Be careful what you ask for. What if Trump won the 2020 election.

meaner gene

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2017
Right now republicans insist there was massive voter fraud, with invalid ballots being cast for Biden. And that Trump was the true winner of the 2020 election. And the current claim/wish is that the audits will provide un-controvertible evidence of the true winner in 2020.

As I said, be careful what you wish for, because if you go with that, then the 22nd amendment would apply for 2024.

22nd: No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice

Notice it puts a limit on the number of times someone can be elected, not the number of times someone attains the office by other means. So if Trump was elected in 2016 and 2020, then the constitution bars his election in 2024.

Right now republicans insist there was massive voter fraud, with invalid ballots being cast for Biden. And that Trump was the true winner of the 2020 election. And the current claim/wish is that the audits will provide un-controvertible evidence of the true winner in 2020.

As I said, be careful what you wish for, because if you go with that, then the 22nd amendment would apply for 2024.

Notice it puts a limit on the number of times someone can be elected, not the number of times someone attains the office by other means. So if Trump was elected in 2016 and 2020, then the constitution bars his election in 2024.
Providence denied Trump the election to glaringly show the cancer. Once we figure out the treatment, we'll cut it out and rid ourselves of it

Providence denied Trump the election to glaringly show the cancer. Once we figure out the treatment, we'll cut it out and rid ourselves of it
The problem is if Trump won the election of 2020, but by a fraudulent mechanism was not sworn into office, that doesn't change the prohibition of the 22nd from baring him getting elected a third time.

your TDS has gone terminal,,,

If you insist Trump was elected in 2020, you have to admit the 22nd amendment would prevent that happening a third time.

sounds like somebody is getting a little nervous .
Actually it's a legal dilemma. If Trump insists he won in 2020, then the constitution precludes being elected in 2024.
If Trump admits he lost in 2020, then he is eligible to run in 2024.

Almost like a catch-22.

If you insist Trump was elected in 2020, you have to admit the 22nd amendment would prevent that happening a third time.
I didnt insist anything of the sort,,

please seek help.. your friends are worried about you,,

I was reading through the constitution, which I do from time to time just to read it from the frame of current events. And the 22nd had sudden importance.

I was reading through the constitution, which I do from time to time just to read it from the frame of current events. And the 22nd had sudden importance.
I would say it causes a bigger problem for biden and all the things hes signed,,

I would say it causes a bigger problem for biden and all the things hes signed,,
Actually federal law lays that problem to rest. It actually says that if through the order of succession, someone is sworn into the office who they later find was done so in error, the error legally stands, and can not be overturned.

Actually federal law lays that problem to rest. It actually says that if through the order of succession, someone is sworn into the office who they later find was done so in error, the error legally stands, and can not be overturned.
and which law is that?? and how does it apply to POTUS??

The federal law of presidential succession.

The United States Presidential Succession Act is a federal statute establishing the presidential line of succession.[1] Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the United States Constitution authorizes Congress to enact such a statute:

The federal law of presidential succession.

The United States Presidential Succession Act is a federal statute establishing the presidential line of succession.[1] Article II, Section 1, Clause 6 of the United States Constitution authorizes Congress to enact such a statute:
it would help if it were a link with the proper section,,

but it really sounds like youre scared biden didnt really win and are making excuses based on your TDS,,,

it would help if it were a link with the proper section,,

but it really sounds like youre scared biden didnt really win and are making excuses based on your TDS,,,

61 Stat. 380 (Pub. Law 80-199)
AN ACT To provide for the performance of the duties of the office of President in case of the removal, resignation, death, or inability both of the President and Vice President
not sure how that matters since it was certified biden won,,

guess we will just have to wait and see what happens,,

not sure how that matters since it was certified biden won,,

guess we will just have to wait and see what happens,,

From the act:

An individual acting as President under this subsection shall continue so to do until the expiration of the then current Presidential term, but not after a qualified and prior-entitled individual is able to act, except that the removal of the disability of an individual higher
on the list contained in paragraph (1) or the ability to qualify on the part of an individual higher on such list shall not terminate his service .

This translates to once a person is selected acting president out of order, the error can't be corrected.

Forum List

Back