CDZ Barack Obama...Greatest President of Modern times

Is there another president that is worse? He's definitely worse than Carter even, however during Carter's time the leftist dominated media wasn't a well oiled propaganda machine and an arm of the Democratic party.

Carter kept us out of war, got Iran hostages freed and created more jobs than Bush and Reagan COMBINED.

Is there another president that is worse? He's definitely worse than Carter even, however during Carter's time the leftist dominated media wasn't a well oiled propaganda machine and an arm of the Democratic party.

I will agree with your assessment of the press.

Clinton was a master at working the press....

Both sides do it.

Clinton was and is a master. But he actually did accomplish something, a period of great prosperity, growth, and security. He actually lifted the middle class, poor and blacks to great heights. And, while Clinton was a moderate who not only attracted many republicans, he was successful because he kept the radicals in his own party at bay in order to do what is best for the country. As did Reagan. This asshole we have in office now is more radical than most of the leftist radicals in his party. Plus, Clinton was a likable, down to earth person that everybody related to. His shortcoming was that he was a sexual pervert who's dick controlled his mind. Who cares. Obama is a cocky, arrogant asshole full of himself and his warped ideology.

And Hillary is no Bill. She's probably more radical than even Obama.

Hope that clears things up.

Carter kept us out of war, got Iran hostages freed and created more jobs than Bush and Reagan COMBINED.
Ha ha ha. Nobody who actually lived during the Carter years will ever say that. Come back to earth. Carter is the syphilis of the democrat party. He's never asked to give speeches in conventions, and nobody wants to be seen sitting next to him.

Obama took over a market that was in a panic
Investors were bailing and driving up the gold market. One of the first thing Obama did was make it clear that the US Governement would stand behind the banks....the banks would not fail
He also had the government put money into the economy when everyone else was pulling out

The panic subsided and the market recovered

Yeah, it recovered. It got back to where it had been eventually.

You dodged that entire point. Obama didn't take it to new heights.

If he had kept his mouth shut, it might have gotten there faster.

Markets nearly tripled (from previous highs) under Reagan and Clinton.

With Obama, we've gotten 30%. Big whoop.

The market has nearly tripled from its low of 6700
Yes, that is a big whoop

He got a market that has already been at 14,000.

It was going there anyway. Already been pointed out...or would you like to review market performance in the past 50 years ?

So, get's no credit for something that was going to happen anyway.

30% growth...pathetic.

1/10th of Clinton.

Obama is worse than sucks.

If we use RW approach, Reagan moved the market 500%. He gets credit for the overall rise plus the recovery that happened after Black Tuesday. That drop which saw the market drop 35% was erased in six months. Obama took how many YEARS to get back what was already there ?

He's been a disaster.

He was worse that Bush II on the market overall.

Like most things Obama...
Republicans claim...it would have happened anyway

No, it wouldn't have happened. What would have happened if Obama did not stand behind the market, put money into the economy and save the banks and auto companies is we would have seen a full scale depression
20% unemployment and a useless dollar

This, in spite of the FACT it was Repubs who brought the entire world to the brink of total financial ruin.

Obama has made some amazing accomplishments. The RWNJs all benefit from his hard work but that doesn't stop them from lying about him.

What lies are those ?

I am not of the right wing.

I can't stand Obama.

What is it that makes him so great.

The little fairy tale you repeated ?

We might be stronger financially if Obama had not stepped in. Corrections require pain. We've just been set up to experience it at a later date and Obama is responsible for preserving the 1% on several fronts with his actions.

That is really amazing if screwing things up is amazing.

Well,

It's good to see that we've debunked, again, any notion that President Obama belongs anywhere but in the lowest quintile of presidents when rated on just about any scale.

Certainly, he competes for the bottom if we are only talking about the last ten.

Obama took over a market that was in a panic
Investors were bailing and driving up the gold market. One of the first thing Obama did was make it clear that the US Governement would stand behind the banks....the banks would not fail
He also had the government put money into the economy when everyone else was pulling out

The panic subsided and the market recovered

Yes, that is a big whoop

It was going there anyway. Already been pointed out...or would you like to review market performance in the past 50 years ?

30% growth...pathetic.

1/10th of Clinton.

If we use RW approach, Reagan moved the market 500%. He gets credit for the overall rise plus the recovery that happened after Black Tuesday. That drop which saw the market drop 35% was erased in six months. Obama took how many YEARS to get back what was already there ?

He's been a disaster.

No, it wouldn't have happened. What would have happened if Obama did not stand behind the market, put money into the economy and save the banks and auto companies is we would have seen a full scale depression

Waiter....waiter.....can I get something to go with this meme ?

Also, my side hurts from laughing so hard.

BTW: I am not a republican.......

I am someone who deals in facts.

Fact: Obama got a stock market that had already been at 14,000. It wasn't over valued. It reacted to a short term mess.

Obama got a stock market that had dropped 7000 points and was still dropping

He has more than doubled it

Show a modern President who has done better

Ha ha ha. Nobody who actually lived during the Carter years will ever say that. Come back to earth. Carter is the syphilis of the democrat party. He's never asked to give speeches in conventions, and nobody wants to be seen sitting next to him.
Carter is respected around the world

Something Bush can't claim

Yes, that is a big whoop

30% growth...pathetic.

1/10th of Clinton.

He's been a disaster.

Waiter....waiter.....can I get something to go with this meme ?

Also, my side hurts from laughing so hard.

BTW: I am not a republican.......

I am someone who deals in facts.

Fact: Obama got a stock market that had already been at 14,000. It wasn't over valued. It reacted to a short term mess.

Obama got a stock market that had dropped 7000 points and was still dropping

He has more than doubled it

Show a modern President who has done better

It's about 30% above it's pre-Obama max.

