Barr Senate Committee Meeting Notes.....

“I am not going to do anything I think is wrong and I’m not going to be bullied into doing anything I think is wrong,” he said.

Barr’s assurance that he doesn’t consider Mueller’s probe a “witch hunt” came in response to this question by Graham: “Do you believe Mr. Mueller would be involved in a witch hunt against anybody?”

Barr responded: “I don’t believe Mr. Mueller would be involved in a witch hunt.”
...and, again, here Mueller is running one.

SIDE NOTE: Even if he does think Mueller is doing just that, did you really think Barr was going to say, 'Hell yeah, it's obvious this is a Conspiracy'?

Bwuhahahaha.......

I give Barr 6 months max
That is a lifetime under Trump
I smell a rat though. Why does Barr want the job? And there's no doubt he basically lobbied for it with that letter of his that he pondered making an op ed.

He was with GTE till their hard days, but he's now with the world's biggest law firm Kirkland and Ellis. He can't need the job. He's already got AG on his resume and donated 50K to JEB in 16.

Barr’s assurance that he doesn’t consider Mueller’s probe a “witch hunt” came in response to this question by Graham: “Do you believe Mr. Mueller would be involved in a witch hunt against anybody?”

Barr responded: “I don’t believe Mr. Mueller would be involved in a witch hunt.”
...and, again, here Mueller is running one.

SIDE NOTE: Even if he does think Mueller is doing just that, did you really think Barr was going to say, 'Hell yeah, it's obvious this is a Conspiracy'?

Bwuhahahaha.......

pull down your drawers and go stick your ass in the freezer - yanno, numb down your butt hurt ...

pull down your drawers and go stick your ass in the freezer - yanno, numb down your butt hurt ...
Nice personal attack, snowflake....So I take it by your moronic response that you actually thought Barr would respond by thinking Mueller's investigation WAS / IS a Witch Hunt?! :p

I give Barr 6 months max
That is a lifetime under Trump
I smell a rat though. Why does Barr want the job? And there's no doubt he basically lobbied for it with that letter of his that he pondered making an op ed.

He was with GTE till their hard days, but he's now with the world's biggest law firm Kirkland and Ellis. He can't need the job. He's already got AG on his resume and donated 50K to JEB in 16.
What's he got to lose?

He allows Mueller to finish.
Mueller's only option, finding no evidence, is a scathing partisan / political report.
He doesn't have to do anything.
He doesn't even have to call for Special Counsel on exposed Democrat Crimes / FBI corruption
He has US AG on his resume....

Barr is Deep State. Why the fuck President Trump would nominate him needs to be explained. The democrats are pretending to be outraged, instead of asking Barr if "Bulk Collection" ever netted anyone of significance or prevented a terrorist attack...

In 1992, in the last months of Bush's administration, Attorney General William Barr and his chief criminal prosecutor, Robert Mueller, gave the DEA permission to collect a much larger set of phone data to feed into that intelligence operation.

Instead of simply asking phone companies for records about calls made by people suspected of drug crimes, the Justice Department began ordering telephone companies to turn over lists of all phone calls from the USA to countries where the government determined drug traffickers operated, current and former officials said.

Barr and Mueller declined to comment, as did Barr's deputy, George Terwilliger III, though Terwilliger said, "It has been apparent for a long time in both the law enforcement and intelligence worlds that there is a tremendous value and need to collect certain metadata to support legitimate investigations."

The data collection was known within the agency as USTO (a play on the fact that it tracked calls from the U.S. to other countries).

The DEA obtained those records using administrative subpoenas that allow the agency to collect records "relevant or material to" federal drug investigations. Officials acknowledged it was an expansive interpretation of that authority but one that was not likely to be challenged because unlike search warrants, DEA subpoenas do not require a judge's approval. "We knew we were stretching the definition," a former official involved in the process said.

Officials said a few telephone companies were reluctant to provide so much information, but none challenged the subpoenas in court. Those that hesitated received letters from the Justice Department urging them to comply.

From USA Today...

Conservative republicans don't really care about embassy attacks like Benghazi....they just like weaponizing them to attack their opponents.
When asked why she and the State Department had denied US Ambassador Stevens' more than 40 requests for additional security, even after 2 terrorists attacks - the last one before the final attack leaving a 4-foot hole in the compound wall, Hillary LAUGHED while under oath before Congress, despite the hearing being about the needless death of 4 Americans, despite her and the State Department's refusal to provide additional security after more than 40 requests which definitely contributed to the 4 Americans deaths.

Hillary laughed and stated she thought the more than 40 requests for additional security was 'a joke' - 'part of Stephens' sense of humor'....

So what was that bullshit you were just spewing...?

Who keeps claiming that the revealed needless deaths of 4 Americans is 'nothing'? Oh yeah, that would be snowflakes like you.

Barr is Deep State. Why the fuck President Trump would nominate him needs to be explained. The democrats are pretending to be outraged, instead of asking Barr if "Bulk Collection" ever netted anyone of significance or prevented a terrorist attack...

In 1992, in the last months of Bush's administration, Attorney General William Barr and his chief criminal prosecutor, Robert Mueller, gave the DEA permission to collect a much larger set of phone data to feed into that intelligence operation.

Instead of simply asking phone companies for records about calls made by people suspected of drug crimes, the Justice Department began ordering telephone companies to turn over lists of all phone calls from the USA to countries where the government determined drug traffickers operated, current and former officials said.

Barr and Mueller declined to comment, as did Barr's deputy, George Terwilliger III, though Terwilliger said, "It has been apparent for a long time in both the law enforcement and intelligence worlds that there is a tremendous value and need to collect certain metadata to support legitimate investigations."

The data collection was known within the agency as USTO (a play on the fact that it tracked calls from the U.S. to other countries).

The DEA obtained those records using administrative subpoenas that allow the agency to collect records "relevant or material to" federal drug investigations. Officials acknowledged it was an expansive interpretation of that authority but one that was not likely to be challenged because unlike search warrants, DEA subpoenas do not require a judge's approval. "We knew we were stretching the definition," a former official involved in the process said.

Officials said a few telephone companies were reluctant to provide so much information, but none challenged the subpoenas in court. Those that hesitated received letters from the Justice Department urging them to comply.

From USA Today...
Perhaps after years of corrupt assholes like the Clintons, Obamas, Reids, Pelosis, Brennans, Clappers, Holders, Comey's, etc there is nothing but 'Deep State' to choose from....

Forum List

Back