CDZ Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton Are the Most-Admired Man and Woman in America

Y
Sorry but this thread is a waste of time.

one poll says they are the most admired and another was posted that show they are the most hated.

so someone is just in the mood to argue over something petty and two petty people who are nothing more but Politicians. no wonder they are starting to believe they are royalty and our masters
And the truth is that it is possible for both to be true. Of course the liberal left wing base will admire Oboma. At 19 % for a sitting president, the poll is not unreasonable. That being said, that still leaves a large percentage of the population that may beleive that Obama is a lying cheat (if you like your doctor, yo can keep your doctor).

Esmeralda is jumping to some incorrect conclusions based on this poll. It is very possible that higher than 19% of the population has a negative opinion of Obama, after all 81% did not choose him as their most admired man
You obviously didn't read the link. The people polled were not given names to choose from; thus, it would seem that only those with at least 1% of the respondents mentioning them were listed, and all the other names were diverse people. They were asked to name the person they most admire world wide. They could have named their grandmother or grandfather. But, of all the people polled, Obama and Clinton were mentioned most often. It is a representative sample of what Americans think.
19% is not most Americans. 19% picking Obama as their most admired man does not necessary mean that the majority of Americans admire Obama.
Do you not understand the meaning of representative sample?
i very well understand. I am not saying that the Poll is flawed. I'm saying your interpretation of it is flawed.
I disagree. I am interpreting it the same way Gallup is. They have been taking this poll for at least 18 years and interpreting it in the same way. Gallup is a respected poll taking entity and has been for as long as I can remember. If you are saying my interpretation is flawed, you are saying that Gallup's interpretation is flawed. Fine. You can do that. But most people trust in Gallup polls.

Last edited:
The study seems flawed to me based on the question asked
"what person you have read or heard about"-------sheeesh---
it is obvious that the answers will be persons
who got lots of RECENT MEDIA EXPOSURE
.......not me <sob>
I imagine there is some truth in that, but the poll is only for the year 2014. They could have mentioned Nelson Mandela or any person of stature in the media over the year. And again, they could have mentioned a teacher or parent or someone not in the media at all.

"read or heard about"----- seems MEDIA to me----not mom

.......not me <sob>
I imagine there is some truth in that, but the poll is only for the year 2014. They could have mentioned Nelson Mandela or any person of stature in the media over the year. And again, they could have mentioned a teacher or parent or someone not in the media at all.

Fine. But that doesn't change my point. Of all the people in the world that they read or heard about they could have named anyone. They were not given a list to choose from. Far more chose Obama and Clinton than anyone else.

.......not me <sob>

Fine. But that doesn't change my point. Of all the people in the world that they read or heard about they could have named anyone. They were not given a list to choose from. Far more chose Obama and Clinton than anyone else.

most people in the USA------if you take a random sample----
as in JAY-WALKS-----(jay leno) have not read or heard
about much at all. Logically ----when challenged----
they would come up with a name which has been
publicized lots------lately. Just the phrase "heard or
read"--------screws up the poll ----the question
should have been far more BROAD

Princeton, NJ.

'nuff said.
I thought the same thing. Princeton = educated and liberal.

If this same poll were taken in an uneducated, RW area, the results would likely be very different.
Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Dec. 8-11, 2014, with a random sample of 805 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. For results based on the total sample of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points at the 95% confidence level. All reported margins of sampling error include computed design effects for weighting.

Each sample of national adults includes a minimum quota of 50% cellphone respondents and 50% landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas by time zone within region. Landline and cellular telephone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods.
Barack Obama Hillary Clinton Extend Run as Most Admired

Answers came from all 50 states.

Thanks for posting this.

