CDZ Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton Are the Most-Admired Man and Woman in America

There are about 255 million Americans 18 and older, so you are exaggerating. Howeve, the fact is that all polls take representative samples. And that is what this poll has done. Gallup Polls are considered valid and reliable. As well, the real point here, in this thead, is that most Americans do not feel about Obama or Mrs. Clinton the way the RW posters on this board represent it. The virulent hatred towards Obama and Clinton is NOT the norm. That's the point.
Obama and H. Clinton are very polarizing people with extremely high name recognition. This pole is measuring only the population that admires them, it does not measure the population that thinks they are lying cheats. Obama and H. Clinton are both very much admired (far left democrats) and disdained ( far right republicans).
It surveyed a cross section of people across the country: it is NOT a poll measuring only what "the population that admires them" thinks. What absolute nonsense it is to suggest so.
Since the question is who you most admire, those that think they are lying cheats will not answer in the affirmative. This particular poll question does not gather information about people that have a negative opinion because that is not the question asked.
The respondents say who they do have a positive opinion of. That is what the poll reflects: who people like. And more people like Obama and Clinton than anyone else.
No, more liberals and progressives like Obama and Clinton.

If I asked a group of oil workers if they had a high opinion of someone like the CEO of Gulf Oil, what do you think that results will be if they limit their polling question to ONLY oil platform workers?

They asked a bunch of extreme leftists what their opinion of Obama and Clinton was. The answer was predetermined by the people they asked.
The poll was a cross section of Americans in all 50 states. They did not single out liberals and only poll liberals. The poll represents a cross section of Americans and shows that more people around the country admire Clinton and Obama than anyone else. It's pretty simple.

They asked a bunch of extreme leftists what their opinion of Obama and Clinton.
You cannot accept reality. They did not single out anyone. They did not poll only liberals. They polled a cross section of Americans in all 50 states.

Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Dec. 8-11, 2014, with a random sample of 805 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. For results based on the total sample of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points at the 95% confidence level. All reported margins of sampling error include computed design effects for weighting
Barack Obama Hillary Clinton Extend Run as Most Admired

Last edited:
Sorry but this thread is a waste of time.

one poll says they are the most admired and another was posted that show they are the most hated.

so someone is just in the mood to argue over something petty and two petty people who are nothing more but Politicians. no wonder they are starting to believe they are royalty and our masters

one poll says they are the most admired and another was posted that show they are the most hated.

so someone is just in the mood to argue over something petty and two petty people who are nothing more but Politicians. no wonder they are starting to believe they are royalty and our masters
Link?

Obama and H. Clinton are very polarizing people with extremely high name recognition. This pole is measuring only the population that admires them, it does not measure the population that thinks they are lying cheats. Obama and H. Clinton are both very much admired (far left democrats) and disdained ( far right republicans).
It surveyed a cross section of people across the country: it is NOT a poll measuring only what "the population that admires them" thinks. What absolute nonsense it is to suggest so.
Since the question is who you most admire, those that think they are lying cheats will not answer in the affirmative. This particular poll question does not gather information about people that have a negative opinion because that is not the question asked.
The respondents say who they do have a positive opinion of. That is what the poll reflects: who people like. And more people like Obama and Clinton than anyone else.
No, more liberals and progressives like Obama and Clinton.

If I asked a group of oil workers if they had a high opinion of someone like the CEO of Gulf Oil, what do you think that results will be if they limit their polling question to ONLY oil platform workers?

They asked a bunch of extreme leftists what their opinion of Obama and Clinton was. The answer was predetermined by the people they asked.
The poll was a cross section of Americans in all 50 states. They did not single out liberals and only poll liberals. The poll represents a cross section of Americans and shows that more people around the country admire Clinton and Obama than anyone else. It's pretty simple.

They asked a bunch of extreme leftists what their opinion of Obama and Clinton.
You cannot accept reality. They did not single out anyone. They did not poll only liberals. They polled a cross section of Americans in all 50 states.

Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Dec. 8-11, 2014, with a random sample of 805 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. For results based on the total sample of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points at the 95% confidence level. All reported margins of sampling error include computed design effects for weighting
Barack Obama Hillary Clinton Extend Run as Most Admired
You don't even think you grasp reality. Two things...

Who was interviewed? What was their demographics. A random sample means nothing if they start with a list of liberals.

805 people is NOT a cross section of American.

Wake up.

Stephanie-----you kinda got it on point-------you have stated that which annoys me about both of them------they think too
highly of themselves---BOTH OF THEM. When Obama
was on the ballot, I did not vote. I could not go republican---and I did not like his MOVIE STAR persona.--
nice smile though. As to Hillary----even as a first lady-----
her agenda seemed to me to be HILLARY-------bill seemed
a rung on her ladder. I was really put off when she
Published her cookie recipe (??memory) ------as in
"yeah, right...."

