Banning Vapes Was Wrong Then And It Is Wrong Now

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The Food and Drug Administration is set to ban Juul e-cigarettes from being sold in the United States, according to a report. The FDA was expected to announce the stunning decision as soon as Wednesday, according to The Wall Street Journal. A ban on the e-cig maker would have no impact on rivals Reynolds American, which produces Vuse, and NJOY, according to the Journal. Juul landed in hot water some four years ago when its flavored e-cigarettes, which were touted at the time as a carcinogen-free and healthier alternative to traditional cigarettes, were being blamed for a surge in youth vaping. Thousands of lawsuits have been filed in the US against the company, which was accused of targeting underage smokers with their flavored products."

It was wrong when Trump talked about banning this product ...which is why most strong free-market Conservatives stood up to Trump and spoke out against it......I mean, they didn't -- but it feels good to believe they did....

Fact remains, it was wrong then....and it is wrong for the Biden admin to ban this product now....government is basically singling out one company over the others......I wonder if Hunter is behind this....how much is he getting in kickbacks from Reynolds?? And for the so-called "advocates" that are so against this product...they are literally claiming that the manufacturers of flavored e-cigs are marketing their product towards teens...as if these teens are being groomed to be smokers, really?? Enough with this hiding behind this fake "protect the children" shield to push your commie authoritarian policies....

FINALLY the government gets something right :dance:

It's also wrong to allow people to sue gun manufacturers for the actions of a few mental midgets.
You ok with that?

Society is largely treating vaping like smoking. You can't vape in restaurants or in bars that don't allow smoking. You can't vape in airports (unless it's a smoking lounge) or in movie theaters or sports arenas.

Seems to me that this all started with electronic cigarettes which were marketed to help people quit smoking. My daughter bought me one but it didn't work for me. What I saw, though, were kids who started using the electronic cigarettes because it was almost like smoking, but without the smoking part.

When I see people who've never smoked tobacco vaping, I just shake my head...

FINALLY the government gets something right :dance:

It's also wrong to allow people to sue gun manufacturers for the actions of a few mental midgets.
You ok with that?
Since gun makers are HEAVILY shielded from liability.....to the extent they are successfully sued, it must be pretty bad, correct?

How about, if a gun maker ACTIVELY markets guns to kids ....would that be pretty cool??

p-2-90721663-and8216just-like-mom-and-dad.jpg

I personally think it would be cool to buy your 10 year old this cute little JR-15......

"The Food and Drug Administration is set to ban Juul e-cigarettes from being sold in the United States, according to a report. The FDA was expected to announce the stunning decision as soon as Wednesday, according to The Wall Street Journal. A ban on the e-cig maker would have no impact on rivals Reynolds American, which produces Vuse, and NJOY, according to the Journal. Juul landed in hot water some four years ago when its flavored e-cigarettes, which were touted at the time as a carcinogen-free and healthier alternative to traditional cigarettes, were being blamed for a surge in youth vaping. Thousands of lawsuits have been filed in the US against the company, which was accused of targeting underage smokers with their flavored products."

It was wrong when Trump talked about banning this product ...which is why most strong free-market Conservatives stood up to Trump and spoke out against it......I mean, they didn't -- but it feels good to believe they did....

Fact remains, it was wrong then....and it is wrong for the Biden admin to ban this product now....government is basically singling out one company over the others......I wonder if Hunter is behind this....how much is he getting in kickbacks from Reynolds?? And for the so-called "advocates" that are so against this product...they are literally claiming that the manufacturers of flavored e-cigs are marketing their product towards teens...as if these teens are being groomed to be smokers, really?? Enough with this hiding behind this fake "protect the children" shield to push your commie authoritarian policies....
Liberal Mpls already banned menthols and flavored cigars, meaning blacks now have to go out to Trump country to get their favorite smokes.
You spoke out about that. Right?

Second hand vape is not nearly as aggravating as second hand smoke.

The FDA should ban juul as soon as it bans the vaccines.

Since gun makers are HEAVILY shielded from liability.....to the extent they are successfully sued, it must be pretty bad, correct?

How about, if a gun maker ACTIVELY markets guns to kids ....would that be pretty cool??

View attachment 661330

I personally think it would be cool to buy your 10 year old this cute little JR-15......
Gun manufacturers cannot be responsible for the clear misuse of their products.

When will the truck manufacturer be held accountable for the 81 people run over in Nice?

Society is largely treating vaping like smoking. You can't vape in restaurants or in bars that don't allow smoking. You can't vape in airports (unless it's a smoking lounge) or in movie theaters or sports arenas.

Seems to me that this all started with electronic cigarettes which were marketed to help people quit smoking. My daughter bought me one but it didn't work for me. What I saw, though, were kids who started using the electronic cigarettes because it was almost like smoking, but without the smoking part.

When I see people who've never smoked tobacco vaping, I just shake my head...

Nicotine without the combustion products is just another stimulant like Caffeine. By going from combustion to vaporization you eliminate 99.9% of what made cigarettes the cancer machines they were.

Second hand vape is not nearly as aggravating as second hand smoke.

It's funny, as an ex-smoker (I quit 10 years ago after smoking for 35 years), I don't really mind second hand smoke.

Something about the vape, though, that turns my stomach...

Juul is the coolest of all the vapes. But the UK market is undercut by Chinese vapers. Very cheap and fuck knows whats in them.

The fact that they didn't is solid proof that they are not, in fact, free-market conservatives.

Liberal Mpls already banned menthols and flavored cigars, meaning blacks now have to go out to Trump country to get their favorite smokes.
You spoke out about that. Right?
I don't smoke or drink...

Next deflection...

Gun manufacturers cannot be responsible for the clear misuse of their products.

When will the truck manufacturer be held accountable for the 81 people run over in Nice?
Why are gun makers marketing AR-15's to kids and calling them JR-15's?

This is not a parody -- this picture was actually part of the marketing campaign

p-2-90721663-and8216just-like-mom-and-dad.jpg

and if parents are responsible for what their 40 year old kids do (Hunter Biden) -- how are they not responsible for what their children do -- if that child so happens to misuse that nifty new JR-15 of his

Forum List

Back