Be honest... do you answer your phone if you don't recognize the number?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Last edited:
The ringer is off. I tell friends/businesses to leave a message. If I'm near the phone I will answer when I hear them, if not I will call back.

All others go unanswered.

The reason for this question is this statistic from Fox News latest Trump/Biden poll.
Interviews were conducted July 18-20, 2020 among a random sample of 756 Michigan voters
contacted on landlines (198) and cellphones (558).
So how many of you truly answer your phone if you don't know the number?
thats possibly one of the dumbest things to do I can think of,,,

what if its the hospital calling to tell you your child or family member is dying and you need to get there quick to say goodbye???
or many other similar scenarios,,,

The reason for this question is this statistic from Fox News latest Trump/Biden poll.
Interviews were conducted July 18-20, 2020 among a random sample of 756 Michigan voters

what if its the hospital calling to tell you your child or family member is dying and you need to get there quick to say goodbye???
They can leave a voicemail if it's important...

If not, they don't get through....

They can leave a voicemail if it's important...

If not, they don't get through....
important to who???

its not important to them you say goodbye to a loved one,,,

Okay, I give up. Where do I find the caller's number on my landline?

1595598737567.png

The caller id for a hospital will show the name, or when the pd calls you, it will show its name.

The caller id for a hospital will show the name, or when the pd calls you, it will show its name.
maybe,,,maybe not,,,

Nope, don't pick-up unrecognized number. And definitely don't participate and would never participate in any type of poll. Who the hell are these people that have nothing better to do other than take a poll.

As others have said, if the id is not recognized, they can just leave a voicemail. If I see a pollster calling? Don’t answer. They have no right to know my opinions.

Forum List

Back