Beads, Bands…And Marine Life Abnormalities

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Beads, Bands…And BP Oil

2014-03-02
Farron Cousins

<snip>

On Thursday of last week, workers on Pensacola Beach, Florida spotted and brought to shore a 1,200 pound oil tar mat, which officials say accounted for about 90% of the total size of the mat. While the bulk of the mat was a mixture of sand and other debris, scientists ran tests and were quickly able to determine that the oil in the mat was a perfect match for the oil released into the Gulf of Mexico during the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil disaster, as the Pensacola News Journal explains:...

<snip>

The public was grossly misled about what it actually means for oil to “dissolve.” It may not be visible to the eye, but dissolved oil remains in the water – just as sugar “dissolves” in coffee; the chemicals are still there, just not in the concentration or consistency that they were before.

Proof of this dissolution is evident in the marine life abnormalities that are creeping up in the Gulf of Mexico, even in areas in South Florida that were unaffected by the spill.

Gizmodo posted a list of some of the major deformities that were discovered during an Al Jazeera investigation, all of which are attributable to BP’s oil:

Shrimp with tumors on their heads
Shrimp with defects on their gills and "shells missing around their gills and head"
Shrimp without eyes
Shrimp with babies still attached to them
Eyeless fish
Fish without eye-sockets
Fish without covers on their gills
Fish with large pink masses hanging off their eyes and gills
Crates of blue crabs, all of which were lacking at least one claw
Crabs with holes in their shells
Crabs with shells that have no spikes or claws or misshapen claws
Crabs that are dying from within

That’s just what’s happening to marine life. The workers, and sometimes residents, along the Gulf Coast who were inhaling the toxic mix of oil and Corexit for months have been reporting what is only described as “mystery respiratory illnesses.”

The irony of the timing is that Louisiana, Alabama and Florida have been spending some of the $57 million tourism promotion fund from BP to help attract visitors to the South during the Mardi Gras celebrations. I guess this latest tar mat is proof that millions of dollars can’t hide the truth.

Wonder why Al Jazeera would be stirring the pot about the dangers of oil production..

Don't you?

Nope. Star is a devout propagandist. Thinking for himself is anathema.

OK, assholes, are these abnormalties not happening? If so, point out the articles supporting that.

Really GoldiRocks.. When are you gonna get how this works????????
We dont go fetchin every mugwhump you conjure up.. You box one up and we tell ya what ya got... Should I have checked my giant gulf shrimp for babies b4 they became dinner tonight?

"Crabs with holes in their shells are fairly common on the Atlantic coast. Im gonna GUESS its largely panic and smear.....

Wonder why Al Jazeera would be stirring the pot about the dangers of oil production..

Don't you?

If fox newstainment is your primary source of news, it's more than likely that reporting news instead of listening to the latest Republican ODS talking points over and over and... is an alien concept for you but-----but most organizations that call themselves news organizations, that don't fall under the Murdoch umbrella, actually report stuff other than the latest Republican ODS talking points - imagine that!

It's a good thing wind turbines aren't making people sick, causing testicular damage, lowering men's sperm counts and destroying the Gulf's multi-million dollar seafood industry cuz the rightwing media would be outraged...?

Don't you?

If fox newstainment is your primary source of news, it's more than likely that reporting news instead of listening to the latest Republican ODS talking points over and over and... is an alien concept for you but-----but most organizations that call themselves news organizations, that don't fall under the Murdoch umbrella, actually report stuff other than the latest Republican ODS talking points - imagine that!

It's a good thing wind turbines aren't making people sick, causing testicular damage, lowering men's sperm counts and destroying the Gulf's multi-million dollar seafood industry cuz the rightwing media would be outraged...?

I actually read journals. Both political and scientific.. From ALL sides of the spectrum.. Which is why I don't take the bait for these advocacy journalism frauds that you thrive on.

And wind turbines ARE making folks ill. From shadowing and noise.. Because people were lied to about how pleasant and benign it was to have one in your backyard.. Largely people who must have the same reading list as you..

Wind turbines will not light your appliances or run your car reliability and steadily. Fossil fuel does that.. Just checked out my winder.. No wind at all.. Gotta log off til something blows..

Seriously STar.. I promised to be outraged and appalled if you provide a bio survey DETAILING an increase in these alledged illnesses. I'm SURE that a LOT OF MONEY went to continuous monitoring of seafood quality for the Gulf.. Go get us one of those... (Or maybe you don't trust Govt sponsored science????)

Forum List

Back