Being FORCED to stock up on essentials...

Those people wouldn't be needing TP right now if the prices had gone up as soon as the panic started.
You have no idea if that is true or not. You're just making stuff up. I see no need for any response to this

I actually do know this, because I'm using logic. You may have heard of it.

The more expensive an item is, the fewer of them people buy. Panic-buying 10 big packages of toilet paper at $8 apiece is one thing; panic-buying 10 packages at $16 apiece makes you stop and think, "Do I REALLY need to stock up on that many?"

You put a crimp in the initial store-clearing stampedes, everything calms down that much faster, the stores get a chance to restock shelves normally, everyone sees that the supply chain for TP is just fine, and the prices go back down.

I'm sure you "see no need for response to this", because you don't know enough about basic economics to make one.

Went to Food Lion today and everything was normal with food shelves fully stocked and the normal customer base for a Thursday except that the T.P. shelf was empty. I recall an incident where the old Johnny Carson show in 1973 crated a T.P. shortage with a comedy skit. As the late great Sonny Bono would say "the beat goes on".

LMFAO is that still normal today bahaa not that you'd tell the truth anyway if it isn't. Then have the nnerve to say " forced" unless of course I misunderstood your reasoning for saying that lol.

Those people wouldn't be needing TP right now if the prices had gone up as soon as the panic started.
You have no idea if that is true or not. You're just making stuff up. I see no need for any response to this

The more expensive an item is, the fewer of them people buy. Panic-buying 10 big packages of toilet paper at $8 apiece is one thing; panic-buying 10 packages at $16 apiece makes you stop and think, "Do I REALLY need to stock up on that many?"

You put a crimp in the initial store-clearing stampedes, everything calms down that much faster, the stores get a chance to restock shelves normally, everyone sees that the supply chain for TP is just fine, and the prices go back down.

I'm sure you "see no need for response to this", because you don't know enough about basic economics to make one.
That's just crazy enough to work! Let the price gouges do their thing and the laws of supply and demand set th we price for the product.

Oh, yeah, this crisis is TOTALLY negating the laws of supply and demand .
No dummy, that's not what I said. I said the calculus changes, in a time of crisis. For instance, people suddenly having demand for 6 months of toilet paper all at once. Duh.

Actually don't paint the stores as the unwitting victim here. How much sense does it make to put the overnight deliveries on the shelf for first thing in the morning, then let that get cleaned out and watch a stream of customers saunter in the rest of the day staring at empty shelves? What they should be doing is rationing from the back storeroom the same way their distributors are rationing their trucks. If a gaggle of no-lifes show up at the opening bell and clean off the shelves, let 'em go, then break out more stash at noon, or in the late afternoon. Give everybody a chance, shorten the immediate supply, throttle the panickers, actually have something for customers who didn't obsessively stay up all night just to ass-sure themselves of having TP in the year 2027, and everybody wins.

Hard to believe they haven't figured this out yet too.

That's just crazy enough to work! Let the price gouges do their thing and the laws of supply and demand set th we price for the product.

No, not the bastards who contribute to the whole problem by buying up shit people need from stores just to resell it at vastly inflated prices. THOSE pieces of shit should be prosecuted and put UNDER the jail.

Legitimate, licensed sellers, though, should be allowed to do what they need to do to keep supplies available for everyone.

Thomas Sowell tells a story of his family being forced to evacuate their house during a natural disaster and they moved to a motel. At the normal prices, his family would have taken two rooms to have a more comfortable amount of space. But because the motel was allowed at that time to raise prices as demand increased, they made the decision to make do with just one room. It was more cramped and inconvenient for them, but left a room available for another family. That's how basic economics works.

No dummy, that's not what I said. I said the calculus changes, in a time of crisis. For instance, people suddenly having demand for 6 months of toilet paper all at once. Duh.

No, the calculus doesn't change at all. People only have a "demand" for 6 months of toilet paper if the prices are artificially held down to normal levels. If they're allowed to increase according to the demand, then people discover they don't really need 6 months worth of toilet paper after all.

Duh.

No, the calculus doesn't change at all. People only have a "demand" for 6 months of toilet paper if the prices are artificially held down to normal levels. If they're allowed to increase according to the demand, then people discover they don't really need 6 months worth of toilet paper after all.

Duh.
the only reason a person doesnt need TP is because they are dead,,and is why I keep a two yrs supply at all times,,,

Duh.
the only reason a person doesnt need TP is because they are dead,,and is why I keep a two yrs supply at all times,,,
When the shit hits the fan, the government will come knocking on you door and confiscate your stash. When you resist they will shoot you. It happens EVERY time.

Duh.
When the shit hits the fan, the government will come knocking on you door and confiscate your stash. When you resist they will shoot you. It happens EVERY time.

by everytime before you mean its never happened,,,

20200320_094241.jpg
20200320_093925.jpg

Insane
Vegetables & Meat sold out

Duh.

Sorry, let me clarify: they discover they don't need to buy 6 months worth all at once when the price goes up.

I just came back from my local Chinese market. They are fully stocked.
One of the local Asian food stores near me has been completely bought out and the major grocery store in my town says it's going to close its doors in 2 weeks so that leaves the Super Walmart and one other really small grocery store this might just suck really bad

Duh.

by everytime before you mean its never happened,,,

In 1958, Chinese communist cadre descended into farmers’ homes on an official government mission: to confiscate food supplies and cooking equipment, and destroy private kitchens. Officially, the communist government demonized private kitchens as “symbols of selfishness.” But for Chinese farmers, this meant that the ubiquity of cooking and eating meals at home suddenly became illegal.

The Mandatory Canteens of Communist China

Forum List

Back