Reagan and Clinton both tripled it.

Now what was the question ?

Carter is laughed at around the world.

"Respect:" is only the worlds way of poking at those they know would kick their asses if they tried anything funny.

Comparing someone to Bush is setting bar very very very low.

Good to know you recognize what a loser Carter was in many areas.

"Respect:" is only the worlds way of poking at those they know would kick their asses if they tried anything funny.
Far from it

Carter is a Nobel Prize winner and known for his humanity and negotiating skills

Far from it

Carter is a Nobel Prize winner and known for his humanity and negotiating skills

Like I said.....political poke.

You really think the world cares about Carter.

He got his prize for what ?

Something that washed away soon after he left.

Yes,

We've pretty much established that there were some good presidents in the past 100 years.

BHO isn't one of them.

Carter as an ex president isn't as bad. Bush is being respectful. I bet Obama will be sticking his nose into things no longer his business every day, just to continue his mission to divide people.

On what planet is Obamacare a success ?

There was no depression.

Reagan brings down the Soviet Union.

Obamacare was a benchmark in US social programs. It provided access to health insurance for over ten million who did not have it before, it ensured those with pre-existing conditions are not denied healthcare, it set a framework for reducing costs. In spite of Republican propaganda, it is far from a failure

We did not have a depression...we were headed for one
Losing 750,000 jobs a month, a stock market losing half its value, $30 trillion in household wealth gone, banks collapsing, auto industry collapsing, negative GDP. No postwar president has had to take over an economy as bad as this. Obama led a remarkable recovery. More remarkable in that Republicans tried to stop him every step of the way

It is a myth that Reagan brought down the Soviet Union. It was a house of cards and had been ready to collapse for decades. What Reagan did that was great was that he refused to exploit the collapse of the Soviet Union and gave whatever assistance he could to Gorbachev in the transition

Jesus Christ! All of these pathetic lies have been debunked in countless threads since the first left wing hack posted it here. Nothing of substance that you just said is even remotely true. Obama is, as has been clearly shown by me and several others in this thread, the worst POTUS not only in modern times, but arguably in American history. You are wrong, you lost, admit it and move on.

OK...fair enough

Now it is up to you to prove these are "pathetic lies"
Correct me if 'I am wrong, but I think that was done. See post #7, by your truely. Though I did not poke holes in all of your lies, I was able to dismantle your entire foundation. Maybe you should do as PredFan said, and admit you lost and move on...
Actually, you responded with opinion based on rightwing propaganda. Steaming FAIL after every point does not support your case

And you base your opinion on leftwing propaganda. Yet, you seem to think your opinion is more valid.

I think Clinton is probably the great president since the 1960. He had a great economy during the entire time, balanced budget and kept us out of wars.

Obama is probably second as he got us out of a deep depression, started cutting our republican caused deficit problem and fought for science, r&d and sane government. Fought for it at a time where the loserterians wanted to destroy everything.

History will be the judge on rather he can out do Clinton.

Reagan will go down as one of the worse for causing the collapse of the middle class through amnestying millions of people, cutting taxes to the floor for the super rich and pretty much screwing everything that worked for the past half century.

I think Clinton is probably the great president since the 1960. He had a great economy during the entire time, balanced budget and kept us out of wars.

Obama is probably second as he got us out of a deep depression, started cutting our republican caused deficit problem and fought for science, r&d and sane government. Fought for it at a time where the loserterians wanted to destroy everything.

History will be the judge on rather he can out do Clinton.

Reagan will go down as one of the worse for causing the collapse of the middle class through amnestying millions of people, cutting taxes to the floor for the super rich and pretty much screwing everything that worked for the past half century.

I'd say that Clinton is up there.

You are totally screwed up on the rest.

Obama has been a terrible president. He didn't rescue us from anything. In fact, he probably has prolonged it.

Reagan wasn't that good on policy, but managed to get the country thinking like a good country again.

Obama has been one of the most divisive presidents ever. While the GOP congress has not helped...it's not like Obama showed the leadership we needed when we needed it.

Eisenhower was a good president too. Nixon, except for his inglorious failure at the end, wasn't bad.

Bush II was a big LOSER and Obama is giving him a run for his money.

Unfortunately, Carter will never get his due. Including from me.

Far from it

The prestige that comes with a Nobel Prize is all but gone, completely dissolved when they awarded it to Obama (and for what? What he said he would do?), calling into question all "winners". As for Carters "great negotiating skills"... If I remember my history lessons correctly, Iran released the hostages just days after Reagan was inaugurated, with no publicized negotiations. Carters "humanity"? If working with Habitat for Humanity counts, then yes, he is a Humanitarian. But, that was only after he left office, therefore is irrelevent to the discussion.

Far from it

The prestige that comes with a Nobel Prize is all but gone, completely dissolved when they awarded it to Obama (and for what? What he said he would do?), calling into question all "winners". As for Carters "great negotiating skills"... If I remember my history lessons correctly, Iran released the hostages just days after Reagan was inaugurated, with no publicized negotiations. Carters "humanity"? If working with Habitat for Humanity counts, then yes, he is a Humanitarian. But, that was only after he left office, therefore is irrelevent to the discussion.

Carter ignored the war hawks demanding invasion and got the hostages home without a loss of life

It was his greatest accomplishment but cost him the presidency

Far from it

Carter ignored the war hawks demanding invasion and got the hostages home without a loss of life

It was his greatest accomplishment but cost him the presidency
Interesting that you give Carter credit, when the hostages were released when he left office. He had 444 days in which to negotiate their release, before he left office.

I stand corrected, in my previous post, they where released on Reagan's inaugural day. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Things that make you go: "huuummmm....."

Forum List

Back