Really Luddly? You're not embarrassed by the sampling? If distributed evenly, that's 15.78 people in each state and D.C. And that somehow represents 316 million Americans?
There are about 255 million Americans 18 and older, so you are exaggerating. Howeve, the fact is that all polls take representative samples. And that is what this poll has done. Gallup Polls are considered valid and reliable. As well, the real point here, in this thead, is that most Americans do not feel about Obama or Mrs. Clinton the way the RW posters on this board represent it. The virulent hatred towards Obama and Clinton is NOT the norm. That's the point.
Here is the interpretation that is not proven by the poll: "Most Americans do not feel about Obama or Mrs. Clinton the way RW posters on this board represent it." The 19 % that selected Obama as there most admired man does not tell us what most Americans think about Obama. If the survey is accurate, it tells us that approximately 19 % of Americans admire Obama the most. We can not make inferences about how the other 81% of Americans regard Obama based on this poll.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing. Princeton = educated and liberal.

If this same poll were taken in an uneducated, RW area, the results would likely be very different.
Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Dec. 8-11, 2014, with a random sample of 805 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. For results based on the total sample of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points at the 95% confidence level. All reported margins of sampling error include computed design effects for weighting.

Each sample of national adults includes a minimum quota of 50% cellphone respondents and 50% landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas by time zone within region. Landline and cellular telephone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods.
Barack Obama Hillary Clinton Extend Run as Most Admired

Answers came from all 50 states.

Thanks for posting this.

Really Luddly? You're not embarrassed by the sampling? If distributed evenly, that's 15.78 people in each state and D.C. And that somehow represents 316 million Americans?
There are about 255 million Americans 18 and older, so you are exaggerating. Howeve, the fact is that all polls take representative samples. And that is what this poll has done. Gallup Polls are considered valid and reliable. As well, the real point here, in this thead, is that most Americans do not feel about Obama or Mrs. Clinton the way the RW posters on this board represent it. The virulent hatred towards Obama and Clinton is NOT the norm. That's the point.
Here is the interpretation that is not proven by the poll: "Most Americans do not feel about Obama or Mrs. Clinton the way RW posters on this board represent it." The 19 % that selected Obama as there most admired man does not tell us what most Americans think about Obama. If the survey is accurate, it tells us approximately what 19 % of Americans admire Obama the most. We can not make inferences about how the other 81% of Americans regard Obama based on this poll.

my own opinion of the poll is ------NO DISCERNABLE
RESULT------conclusions cannot be drawn

Out of all the possible women in America to be admired, Sara Palin came in 7th place. This is a pretty strong finish considering millions of possible choices. Does this in any way indicate that most Americans don't think Palin is an idiot? Of course not.

There's been ONE politician I can say I admired in my 40 something years of voting.

and the older I get, the more I can't stand ANY OF them. they are all beginning to think they are better than us, don't listen to what to we want and strut around as if they are our ROYALITY. Hell they don't even drive themselves in Congress.

But, you think the op would have been arguing with glee if the poll had said it was, Cruz, Palin, Walker, Jindal, etc etc

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, but you all can bow at those two losers feet if you want. When I hear their names I want to throw up. lol

Back to back presidents are most admired

Why are so few Republicans admired?

Because of their records in the last forty years. Nixon - Watergate-forced to resign: Reagan -the most corrupt administration in history, well over a hundred felons in his administration- hey, how about Iran Contra? Imagine what republicans would say about that if it had been done by a democrat! Bush? where to start- first president appointed to office by the supreme court. Bush 2-allowed 9-11 to happen on his watch, lied his way into Iraq war, on and on. Criminally stupid is my judgement of him. Obama? So far, clean. Nothing but wailing and accusations from the right. Words spoken by idiots, signifying nothing.

Because of their records in the last forty years. Nixon - Watergate-forced to resign: Reagan -the most corrupt administration in history, well over a hundred felons in his administration- hey, how about Iran Contra? Imagine what republicans would say about that if it had been done by a democrat! Bush? where to start- first president appointed to office by the supreme court. Bush 2-allowed 9-11 to happen on his watch, lied his way into Iraq war, on and on. Criminally stupid is my judgement of him. Obama? So far, clean. Nothing but wailing and accusations from the right. Words spoken by idiots, signifying nothing.
Where can I get a pair of those left wing partisan glasses?

Reagan the most corrupt administration in history? What in the world are you smoking? 100 felons? You are completely making that up -- did you get that from Brian Williams or David Axelrod? Both the Clinton administration and the Obama administration have that trophy by a mile!!!

