Best Antivirus Program?

Well, the time has come for me to renew my Norton anti virus software. But they want £69 so that is out.
I was looking at AVG but the antivirus is free and the firewall costs money. I do not want to be without a firewall.
I think I may go with Kaspersky as its half price in smiths. They used to do Norton but they seem to have dropped it.

Well, that plan didn't last long, Kaspersky only works on Windows 8 and I am using Windows 7

Well, the time has come for me to renew my Norton anti virus software. But they want £69 so that is out.
I was looking at AVG but the antivirus is free and the firewall costs money. I do not want to be without a firewall.
I think I may go with Kaspersky as its half price in smiths. They used to do Norton but they seem to have dropped it.
The Windows 7 firewall is OK.

The Windows 7 firewall is OK.

Windows 7 has a firewall?
Edit;
Yes it does, I just checked it out and apparently it is being managed by Norton, but presumably it works without Norton too.

Last edited:

We had Kaspersky on Windows 7, are you sure it won't work?

If you do decide (or can) go with Kaspersky, they have a 'suite' package that includes 'safe money', which opens financial type sites (banks, paypal, etc) in their secure browser mode. Just another layer of protection.

If you do decide (or can) go with Kaspersky, they have a 'suite' package that includes 'safe money', which opens financial type sites (banks, paypal, etc) in their secure browser mode. Just another layer of protection.

I looked at the Kaspersky web site and it says it supports Windows 8 but there is nothing about Windows 7.

I looked at the Kaspersky web site and it says it supports Windows 8 but there is nothing about Windows 7.

They support Vista, 7, 8, 8.1

General Requirements
  • Approximately 480 MB free space on the hard drive
  • CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive (for installation via CD)
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher
  • Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or higher
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or higher
Minimum System Requirements*:
  • Microsoft® Windows 8.1 /Pro/Enterprise/update (32-bit or 64-bit**) .
  • Microsoft® Windows 8 /Pro/Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit**).
  • Microsoft® Windows 7® Starter/Home Basic and Premium/Professional/Ultimate SP1 or higher(32-bit or 64-bit**).
  • Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Basic and Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP1 or higher (32-bit or 64-bit**).
Hardware Requirements:
  • CPU: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) / 64-bit (x64)
  • RAM: 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2015 Computer Virus Protection Kaspersky Lab US

I have used Bitdefender Antivirus 2013, 2014 and now 2015 ands great. It's been named the Best AntiVirus software several years in a row. You don't really know it's there. If you buy it through Herman Street its discounted $15-20. You just download it from their site!

Well the moment has come. I done did it. I stripped out Norton anti virus and installed Microsoft security essentials. The first thing I noticed was it does not remove my password cookies when you run a quick scan.
Norton logged me out of all sites that need a password every time I ran a scan. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Time may tell.

Here's what I use. First, I have Advanced system care. This is a great program. It has several things included, such as Malware bytes and Antivirus protection. It also has several other tools, including a great Defrag program that also Defrag the registry. It has a program manager and the Uninstaller utility is top notch. It doesn't leave anything behind. Basically, it has everything you need to keep your PC purring like a kitten. It's free to use most of it, and you can get a year of premium for a very low price. And finally, the free version is better than most paid products.its that good. Get it. Do it now.

Well the moment has come. I done did it. I stripped out Norton anti virus and installed Microsoft security essentials. The first thing I noticed was it does not remove my password cookies when you run a quick scan.
Norton logged me out of all sites that need a password every time I ran a scan. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Time may tell.
I don´t think that this is bad. If the passwords are deleted, nobody can gather them but this protection lasts only a short time after a scan.

Here's what I use. First, I have Advanced system care. This is a great program. It has several things included, such as Malware bytes and Antivirus protection. It also has several other tools, including a great Defrag program that also Defrag the registry. It has a program manager and the Uninstaller utility is top notch. It doesn't leave anything behind. Basically, it has everything you need to keep your PC purring like a kitten. It's free to use most of it, and you can get a year of premium for a very low price. And finally, the free version is better than most paid products.its that good. Get it. Do it now.
Most features are true nonsense. Registry defragmentation is pure nonsense. Registry clean up is even dangerous and provides no improvement. It is simple to understand. When a program needs to request a value from the registry it will find it in a certain path and will access it using the same time that it would use if the registry was "boosted", cleaned up" or "defragmented". I only use CCleaner but not for the registry features.

Most features are true nonsense. Registry defragmentation is pure nonsense. Registry clean up is even dangerous and provides no improvement. It is simple to understand. When a program needs to request a value from the registry it will find it in a certain path and will access it using the same time that it would use if the registry was "boosted", cleaned up" or "defragmented". I only use CCleaner but not for the registry features.
I've been using it for years now, and I haven't had any problems. also, there is malware that can make assertions into the registry. it's usually a good thing to get rid of those.

I've been using it for years now, and I haven't had any problems. also, there is malware that can make assertions into the registry. it's usually a good thing to get rid of those.
The tools find registry errors even directly after a fresh setup and if you have "cleaned" your registry, do a scan with another tool and see how many errors that one finds, and so on.

The tools find registry errors even directly after a fresh setup and if you have "cleaned" your registry, do a scan with another tool and see how many errors that one finds, and so on.
It keeps my PC running like a champ. That's all I care about.

You think it does.

"It keeps my PC running like a champ. That's all I care about."-Mr.Right

That's all you care about? You don't care about the National Debt? The plight of the Middle Class? The threat of ISIS and al Qaeda? :ack-1:

Why do you hate America? :disbelief:

That's all you care about? You don't care about the National Debt? The plight of the Middle Class? The threat of ISIS and al Qaeda? :ack-1:

You think it does.
I know it does. It's been running without any problems for over two years now.

You think it does.
I know it does. It's been running without any problems for over two years now.
Sure, it would not run fine without registry tweaks?

Forum List

Back