Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

did you include the provided example -

could that be - physiology is a metaphysical substance not native to planet earth that dissipates into the atmosphere when no longer viable and is guided by a spiritual component ... and changes through time through evolutionary progressions
did you include the provided example -

could that be - physiology is a metaphysical substance not native to planet earth that dissipates into the atmosphere when no longer viable and is guided by a spiritual component ... and changes through time through evolutionary progressions.
Seriously ? Woo woo isn’t an example. It’s BS.

so the hundreds of riots during 2020 that destroyed public and private property were done by conservatives? No one supports pollution, but you libs won't fight pollution, you only scream global warming and climate change. BTW, there is no proven link between pollution and climate. Why don't you focus on pollution and forget the climate change cultism? On the vax, I got it and still got covid twice. It does not prevent covid, and yes I go to medical doctors regularly. I suggest you see a psychiatrist because you obviously need mental help
Straight from Tucker’s talking points. Nothing you say is supported by any university, Govt or major corporation, just the conspiracy crowd. Go ahead, name one.

Remember, it is not a Bible amendment, but a tradition that became formally recognized.
Actually, it is a Bible amendment. As the Bibles make no statements about a sinless Mary, this is a recent amendment by the catholic church.

Tradition? Odd you would use that term. Trick or treating on Halloween is also a tradition.

I see each story in the Bible as someone who has something to say. It also appears as generations passed, they were revised or updated, much like we do with our textbooks in our own time. They are fun to research and analyze, trying to get back to the intent of the original author to the original audience. Our ancestors were amazing storytellers.

Adam died at age 930; Cain died at age 730; Seth died at age 912. I think the best theory is that Adam, Cain, Abel, and Seth were the names of tribes. It was the history of our first tribes made into single characters. The Tribe of Man (Adam means 'man') grew and prospered and then divided into two more tribes: Cain and Abel. The tribe of Cain (settlers) were furious when the tribe of Abel (shepherds) showed no control over their sheep and goats who in the way of such animals destroyed the Cain crops. War. It appears the tribe of Abel was massacred, and the bigger tribe, Adam, banished the tribe of Cain from the area. The tribe of Cain moved on, kept to their settlement ways and became known as the builder of cities.

Meanwhile, the tribe of Adam continued to prosper and once more divided, forming the tribe of Seth.

While individual men did not live hundreds of years, their tribes survived--and were apparently long-lived.

Other parts of early creation may have been divided into the creation of the physical realm and the beginning of our creation in the spiritual realm.

Hollie, it is fascinating stuff--or, at least I think so. I don't know the "reality" and it is not all that important to me. I like to dig for those bits that our ancient ancestors felt important to pass onto us. Even back then, lack of sexual discipline was an issue--and the reason they thought an issue worth mentioning, is because time after time, it was the indication of a failing tribe or society. Even then, there was something about big cities that did not quite mesh with smaller populations.

There is ever so much more. Have fun with it! There is a lot of information available. As there is no way of knowing for sure, we can all have different ideas, different "What ifs". In the end, I think we will discover what is true today and down through time, was true then.
I agree that the stories in the Bible are anectodal, fictional tales by a variety of someone(s) who had something to say. Your example of individuals being metaphors for tribes certainly fits the example of a narration being used to convey a general truth while not intended as factual reiteration. If we were to think of the Bible as an expanded version of Aesop's Fables for exampke, we're closer to a truth about the efficacy of the Bible, at least in my opinion. That does, however, leave us with a reckoning about the damage done to humanity considering that civilizations have brutalized their own over moral tales that were perverted by some to exploit the suffering of others,

Actually, it is a Bible amendment. As the Bibles make no statements about a sinless Mary, this is a recent amendment by the catholic church.
What is the nature of water? It is wet.
What is the nature of fullness of grace? No sin.

Tradition? Odd you would use that term. Trick or treating on Halloween is also a tradition.
Tradition. Christianity began three hundred years before the New Testament became Canon. Christianity had been ongoing for over twenty years before the first book in this Canon was written (1 Corinthians).

That does, however, leave us with a reckoning about the damage done to humanity considering that civilizations have brutalized their own over moral tales that were perverted by some to exploit the suffering of others,
Two prisoners look out through the bars. One sees the mud; one sees the stars. In your experience and knowledge, has any good come from the Bible?

What is the nature of water? It is wet.
What is the nature of fullness of grace? No sin.
Not an appropriate attempt at analogy.

The nature of water is hydrogen and oxygen. Simple, understandable, explainable. ''Fullness of grace'' is a religious abstraction that doesn't exist outside of Christianity.

''Fullness of grace'' is a religious abstraction that doesn't exist outside of Christianity.
Correct. But it does exist in Christianity, and we are speaking of a passage in a Christian book. The analogy holds.

Tradition. Christianity began three hundred years before the New Testament became Canon. Christianity had been ongoing for over twenty years before the first book in this Canon was written (1 Corinthians).
I believe Aesop's Fables pre-date Christianity.

Traditions are common in religions (many of which no longer exist), that pre-dated Christianity so I'm not sure why traditions are useful in gauging the efficacy of any religion. A good many people do take the position of allegorical interpretation of the Christian traditions and wouldn't pay literal interpretation of Genesis or the flood any attention at all if it weren't imposed on the debate by the incessant contributions of biblical literalists trying to 'prove' Christianity.

Correct. But it does exist in Christianity, and we are speaking of a passage in a Christian book. The analogy holds.
What also exists in Christianity is the recent concept of a sinless Mary that does not exist in a Christian book called the Bible.

Analogies are those comparisons that can mean whatever the claimant wants them to mean.

Two prisoners look out through the bars. One sees the mud; one sees the stars. In your experience and knowledge, has any good come from the Bible?
Sure, some good has come from the Bible and some good has probably come from competing religions. We also have to accept that irrational belief systems have compelled religious folks toward sliding swords into one another for thousands of years; burning at the stake those who don't agree with you, inventing the most gruesome means of inflicting pain, flying airplanes into buildings, etc.. All of this to prove that you, (collectively), and only you, represent the true god(s).

Right, faith;
:strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof:

Right, no proof. That’s what we’ve been saying all along.
EVERY TIME, one confesses to be someone of FAITH, they are literally confessing they believe unproven shit. Of course it takes faith to be scammed.
Disgusting

WHY MUST YOU HATE RELIGION?

Who HATES you?

What also exists in Christianity is the recent concept of a sinless Mary that does not exist in a Christian book called the Bible.

Analogies are those comparisons that can mean whatever the claimant wants them to mean.
In the Catholic Church
The Virgin Mary is without sin

Forum List

Back