Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

But also, the old earth believers have lots of things wrong as well.
No, science doesn't have it wrong on the age of the earth.
And modern religion has moved on with science.

You're left with trying to translate thousands of years into billions of years. That's something you should do within the confines of your church only.

Don't ask the real world of science to accept religious superstitious beliefs.

But let’s get real, it’s a social organization as everyone approaches death to let them know, they are not alone…….everyone dies.
Yes. That's what I've been saying. We will all meet our maker when we die. The believers welcome it while the atheists and sinners will find only...

pain_agony_hurt.jpg

It's the CONSEQUENCES.

Yes. That's what I've been saying. We will all meet our maker when we die. The believers welcome it while the atheists and sinners will find only...

View attachment 662520

It's the CONSEQUENCES.
I choose to not believe in any of the thousands of gods that have been created, for reasons we haven't even discussed yet.
I won't initiate any discussions but I'll respond to what I consider a learning experience for believers.

BB isn't cyclical. What it shows is the start of the spacetime, CMB, universe, Earth and everything in it as described in the Bible. It is proof of God and creation as science backs up what's described in the Bible.

for the desert religions ...

the issue is the ensuing journey of humanity, all living beings granted their unique spiritual content - set forth by the heavens - to control their own destiny in the creation they exist in.

from the beginning the task to free one's spirit as prescribed, the spoken religion of antiquity - the triumph of good vs evil - to be entitled judgement and their spiritual admission to the everlasting for however long they might survive. reaffirmed by the true parable of noah.

there is no messiah as there is no reason for one ...

what exactly are your, christian inquisitions and uninterrupted joy of persecuting and victimizing the innocent - for your made up religion written by the murderers of the heavenly chosen 1st century exemplar and the liberation theology, self determination they represented. bond.

for the desert religions ...

the issue is the ensuing journey of humanity, all living beings granted their unique spiritual content - set forth by the heavens - to control their own destiny in the creation they exist in.

from the beginning the task to free one's spirit as prescribed, the spoken religion of antiquity - the triumph of good vs evil - to be entitled judgement and their spiritual admission to the everlasting for however long they might survive. reaffirmed by the true parable of noah.

there is no messiah as there is no reason for one ...

what exactly are your, christian inquisitions and uninterrupted joy of persecuting and victimizing the innocent - for your made up religion written by the murderers of the heavenly chosen 1st century exemplar and the liberation theology, self determination they represented. bond.
Religious faith has no grounds other than evidence provided by the numerous diffferent bible stories, and those have been discredited by modern science as well as proven lies contained in the bibles.

Mis-translations?

No attempt is being made with specific examples to uphold any of the weak evidence.

View attachment 662520

It's the CONSEQUENCES.
Yes. Religious extremists (cross posting / spamming multiple threads with the same cut and paste nonsense), who are living under a burqa of fear and superstition create consequences for themselves.

A shallow reading of all on the list is meaningless and causes some to jump to conclusions the authors and people of the time would laugh at today. As Samuel Butler once noted, Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

Rabbis are fond of reminding students, Scripture is to be studied, not read. And that study takes a lifetime. Conclusions from eight-year-olds don't delve deep enough.

I choose to not believe in any of the thousands of gods that have been created, for reasons we haven't even discussed yet.
I won't initiate any discussions but I'll respond to what I consider a learning experience for believers.
What evidence do you have for your non-beliefs?

I have the Bible and science backs up the Bible.

Here's a couple quotes on the subject:

"Revelation 21:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”​

"Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."​

Anyway, what you choose not to respond to doesn't matter.

Yes. Religious extremists (cross posting / spamming multiple threads with the same cut and paste nonsense), who are living under a burqa of fear and superstition create consequences for themselves.
All I am doing is stating the warning that God gives. I know I am 100% RIGHT because the Holy Spirit has told me. It takes FAITH FIRST to know and understand the truth.

Obviously, we know you have ignored it. This has gone on for 64 pages now.

Last edited:
What evidence do you have for your non-beliefs?
Every single one of my reasons for not bellieving is based on scientific proof that Christianity is a fraud. Where to begin? The 6000 year old earth??
I have the Bible and science backs up the Bible.
There's no doubt that science and the bible can agree on insignificant facts. For instance, the sun comes up in the morning. Albeit it being true for different reasons.
Here's a couple quotes on the subject:

"Revelation 21:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”​

A lake in the sky that burns with fire and sulphur? (brimstone?)

"Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."​

When you're dead, you're dead.
Anyway, what you choose not to respond to doesn't matter.
I won't be responding to anymore fire and brimstone nonsense. Where science and the bible accidentally agree, has some potential. But it must be accompanied with respectable manners!

I am not questioning your faith, nor did I even insinuate you have lied, because it never crossed my mind that you did. All I have been pointing out is that an experience you had as an eight-year-old is not the experience of all eight-year-olds.

We took different approaches, you and I. It appears you had questions. I don't know how far you went with your studies, but it seems not far because your assessment of Noah's Ark is that it is about a pair of each kind of animal was put aboard an ark. Were you including penguins in this thought?