And the truth is that it is possible for both to be true. Of course the liberal left wing base will admire Oboma. At 19 % for a sitting president, the poll is not unreasonable. That being said, that still leaves a large percentage of the population that may beleive that Obama is a lying cheat (if you like your doctor, yo can keep your doctor).

Esmeralda is jumping to some incorrect conclusions based on this poll. It is very possible that higher than 19% of the population has a negative opinion of Obama, after all 81% did not choose him as their most admired man

Hillary is smart and articulate-----but she seems a bit
overly ambitious and into herself. ----same seems true
of Obama
The majority of leaders are, to include officers in the military....

moonie----cover your tushie-------yes---I agree ---all leaders are
to SOME EXTENT----into themselves-----including HIGH RANKING OFFICERs in the military------however----I refer
to an elevated degree in ----those two

of Obama

to SOME EXTENT----into themselves-----including HIGH RANKING OFFICERs in the military------however----I refer
I have seen narcissistic people in all walks of life, and the greatest leaders have always been very narcissistic, or sociopaths...

And the truth is that it is possible for both to be true. Of course the liberal left wing base will admire Oboma. At 19 % for a sitting president, the poll is not unreasonable. That being said, that still leaves a large percentage of the population that may beleive that Obama is a lying cheat (if you like your doctor, yo can keep your doctor).

Esmeralda is jumping to some incorrect conclusions based on this poll. It is very possible that higher than 19% of the population has a negative opinion of Obama, after all 81% did not choose him as their most admired man
What a lot of nonsense. You people just don't like the results of the poll. This poll has been done every year by GALLUP for at least the past 18 years.

of Obama

I have seen narcissistic people in all walks of life, and the greatest leaders have always been very narcissistic, or sociopaths...

yes moonie------too true-----it is a matter of DEGREE---for me.
uhm........you are a DSM aficionado??

You obviously didn't read the link. The people polled were not given names to choose from; thus, it would seem that only those with at least 1% of the respondents mentioning them were listed, and all the other names were diverse people. They were asked to name the person they most admire world wide. They could have named their grandmother or grandfather. They could have said Putin or Sarah Palin. But, amonst all the people polled, Obama and Clinton were mentioned most often as most admired. It is a representative sample of what Americans think.

Last edited:
of Obama

My first wife was a para-psychologist 96G, and I read her manuals from the military..., but I also was a psychology major along with law, radio/tv/film/theater production and performance..And those fields you need to evaluate character by physical traits guided by the mind...

You obviously didn't read the link. The people polled were not given names to choose from; thus, it would seem that only those with at least 1% of the respondents mentioning them were listed, and all the other names were diverse people. They were asked to name the person they most admire world wide. They could have named their grandmother or grandfather. But, of all the people polled, Obama and Clinton were mentioned most often. It is a representative sample of what Americans think.
I am no big fan of them, but I do notice how the Clinton's transcend the traditional barriers of age to a huge fan base...

You obviously didn't read the link. The people polled were not given names to choose from; thus, it would seem that only those with at least 1% of the respondents mentioning them were listed, and all the other names were diverse people. They were asked to name the person they most admire world wide. They could have named their grandmother or grandfather. But, of all the people polled, Obama and Clinton were mentioned most often. It is a representative sample of what Americans think.
19% is not most Americans. 19% picking Obama as their most admired man does not necessary mean that the majority of Americans admire Obama.

19% is not most Americans. 19% picking Obama as their most admired man does not necessary mean that the majority of Americans admire Obama.
Do you not understand the meaning of representative sample?

The study seems flawed to me based on the question asked
"what person you have read or heard about"-------sheeesh---
it is obvious that the answers will be persons
who got lots of RECENT MEDIA EXPOSURE
.......not me <sob>

of Obama

My first wife was a para-psychologist 96G, and I read her manuals from the military..., but I also was a psychology major along with law, radio/tv/film/theater production and performance..And those fields you need to evaluate character by physical traits guided by the mind...

you did good

The study seems flawed to me based on the question asked
"what person you have read or heard about"-------sheeesh---
it is obvious that the answers will be persons
who got lots of RECENT MEDIA EXPOSURE
.......not me <sob>
I imagine there is some truth in that, but the poll is only for the year 2014. They could have mentioned Nelson Mandela or any person of stature in the media over the year. And again, they could have mentioned a teacher or parent or someone not in the media at all.

Y

Do you not understand the meaning of representative sample?
i very well understand. I am not saying that the Poll is flawed. I'm saying your interpretation of it is flawed.

Forum List

Back