Bergdahl Left A Note

I want to know why the administration referred to a man who left his post without permission as a man that served with honor and distinction.

He was given the same respect by this administration that we would give those that risked their lives looking for him.

If Bergdahl had left a note stating his intentions to join up with the enemy, the Pentagon would have made that known, and would not have sent people to rescue him. They would have labeled him an enemy.

You know that.

Fox news reporting that GOP lawmakers were informed of trade in 2011 and 2012

I want to know why the administration referred to a man who left his post without permission as a man that served with honor and distinction.

He was given the same respect by this administration that we would give those that risked their lives looking for him.

If Bergdahl had left a note stating his intentions to join up with the enemy, the Pentagon would have made that known, and would not have sent people to rescue him. They would have labeled him an enemy.

You know that.

I know nothing of the note and I have yet to mention it. I highly doubt the JCoS would allow the deal if such a note existed.

But as former military, I know one thing.

Going AWOL while in the theatre does not just jeopardize your status in the military.

It compromises your entire company for you subject yourself to capture and torture and forced to release information associated with your company.

It compromises your company for you had a responsibility....be it clean latrines or sentry...and when you go AWOL, no one knows that station is vacant.

It baffles me that a man who went AWOL was considered by this administration as one who served with honor and distinction.

Going AWOL is as selfish as it gets in the military....ESPECIALLY when deployed.

Can you disagree?

Cherry picked the information my friend.

They were informed back then and the administration received BI PARTISAN objection to it and the administration informed them they would re-convene at a later date to discuss it further.

They did not.

Feinstein and other Dems as well, and the subject was dropped, or so they thought, due to bipartisan agreement they did not want these 5 released. Thus why, in my opinion, they left Congress uninformed when they decided to go ahead with it, knowing they wouldn't have the support needed.

You know that.

I know nothing of the note and I have yet to mention it. I highly doubt the JCoS would allow the deal if such a note existed.

Going AWOL while in the theatre does not just jeopardize your status in the military.

It compromises your entire company for you subject yourself to capture and torture and forced to release information associated with your company.

It compromises your company for you had a responsibility....be it clean latrines or sentry...and when you go AWOL, no one knows that station is vacant.

It baffles me that a man who went AWOL was considered by this administration as one who served with honor and distinction.

Going AWOL is as selfish as it gets in the military....ESPECIALLY when deployed.

Can you disagree?

I am retired military.

The scenario would have played out entirely differently if Baghdahl had left behind a note stating he was joining the enemy. It would not have been a rescue mission which ensued. It would have been a capture mission.

We have no evidence provided, to date, that he went AWOL. All we have heard are opinions and speculation which the more credulous are stating as fact.

Those speculations go against what you and I both know would have been the actual reaction to someone deserting to the enemy.

You know that.

Can you disagree?

I am retired military.

The scenario would have played out entirely differently if Baghdahl had left behind a note stating he was joining the enemy. It would not have been a rescue mission which ensued. It would have been a capture mission.

We have no evidence provided, to date, that he went AWOL. All we have heard are opinions and speculation which the more credulous are stating as fact.

Those speculations go against what you and I both know would have been the actual reaction to someone deserting to the enemy.

No. It is fact he went AWOL. AWOL does not mean deserter. Desserter is a military justice court martial declaration.

But he definitely went AWOL. He left his post without permission from his superiors.

We seek out those that go AWOL for fear they will be captured and compromise the safety of his/her company. If they are captured when AWOL they are not deemed a POW...they are deemed a hostage.

I am surprised you don't know this seeing as you are former military.

Can you disagree?

I am retired military.

No. It is fact he went AWOL. AWOL does not mean deserter. Desserter is a military justice court martial declaration.

But he definitely went AWOL. He left his post without permission from his superiors.

We seek out those that go AWOL for fear they will be captured and compromise the safety of his/her company. If they are captured when AWOL they are not deemed a POW...they are deemed a hostage.

I am surprised you don't know this seeing as you are former military.

Correction..

You are retired military.

And you don't know this?

It's not just like Bowe is allowed to decide one day "hey I'll be Crocodile Dundee and go on a walkabout". He left.

Of that there is no doubt. Pentagon in 2010 had it nailed.

Forum List

Back