CDZ Barack Obama...Greatest President of Modern times

Far from it

Carter is a Nobel Prize winner and known for his humanity and negotiating skills
The prestige that comes with a Nobel Prize is all but gone, completely dissolved when they awarded it to Obama (and for what? What he said he would do?), calling into question all "winners". As for Carters "great negotiating skills"... If I remember my history lessons correctly, Iran released the hostages just days after Reagan was inaugurated, with no publicized negotiations. Carters "humanity"? If working with Habitat for Humanity counts, then yes, he is a Humanitarian. But, that was only after he left office, therefore is irrelevent to the discussion.

Carter ignored the war hawks demanding invasion and got the hostages home without a loss of life

It was his greatest accomplishment but cost him the presidency
Interesting that you give Carter credit, when the hostages were released when he left office. He had 444 days in which to negotiate their release, before he left office.

I stand corrected, in my previous post, they where released on Reagan's inaugural day. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Things that make you go: "huuummmm....."

Carter negiated their release
They were released hours after Reagan took the oath

Other than a last slap by Iran at Carter, the release had nothing to do with Reagan

Last edited:
Far from it

Carter is a Nobel Prize winner and known for his humanity and negotiating skills
The prestige that comes with a Nobel Prize is all but gone, completely dissolved when they awarded it to Obama (and for what? What he said he would do?), calling into question all "winners". As for Carters "great negotiating skills"... If I remember my history lessons correctly, Iran released the hostages just days after Reagan was inaugurated, with no publicized negotiations. Carters "humanity"? If working with Habitat for Humanity counts, then yes, he is a Humanitarian. But, that was only after he left office, therefore is irrelevent to the discussion.

Carter ignored the war hawks demanding invasion and got the hostages home without a loss of life

Interesting that you give Carter credit, when the hostages were released when he left office. He had 444 days in which to negotiate their release, before he left office.

I stand corrected, in my previous post, they where released on Reagan's inaugural day. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Things that make you go: "huuummmm....."

Other than a last slap by Iran at Carter, the release had nothing to do with Reagan
True that Carter "negotiated" their release. The deal included over $7 Billion in gold. So, I guess it would be fair to say that Carter effectivly bought their release. Lets see 52 hostages was it? so $7billion divided by 52 US citizens is $134.62 Million (roughly) each. So I guess that was the going rate for a US citizen at that time... Gee, I guess maybe we need that kind of "negotiation" now. Maybe we can just buy our way out of being attacked again.

Far from it

True that Carter "negotiated" their release. The deal included over $7 Billion in gold. So, I guess it would be fair to say that Carter effectivly bought their release. Lets see 52 hostages was it? so $7billion divided by 52 US citizens is $134.62 Million (roughly) each. So I guess that was the going rate for a US citizen at that time... Gee, I guess maybe we need that kind of "negotiation" now. Maybe we can just buy our way out of being attacked again.

Why do you intentionally lie?
The $7.9 billion was a release of Iranian funds that had previously been frozen by the US

And Reagan traded arms for hostages..

Last edited:

The $7.9 billion was a release of Iranian funds that had previously been frozen by the US

No, but maybe you do. Only about half was frozen assets.
And I never said Reagan was a saint. He did several things, including Iran-Contra, that I would have opposed had I been more aware of what was going on at the time. I am not the one claiming that this President or that President was great at this or great at that. That would be you, I am simply refuting your claims.

If you wish we could engage in a discussion of the failings of any President, however, you put forth the idea that Carter is known for his negotiating and humanitarianism. I put forth arguments against such claims.

And I never said Reagan was a saint. He did several things, including Iran-Contra, that I would have opposed had I been more aware of what was going on at the time. I am not the one claiming that this President or that President was great at this or great at that. That would be you, I am simply refuting your claims.

If you wish we could engage in a discussion of the failings of any President, however, you put forth the idea that Carter is known for his negotiating and humanitarianism. I put forth arguments against such claims.

Why did you lie and not mention were giving Iran back its own money?

Far from it

Had Carter been re-elected, they would have not been released.

They knew what was coming. Reagan would not have given them anything except a Rockeye up the rear.

A slight, but important oversight. I apologize.

Now it's your turn, why did you lie and not metion that most was not their money?

A slight, but important oversight. I apologize.

Now it's your turn, why did you lie and not metion that most was not their money?

I have not seen any source that says the $7.9 billion was anything but a release of frozen Iranian assets

Far from it

They knew what was coming. Reagan would not have given them anything except a Rockeye up the rear.

Please brush up on your history

Reagan traded arms for the release of hostages

Please brush up on your history

Reagan traded arms for the release of hostages
Never said he didn't. I stand corrected, upon further reading, I must have misread the information. I concede the point.

In Obama's last day as President, it is clear that he is the greatest modern President (post war)

If anyone disagrees....you must name a President with more accomplishments

Go

In Obama's last day as President, it is clear that he is the greatest modern President (post war)

Go
How about NOT arming/training terrorists?
How about NOT bombing the Syrian army despite a ceasefire?
How about NOT "accidently" dropping ISIS weapon caches a couple times?
How about NOT bombing 7 countries?
How about NOT droning to death American children?
How many presidents have done that?

Go

FAIL

Name a modern President and specific accomplishments better than Obama's

Go

FAIL

Name a modern President and specific accomplishments better than Obama's
Not doing those things ARE accomplishments, you damn fool.

President Obama's accomplishments

1. Stopped a depression
2. Saved the auto and financial sectors
4. added 11 million jobs during his Presidency
5 Killed Bin Laden and hundreds of other terrorist leaders
6. Passed Obamacare
7, Expanded gay rights
8. Recognition of Cuba
9. Iran nuclear deal

OK Conservatives....before you can attack Obama, you need to provide the accomplishments of a modern (post WWII) president who accomplished more

Shouldn't we be arguing who is worse?...much more realistic argument

Yet another fail

I'm not really surprised. After eight years of declaring Obama to be our worst President, conservatives are unable to name a modern President with more accomplishments than Obama

Go

What did he accomplish?

Putting grown men in little girls bathrooms?

Not protecting her?

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-19_10-12-39.jpeg
    upload_2017-1-19_10-12-39.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 11

Go

What did he accomplish?

Putting grown men in little girls bathrooms?

Not protecting her?

As another Conservative crashes and burns
This is getting ugly

What can be so hard about naming a President who accomplished more than Obama?

Reagan.....forced the collapse of the evil Soviet Union, gave us the longests sustained economic growth, and made America the great country it used to be before carter took over.

Forum List

Back