I screamed NOOOOOOOO!!!!...in my head of course. The theater was packed. :)

I'm going with
The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
The Matrix 4

The first one was fantastic. I like the second one all the way up till the point where Robert E Lee showed up..and then we found out it had all been done before..5 times already...and I wanted to cry.
The third one was just an Infinity Wars battle...way ahead of that movie of course.

I would say the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Movie making on an epic scale, bringing one of the most popular literary trilogies to life.

YES!

It is also the only one of the trilogies mentioned in the thread to have won best picture award.

The Bourne Trilogy is consistently good. I own the DVD set.

'Batman first two movies were great, the third movie is almost a different movie in itself. DVD set

Star Wars movies was good, GREAT, and third one pretty good. VHS set

The first two Aliens movies are very good, the rest...... not very good. DVD set

The first Matrix is very good, the second one the story thins out for the increased actions stuff, thus losing momentum, the third one became on move too many. DVD set

Have the first two Godfather movies, each are very good, Deniro was fabulous in the second movie, the third movie a disappointing drop off, wish Rider was the daughter in the movie, which would have helped. Own the first two VHS movies

Forum List

Back