Be honest... do you answer your phone if you don't recognize the number?

The reason for this question is this statistic from Fox News latest Trump/Biden poll.
Interviews were conducted July 18-20, 2020 among a random sample of 756 Michigan voters
contacted on landlines (198) and cellphones (558).
So how many of you truly answer your phone if you don't know the number?
No land line here; but I often do answer. And I drag them out for as long as I can, with the most absurd shit I can conjure at the moment...

The reason for this question is this statistic from Fox News latest Trump/Biden poll.
Interviews were conducted July 18-20, 2020 among a random sample of 756 Michigan voters
thats possibly one of the dumbest things to do I can think of,,,

what if its the hospital calling to tell you your child or family member is dying and you need to get there quick to say goodbye???
or many other similar scenarios,,,
The caller id for a hospital will show the name, or when the pd calls you, it will show its name.
maybe,,,maybe not,,,
Most likely, yes. If they don’t, then they can leave a message.

Michigan was especially off in 2016. And we're only in July folks.

Fox 2 Detroit/Mitchell Poll[144]October 18, 2016Hillary Clinton53%Donald Trump41%

Fox 2 Detroit/Mitchell Poll[142]October 23, 2016Hillary Clinton51%Donald Trump43%

Michigan State University[139]September 1 – October 30, 2016Hillary Clinton52%Donald Trump32%
^^^ WOW

As others have said, if the id is not recognized, they can just leave a voicemail. If I see a pollster calling? Don’t answer. They have no right to know my opinions.
Not only that, but what guarantee do you or I or anyone else have that the pollster is going to truthfully record your opinion?

Answer: NONE.

Obviously we know they LIE.

Recently, most of the polls have even quit giving the numbers of how many in each party they poll. There is a reason for that.

As others have said, if the id is not recognized, they can just leave a voicemail. If I see a pollster calling? Don’t answer. They have no right to know my opinions.
Not only that, but what guarantee do you or I or anyone else have that the pollster is going to truthfully record your opinion?

I just say 'we don't share that information.'

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

With all the modern-day mind warping in Academia (and all polls are done by academics) it's not inconcievable that they are under instructions to falsely report their findings for the sake of "equity/social justice", or to over-represent minorities to "give Black people a voice" or other such nonsense.

Personally I don't think they are lying. Their polling methodology stinks when it comes to Trump. It's a kind of phenomenon.

Bottom line is don't let polls demoralize you! Its just another aspect of fake news, seeing as all the polls are done by the same fake news monoliths who pushing the Russia myth and then the Ukraine myth and they were dead serious about it.

At this point their war plan is: "fabricate huge poll leads for Biden to try and demoralize Trump supporters because we must stop Trump at ALL costs!! Black Lives Matter!!!"

P.S. FOX news is part of the Leftist MSM, don't get any other ideas.

With all the modern-day mind warping in Academia (and all polls are done by academics) it's not inconcievable that they are under instructions to falsely report their findings for the sake of "equity/social justice", or to over-represent minorities to "give Black people a voice" or other such nonsense.

Personally I don't think they are lying. Their polling methodology stinks when it comes to Trump. It's a kind of phenomenon.

Bottom line is don't let polls demoralize you! Its just another aspect of fake news, seeing as all the polls are done by the same fake news monoliths who pushing the Russia myth and then the Ukraine myth and they were dead serious about it.

At this point their war plan is: "fabricate huge poll leads for Biden to try and demoralize Trump supporters because we must stop Trump at ALL costs!! Black Lives Matter!!!"

Well, I respectfully disagree, because I do think they lie. If they don't get enough of the type of answers they want, they just report whatever they desire. The reason is two fold, one, to fire up their own base into believing they're winning and they're the majority, and two, to demoralize their opposition.

Most polls are nothing more than an extension of the democrat propaganda wing, and the number of times they've all been caught lying is staggering. Democrats have demonstrated over and over that they have no compulsion what so ever about lying.

Last edited:

Good point!

What you said above can be illustrated by this common question that shows the bias..."Have you stopped beating your wife"?
If you say yes to that question that means you have beaten your wife... If you say no... again!
Same goes for this illustration of Google search results: "Trump is anti-immigrant"... 76,500 results...
And Trump is though "Trump Anti illegal-immigrant" only 2,160 results.
Which again helps build people like me support for Trump in that 50 million+ people like me are either relatives of or ARE
"LEGAL" immigrants! So why would we be "ANTI-immigrant"? We like 50 million of us ARE anti ILLEGAL immigration because
I like millions with relatives have seen the hard work, money outlay and time spent by my relatives to become an American citizen!

/----/ Why do you assume we would answer your question dishonestly? How does one untruly answer the phone?

Forum List

Back