Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

its the same thing, beliefs that there is a standard of behavior that all humans should adhere to is what religion is all about, call it whatever makes you happy, you cannot change what it is.
The standard doesn't come from any gods it comes from people.

No gods are needed for any society to realize that some behaviors are beneficial to the people of that society and some aren't

The standard doesn't come from any gods it comes from people.

No gods are needed for any society to realize that some behaviors are beneficial to the people of that society and some aren't
OK, but those standards of behavior are the basis of every religion. so which came first is the real question, and history tells the answer, both at relatively the same time. so are they different? that is up to individual interpretation and belief.

OK, but those standards of behavior are the basis of every religion. so which came first is the real question, and history tells the answer, both at relatively the same time. so are they different? that is up to individual interpretation and belief.
Men invented religion.

I thought you didn't believe in clergy. now you want to use them instead of a US court.
Not me Skippy

But if Religious nuts want to go to their clergy instead of the law, there is little I can do

not in violation of, or to supersede, US law. people may use their religious leader to make a deal to avoid using US law, but that does not replace US law.

Like the Catholic Church with child abuse
Parents would have it resolved by the Church instead of the law

Makes no sense…but it happened

The Commandments are guidance to a blessed, joyful life--the way to eternal life. What say you?

While forgiveness is ever there, Jesus taught repentance of the sin--the turning away from committing that sin. This brings us back to the first statement--the Commandments. God wants us to have a blessed, joyful life. Can one be truly happy being a prostitute or committing adultery? Or, are there better options?
And we will not know god’s plan until we die. Your question is immaterial. I may not be happy “ turning the other cheek, being a prostitute ” regardless It’s gods plan, not mine, right ? If I did everything based upon my happiness,why even have god. Putin is a regular church goer. He’s happy with assassinations, murder and theft. So any comment you make is refutable.

I am correct and you know it, you just cannot admit it that islam is trying to take over the world.

Nope. The Koran says that if a Muslim is living in a foreign country where the culture and laws are difficult for Muslims, they should leave.

The OP started this thread as if a drop in the percentage of those who believe in G-d is a good thing.

G-d tells us to do mitvot, give to charity, be kind, show compassion to animals, help care for the sick, honor our parents, don’t steal or bear false witness, and so much more.

you confuse the phony desert religions with the heavens - the percentage believing in the desert hopefully is far lower and heading to extinction.

the rebirth of the true polytheistic metaphysical origins of life would be so much more rewarding than - worshiping liars and murderers.

not in violation of, or to supersede, US law. people may use their religious leader to make a deal to avoid using US law, but that does not replace US law.

You are FOS. Sharia is limited to voluntary arbitration between Muslims in civil matters and they don't supercede Federal or State laws.

Where did you learn such BS?

Prove your own claims.

and as I have said many times I am not an atheist.

IF gods exist and I don't know if they do or not I do not believe the god of the bible is one of them.

IF gods were actually proven to exist I still would not worship them.
Exactly. It‘s hard enough making everyone happy here, let alone a god that says, “ you have to die before you fully understand, in the mean time, do what ever your church mandates.“ Sounds like a scam.

Exactly. It‘s hard enough making everyone happy here, let alone a god that says, “ you have to die before you fully understand, in the mean time, do what ever your church mandates.“ Sounds like a scam.
NOPE

It’s called FAITH

NOPE

It’s called FAITH
Right, faith;
:strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof:

Right, no proof. That’s what we’ve been saying all along.
EVERY TIME, one confesses to be someone of FAITH, they are literally confessing they believe unproven shit. Of course it takes faith to be scammed.

The Commandments are guidance to a blessed, joyful life--the way to eternal life. What say you?

While forgiveness is ever there, Jesus taught repentance of the sin--the turning away from committing that sin. This brings us back to the first statement--the Commandments. God wants us to have a blessed, joyful life. Can one be truly happy being a prostitute or committing adultery? Or, are there better options?
You’ve got it bad.

they were chosen by the heavens as examples for self determination the c bible scriptures are forgeries written by the crucifiers.

provide the tablets claimed to be etched in the heavens or remove the desert documents from actual to deliberate political subterfuge.

Prove your own claims.

and as I have said many times I am not an atheist.

IF gods exist and I don't know if they do or not I do not believe the god of the bible is one of them.

IF gods were actually proven to exist I still would not worship them.
Eventually, “ the gods” will tell us who to vote for. But of course, they‘ll speak to us through Hannity and Tucker, maybe the NRA.

Forum List

Back