Bernie Sanders epitomizes left-wing

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Bernie Sanders was asked to leave a Hippie Commune for being too lazy. That's right, the man that young people want to be president was too lazy to be a hippie in a hippie commune. :lol:

The gospel truth is, I could care less how lazy someone is. I can appreciate wanting life outside of the fast lane. But the problem comes when you believe you have the right to someone else's labor and/or wealth. It's appalling that the Democrat party never let go of slavery. 200 years ago they wanted slaves to work for them and today they still want slaves to work for them.

Bernie Sanders Was Asked to Leave Hippie Commune for Shirking, Book Claims

Bernie Sanders was asked to leave a Hippie Commune for being too lazy. That's right, the man that young people want to be president was too lazy to be a hippie in a hippie commune. :lol:

The gospel truth is, I could care less how lazy someone is. I can appreciate wanting life outside of the fast lane. But the problem comes when you believe you have the right to someone else's labor and/or wealth. It's appalling that the Democrat party never let go of slavery. 200 years ago they wanted slaves to work for them and today they still want slaves to work for them.

A book written on the basis that her parents were friends of somebody there. Great source. Nothing like vetting your own links.

And I'm sure after 45 years it's pure coincidence the book comes out during its subject's maximum name recognition. Just lucky that way.

Gullible's Travels.

Last edited:
It's appalling that the Democrat party never let go of slavery. 200 years ago they wanted slaves to work for them and today they still want slaves to work for them.

There's no such thing as the "Democrat Party". The closest similar name, the Democratic Party, didn't even EXIST 200 years ago.

Sanders has never been a Democrat before this campaign anyway.

Holy shit what a crash and burn. :rofl:

And this except is a shining example of everything that is wrong with liberalism:

"The commune was ultimately a casualty of the War on Drugs. One of its residents, Jed, ran a sophisticated marijuana grow operation to supplement his farmers’ income. When the authorities descended on the land in the mid-1980s, they found nearby a quarter million dollars of marijuana and a small arsenal of weapons, including “a bullet-proof vest, a machete, a gas mask, and a fully loaded Uzi.”

Because Jed had set up his operation on Myrtle Hill’s land, a guilty verdict could have jeopardized the entire commune—a hard lesson about liability and private property ownership for the commune’s remaining residents. While Jed was found guilty, the other residents managed to beat the rap and save the farm from being taken by the government. They broke the land into individually-owned parcels shortly afterward, bringing the Myrtle Hill experiment to a close."

Liberals struggle with basic concepts (economics, the U.S. Constitution, history, etc.) and that is a perfect example. Everything the left does is single point of failure. They want to invest all of the United States in the federal government. The problem with that (as our founders realized) is that if the federal government fails, the entire country fails. We were designed by the founders with redundancy. 50 individual states operating independently of the other states - united only in 18 specific issues (money, intellectual property, defense, etc.). That way, if one state or municipality failed - like Detroit going bankrupt (thanks to liberalism) - the rest of us were unaffected by the choices. This hippie commune is a prime example of liberal stupidity. And even these filthy, uneducated, doped up hippies were able to learn from the near disaster and immediately broke up the land into individually owned properties so that the poor decisions of any one individual would not destroy everyone. It's a lesson that the modern day liberal has been unable to grasp as of yet.

There's no such thing as the "Democrat Party". The closest similar name, the Democratic Party, didn't even EXIST 200 years ago.

WTF?

62933013.jpg

In much the same way as Donald Trump epitomizes the right.........dishonest, ignorant, superficial.

It's appalling that the Democrat party never let go of slavery. 200 years ago they wanted slaves to work for them and today they still want slaves to work for them.

RcwDNzd.png

Yep Sanders is a horrible candidate. If he somehow wins the nomination I may become a Trump Democrat.

Yep Sanders is a horrible candidate. If he somehow wins the nomination I may become a Trump Democrat.
If you vote for Hilary Clinton you're already a Trump Democrat.

