Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

Justify the torture of Job.

THAT is YOUR god. THAT torture is your belief.

I choose to believe differently.
Job was a play, addressing the same question Harold Kushner addressed in 1981 (When Bad Things Happen to Good People). Job was written about 7 BCE.

There is disagreement whether Job was a single person, or whether the Character, Job, faced tragedies every day people faced in that day and age. The play addressed the age-old question of Why do bad things happen to good people? Can faith play a part when we go through bad times.

Question: Are you one of the minority who believe every word in the Bible should be taken literally? (The question of literally didn't truly surface until the 1800s, and even that minority (about 40%) were slipping away until the 1970s when Fundamentalists started beating that drum again. Today, only thirty percent say the Bible should be taken literally.

But, please explain how Noah loaded 2
  • Kangaroos
  • Koalas
  • Duck-Billed Platypus.
  • Wombats
  • Wallabys
  • Dingos
  • Emus; and
  • Tasmanian Devils
He didn't. You would have to ask someone who takes every word in the Bible literally if they have any surmises about this.

Your world requires belief in fiction.
It does not. The Bible (the word means library) consists of many literary forms: Myths, legends, folklore, Just-so stories, fables, history, law, biography.

Each account has a theme or a truth our ancestors wished to pass along. Those themes/truths are encapsulated in story form. There were no Encyclopedias or even newspapers in those days.

But you just go on doubting the truth you see with your own eyes
I don't doubt truth wherever it is found. I teach science. Therefore, I keep up with theories on how our universe--including our planet--may have been formed. Fascinating stuff, and besides when I teach science, it is good to be as up-to-date as possible, as students have good questions.

Religious faith has no grounds other than evidence provided by the numerous diffferent bible stories, and those have been discredited by modern science as well as proven lies contained in the bibles.

Mis-translations?

No attempt is being made with specific examples to uphold any of the weak evidence.

- so true the desert religions, and their sociopaths ...

not so the visible evidence of the spiritual content that guides physiology -

1656292974318.png

where the spiritual content transforms its physical, physiology from one type of being into a different one and is an example of the means for evolutionary change.

and all brought about from the heavens above ... metaphysical forces of the everlasting.

No, science doesn't have it wrong on the age of the earth.
And modern religion has moved on with science.

You're left with trying to translate thousands of years into billions of years. That's something you should do within the confines of your church only.

Don't ask the real world of science to accept religious superstitious beliefs.
Yes they do. The fact that some of you think everything changes at the same slow rate is not science. Large canyons have formed in a matter of hours. Not millions of years. There is a lot that isn't correct with science.

You mean people who don't believe...
the earth was created 6k years ago?
That humans and dinosaurs were on the earth at the same time?
That some guy loaded 2 of every animal including, obviously, Kangaroos, Polar Bears, Gila Monsters onto a boat

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

The stupid defending their stupidity by claiming people who refuse to accept their stupidity are stupid.
I don't mindlessly impose the gratuitous young-earth hermeneutic on the biblical text, dummy. You're unwittingly laughing at yourself.

Every single one of my reasons for not bellieving is based on scientific proof that Christianity is a fraud. Where to begin? The 6000 year old earth??
The 4.5 B year old Earth is based on evolution and radiometric dating erroneously done in 1956, but there is radiocarbon or C-14 still left in fossils as well as soft tissue which points to a young Earth.

There's no doubt that science and the bible can agree on insignificant facts. For instance, the sun comes up in the morning. Albeit it being true for different reasons.
Here's how science backs up the Bible. They're definitely not "insignificant."

We will ALL MEET OUR MAKER(S). You don't have to believe it for it to happen.

doubtful, their prescription to warrant judgement is to triumph, good vs evil - to stop sinning and die pure of heart.

also, their exemplar was murdered in the 1st century, their is culpability for everyone till the criminals are brought to justice - the desert religions.

I already met my maker.

My mother.

And I was better off without her
She was your physical maker. I am talking about our spiritual one who created the universe, Earth and everything in it. Once you die, then you'll know and experience Him. Once we all die, then we will know and experience Him.

Forum List

Back