Bernie Sanders: I'm concerned about GOP "war talk"

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
The GOP war hawks never learn anything..
Bernie Sanders, long known for his anti-war positions, raised a red flag Sunday on the rhetoric coming from GOP circles about Mideast crises.

On Sunday, Sanders said he is "very concerned about a lot of the war talk that I am hearing from my Republican colleagues who apparently have forgotten the cost of war and the errors made in Afghanistan and Iraq."

Sanders, the independent senator who is challenging former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination, has run a campaign more focused on economic equality in the U.S. than his foreign policy vision. But in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday, he talked about how the U.S. should address the ongoing refugee crisis being created by instability in Syria.

20 PHOTOS
European migrant crisis

"I think really the issue now is not who is at fault, the issue is now what we do," Sanders said when asked by host Chuck Todd whether the policies of former President George W. Bush or President Obama were to blame. "What we do is bring the region together."

Sanders said countries like Saudi Arabia and Turkey are going to "have to get their hands dirty and are going to have to get on the ground" to fight the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). He said the U.S., Britain, France and other allies should be "supportive," but he does not believe in putting American troops into combat there.

"I disagree that the United States should have combat troops in that area. I fear very much that we will be in perpetual warfare in that region. I do not want to see that occur," he said.

bernie.jpg

It's starting to look like Russia is going to help Sryia fight ISIS in Syria if that happens the odds increase greatly that Assad the man the Obama administration has said for years must go will likely still be in power when Obama leaves office. Now that would be true irony.

It's starting to look like Russia is going to help Sryia fight ISIS in Syria if that happens the odds increase greatly that Assad the man the Obama administration has said for years must go will likely still be in power when Obama leaves office. Now that would be true irony.

Who do you prefer ruling Syria?
Assad, or the guy leading ISIS?

Who do you prefer ruling Syria?
Assad, or the guy leading ISIS?
Neither is great choice it's like asking would rather live under the rule of Hitler or Stalin both would have been horrible.

Bernie Sanders, long known for his anti-war positions, raised a red flag Sunday on the rhetoric coming from GOP circles about Mideast crises.

On Sunday, Sanders said he is "very concerned about a lot of the war talk that I am hearing from my Republican colleagues who apparently have forgotten the cost of war and the errors made in Afghanistan and Iraq."

Sanders, the independent senator who is challenging former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination, has run a campaign more focused on economic equality in the U.S. than his foreign policy vision. But in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday, he talked about how the U.S. should address the ongoing refugee crisis being created by instability in Syria.

20 PHOTOS
European migrant crisis

"I think really the issue now is not who is at fault, the issue is now what we do," Sanders said when asked by host Chuck Todd whether the policies of former President George W. Bush or President Obama were to blame. "What we do is bring the region together."

Sanders said countries like Saudi Arabia and Turkey are going to "have to get their hands dirty and are going to have to get on the ground" to fight the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). He said the U.S., Britain, France and other allies should be "supportive," but he does not believe in putting American troops into combat there.

"I disagree that the United States should have combat troops in that area. I fear very much that we will be in perpetual warfare in that region. I do not want to see that occur," he said.
The last war was a Democrat war in Libya! Before that the 5 bloodiest US wars were started by Democrats:
(1) Civil War: Democrats wants to keep their Black slaves in line, kind of like they do today.
(2) WWII: Definitely a war worth fighting, but a D was at the helm
(3) WWI: there is no reason we should have been in that war.
(4) Vietnam
(5) Korean War
America’s 10 deadliest wars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, you are a Muslim I presume....

What exactly do you think we ought to do?

WTF~

20 PHOTOS
European migrant crisis

The last war was a Democrat war in Libya! Before that the 5 bloodiest US wars were started by Democrats:
(1) Civil War: Democrats wants to keep their Black slaves in line, kind of like they do today.
(4) Vietnam
(5) Korean War

Why isn't Bush's backstab America war included in your list, that was the most foolish of them all.
original.jpg

So, you are a Muslim I presume....

What exactly do you think we ought to do?

WTF~

20 PHOTOS
European migrant crisis

(4) Vietnam
(5) Korean War

Why isn't Bush's backstab America war included in your list, that was the most foolish of them all.
original.jpg
Because I said 5 and it was no 7!

Iraq was nearly as bad as Vietnam! 58,000 Americans died to 4k!

YAWN\

the so-called doves on the Left excel at making war on American institutions, on fellow Americans. look at how they divide and conquer, look at how they hve torn apart the fabric of society and set back race relations decades.
Progs; the ultimate WAR-MONGERS

He is old enough to have been concerned about the democrat party "war talk". Every major military adventure in the bloody 20th century happened during a democrat administration.
Every? It's amazing how some will just parrot what they've heard and believe without engaging their brains. Ever heard of "Desert Storm"?!?!

20 PHOTOS
European migrant crisis

Of course loonbat bernie forgot about lbj's adventure in south asia.

Forum List

Back