And this except is a shining example of everything that is wrong with liberalism:

"The commune was ultimately a casualty of the War on Drugs. One of its residents, Jed, ran a sophisticated marijuana grow operation to supplement his farmers’ income. When the authorities descended on the land in the mid-1980s, they found nearby a quarter million dollars of marijuana and a small arsenal of weapons, including “a bullet-proof vest, a machete, a gas mask, and a fully loaded Uzi.”

Because Jed had set up his operation on Myrtle Hill’s land, a guilty verdict could have jeopardized the entire commune—a hard lesson about liability and private property ownership for the commune’s remaining residents. While Jed was found guilty, the other residents managed to beat the rap and save the farm from being taken by the government. They broke the land into individually-owned parcels shortly afterward, bringing the Myrtle Hill experiment to a close."

Liberals struggle with basic concepts (economics, the U.S. Constitution, history, etc.) and that is a perfect example. Everything the left does is single point of failure. They want to invest all of the United States in the federal government. The problem with that (as our founders realized) is that if the federal government fails, the entire country fails. We were designed by the founders with redundancy. 50 individual states operating independently of the other states - united only in 18 specific issues (money, intellectual property, defense, etc.). That way, if one state or municipality failed - like Detroit going bankrupt (thanks to liberalism) - the rest of us were unaffected by the choices. This hippie commune is a prime example of liberal stupidity. And even these filthy, uneducated, doped up hippies were able to learn from the near disaster and immediately broke up the land into individually owned properties so that the poor decisions of any one individual would not destroy everyone. It's a lesson that the modern day liberal has been unable to grasp as of yet.

Once again, for the oblivious:

>> Daloz, a Brooklyn writer, was in a special position to write a history of Myrtle Hill: she was raised near the commune in a geodesic dome residence with an outhouse called the Richard M. Nixon Memorial Hall. Her parents were close acquaintances of the commune residents, who offered them tips about wilderness living. <<
That's from your own link. It was there free to read the whole time.

"I wasn't there but my parents say they knew a guy who gave them tips on the sticks, and I grew up in a geodesic dome outhouse, therefore I'm like totally qualified to write this book that just happens to mention a famous person as like a total coincidence". :lol:

What's more a search for any "Myrtle Hill" commune, group, organization or anything else in Vermont in archived history turns up --- absolutely nothing. Not even in this compendium of Vermont communes from the Vermont Historical Society. No record whatsoever that it ever existed, let alone these various stories collected at the Richard M. Nixon Memorial Outhouse, or whatever it was supposed to be.

But I tell you what --- I can sell you the bridge from there, since you'll believe anything.

Btw -- here is your author -- current photo:

dalozKate.jpg

She looks remarkably well preserved for a writer old enough to recount stuff from 45 years ago, don't you think?

Ah, life in Duh Bubble....

If you vote for Hilary Clinton you're already a Trump Democrat.
Okay komrade. Half of my family is Cuban. I know what communism is like. I hope Sanders loses and you never have to find out.

Yup, all he wanted to do was talk politics and distract others from their work. He's always been a loser who dreamed of free shit from others who did the hard work. He's never been interested in real work.

Yup, all he wanted to do was talk politics and distract others from their work. He's always been a loser who dreamed of free shit from others who did the hard work. He's never been interested in real work.

Yammean like the way some of you have never been interested in real stories?

In much the same way as Donald Trump epitomizes the right.........dishonest, ignorant, superficial.

Ahahaha left wing projection ^^^

Or just recognize that white trash like you will never be able to take care of yourselves

ANd that if we let your children muck around in poverty those of us with skills and wealth will just segregate ourselves from you. And then piss on you like you're peasants. Which is already happening

Do you really want to live in a society where only those of us with high IQ have any rights or capital? Because that's what the free market will do. If you're not at least a standard deviation above the norm in IQ you're probably going to be poor in a free market

There is no ‘truth’ in this moronic thread premise.

TPM nitwits, indeed.

One problem. Donald Trump is a life-long LIBERAL whose dishonesty and greedy represents the LEFT. If you want to bash the right - at least pick an actual conservative. Ronald Reagan. Rand Paul. Ted Cruz. You can't choose a life-long Democrat and declare his flaws represent the right genius.

Forum List

Back