Everyone has questions, and finding the answers to my questions took years, decades of study--a study that included Biblical languages, cultures history, etc. I am also willing to bet I spent a lot more time studying the Inquisitions and the History of the Catholic Church.

Now, it is fair enough for you to decide that if a teacher couldn't even confidently address the questions eight-year-olds have about Noah, it is not the path you care to take. You may be good at making quick assessments. Despite your assessment, there is more to the Christian faith than incompetent, miffed teachers, and there is more to Noah's story than the animals on the ark. You chose not to stay around long enough in either Christianity or Judaism to discover more. That is fine. Just don't leave thinking that because you left thinking Noah was about the animals on an ark, that every other Christian and Jew who stuck with his/her faith has that same take you have about Noah.

Best wishes that your path with Buddhism brings you the peace you seek.
I am also willing to bet I spent a lot more time studying the Inquisitions and ...

- and howabout the desert religions uninterrupted transgressions from their beginnings, through each century to the present day ...

and would still use their bibles to convey "religious" beliefs ...

All I am doing is stating the warning that God gives. I know I am 100% RIGHT because the Holy Spirit has told me. It takes FAITH FIRST to know and understand the truth.

Obviously, we know you have ignored it. This has gone on for 64 pages now.
The gods never issued any warnings. That notwithstanding, they sure wouldn't need the help of an angry extremist on a message board.

If you have an issue with a specific post, let's discuss that post.
Start with this...
"If your assessment of Noah's story is two of all animals in a boat, I am guessing you put very little effort into Judaism either. "

I've been respectful but, if you want me to take monotheism down to the dirt, describe it's evils in detail, describe the lies and the punishments for not believing the lies, let's do so.

But if you want to let me go my way, after all, I did not address my initial response to you, respect my beliefs as I respect yours, then my best advice is to STFU.

A "religion" that would condemn billions to "hell" in worship of their "god," because those billions don't share the blind belief in the mythology despite leading what would be called "christian" lives , caring for the poor, being kind to others...is nothing to believe in.

A shallow reading of all on the list is meaningless and causes some to jump to conclusions the authors and people of the time would laugh at today. As Samuel Butler once noted, Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

Rabbis are fond of reminding students, Scripture is to be studied, not read. And that study takes a lifetime. Conclusions from eight-year-olds don't delve deep enough.
Justify the torture of Job.

THAT is YOUR god. THAT torture is your belief.

I choose to believe differently.

Oh, and conclusions from 8 year olds are not corrupted by years and years of indoctrination and punishment for asking reasonable questions. Children may not k now the answers but they can see the truth.

"If your assessment of Noah's story is two of all animals in a boat, I am guessing you put very little effort into Judaism either. "
Notice I said, "guess". You are more than welcome to explain how many years you have studied Judaism and how Judaism helped you to understand that the story is about two of all animals in a boat. That would be a different avenue than I took when studying Judaism, but I am more than willing to listen.

I've been respectful but, if you want me to take monotheism down to the dirt, describe it's evils in detail, describe the lies and the punishments for not believing the lies, let's do so.
Is the next paragraph you wrote after this an example of respect? ;)

No, I don't want either of us to "go down to the dirt." Not why I am here; never has been.

If you were interested in investigating deeper concepts included in Biblical accounts, I would cheerfully discuss that. Alternately, I would have been equally happy to hear you enthuse about Buddhism and where that has taken you.

A "religion" that would condemn billions to "hell" in worship of their "god," because those billions don't share the blind belief in the mythology despite leading what would be called "christian" lives , caring for the poor, being kind to others...is nothing to believe in.
Catholic teaching is that we do not know who--if anyone--is in hell. It is not anything with which we need to concern ourselves. I believe Orthodox Catholics say the same. Therefore, what is left are some minority Christian sects who do have a grave interest in hell.

Yes, I also enjoy puns.

Notice I said, "guess". You are more than welcome to explain how many years you have studied Judaism and how Judaism helped you to understand that the story is about two of all animals in a boat. That would be a different avenue than I took when studying Judaism, but I am more than willing to listen.
No, you're not.

But, please explain how Noah loaded 2
  • Kangaroos
  • Koalas
  • Duck-Billed Platypus.
  • Wombats
  • Wallabys
  • Dingos
  • Emus; and
  • Tasmanian Devils
Onto his boat in the Middle East then got them back to Australia after the flood.

My world is based on fact, not fiction. Your world requires belief in fiction. When the fiction of your beliefs is challenged you begin to degrade the challenger rather than answer the challenge.

I claimed to be Christian till my mid 20s but my belief in the religion died before I was 10.

No "God" created the universe.
No "God" created the heavens and the earth
No "God" created people
No "God" created animals

But you just go on doubting the truth you see with your own eyes in favor of myths because you're afraid you might not get into a place that doesn't exist.
I will do my best to understand the Truths, to stay on the path.
In the end, I will die knowing I've done my best for whatever comes next.
You will die in fear because you know your "God" is a vengeful capricious bastard who takes jpoy in torturing his followers and murdering his creation.

Forum List

Back