There are about three hundred and eighteen million Americans. The Gallup popularity poll is based on an alleged "random" survey of about 825 adults. It could easily be skewed by polling a certain demographic and it should be noted that many pop culture educated young adults can't even name the first President. The mid term elections were the last poll that really counted and democrats lost in the biggest mid-term landslide in history.

There are about three hundred and eighteen million Americans. The Gallup popularity poll is based on an alleged "random" survey of about 825 adults. It could easily be skewed by polling a certain demographic and it should be noted that many pop culture educated young adults can't even name the first President. The mid term elections were the last poll that really counted and democrats lost in the biggest mid-term landslide in history.

Yeah, how did such a beloved guy lose so badly in the last elections??

I was off some. Apologies for being in a hurry awhile back. About 140 convictions, indictments, investigations, most pardoned by reagan's successor bush. Still holds true. The most corrupt administration and Iran Contra was considered an impeachable offense by Reagan's secty of state, George Schultz. Why do repubs criticize Obama's administration since they've only been convicted by fox news, ergo, right wing professional posters?

Reagan s Administration Was Among the Most Corrupt

I was off some. Apologies for being in a hurry awhile back. About 140 convictions, indictments, investigations, most pardoned by reagan's successor bush. Still holds true. The most corrupt administration and Iran Contra was considered an impeachable offense by Reagan's secty of state, George Schultz. Why do repubs criticize Obama's administration since they've only been convicted by fox news, ergo, right wing professional posters?

Reagan's problem was as it was for every republican politician in the 20th century. Iran/Contra was a end run around a (illegal) amendment to a Military appropriations bill crafted a ultra leftie democrat, George Boland. Incredibly the amendment to a Military appropriations bill did the exact opposite of it's stated intent by preventing the US from fighting communism in Central America. In any democrat administration such a move would be business as usual or a trivial issue but democrats (and the media) thought they had Reagan in a bind. The democrat party has relied on the liberal media for almost the entire 20th century to justify abuses and attack republicans. The laughable tact of the democrat party in recent times seems to revolve around so many scandals that Americans can't keep track.

Reagan's problem was as it was for every republican politician in the 20th century. Iran/Contra was a end run around a (illegal) amendment to a Military appropriations bill crafted a ultra leftie democrat, George Boland. Incredibly the amendment to a Military appropriations bill did the exact opposite of it's stated intent by preventing the US from fighting communism in Central America. In any democrat administration such a move would be business as usual or a trivial issue but democrats (and the media) thought they had Reagan in a bind. The democrat party has relied on the liberal media for almost the entire 20th century to justify abuses and attack republicans. The laughable tact of the democrat party in recent times seems to revolve around so many scandals that Americans can't keep track.

Special Prosecutor Lawrence E. Walsh, appointed by the Democratically controlled Congress, spent six years and more than $40 million in 1980's dollars investigating the Iran Contra affair. Working from memory here, I believe there were eleven convictions in all resulting from that. A judge threw out Oliver North's conviction on a misdemeanor charge involving a security gate, I believe most of the other convictions were overturned on appeal--President H.W. Bush pardoned the last five still pending when he took office. I don't believe anybody served any jail time. Walsh said he thought Reagan and Bush 41 broke some laws but they were laws that carry no penalty--he admitted there was no credible evidence tying them to the Iran Contra affair though he thought they probably paved the way for others to be involved. Nothing he could prove. Walsh went to his grave, I believe last year? at age 102 believing some of those folks should have served jail time. But apparently appeals judges didn't so. . . . .

Among those who lived the Reagan years, he remains at or near the top in approval polls. But of course those who misrepresent what he said, what he did, who have made unsupportable statements about his 'illegal acts' yadda yadda have tarnished his image with those who came of age after the Reagan years. He sure wasn't perfect, he definitely made some mistakes, and I to this day don't agree with all his policies. But he was a most remarkable man. I still get a lump in my throat listening to some of his speeches.

Forum List

Back