Bands you've seen

Jul 8, 2013
Earth
My favorite is Greg Kihn. I saw him at the old Keystone on California ave in Palo Alto in 1982. Second might be Rush at the Coliseum in Oakland or Styx at the Cow Palace in South San Francisco.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvtgkhU_F0]Greg Kihn - Tear That City Down (1983) - YouTube[/ame]

First concert I ever went to was Black Sabbath in the early 70's. Saw them again when they were on the "Mob Rules" tour with Dio as singer. The Outlaws opened for them that night. An odd pairing, but very enjoyable concert. Probably the only concert I ever went to that I can recall who the opening act was.

Saw the Eagles shortly before they broke up.

Saw the Allman Brothers in a small venue. They really rocked! Probably the best concert I ever went to.

Saw Jethro Tull, Humble Pie (without Frampton), the Moody Blues, Three Dog Night, Mahogany Rush, Judas Priest, Quarterflash, KC and the Sunshine Band, Foghat, and several others. Last concert I went to was a Pink Floyd tribute band called the Pink Floyd Experience.

Boston, Led Zeppelin (with Bonzo), Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Ted Nugent, Ozzy, Steve Morse, Al Di Meola, Paco Delucia, John McLaughlin, Frank Gambale, Allan Holdsworth, John Scofield, Billy Cobham, John Entwistle Band, Zebra, Phil Lesh, Gov't Mule, Black Crowes, etc., etc.

seen plenty of greats...

Janis tops 'em all... nobody else comes close...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhLinEY7Zn8]Janis Joplin - Cry Baby [Live] - YouTube[/ame]

Bands I've seen:

Deep Purple
Led Zeppellin (twice)
Black Sabbath (twice)
Chicago (w/ Terry Kath)
Eagles
The Who (six times)
Eric Clapton (six times)
Jethro Tull (four times)
Yes (twice)
ELP
Bob Dylan
Allman Brothers (twice)
Jeff Beck
Sammy Hagar
Eddie Money
Alice Cooper
Grateful Dead (twice)
Alvin Lee (one-half)
Santana (twice)
Marshall Tucker Band
ELO
Bruce Springsteen (five times)
J-Geils Band (twice)
Nirvana
Chili Peppers
Oingo Boingo
Little River Band
Jeff Healy
Rolling Stones
Moody Blues (twice)
Pink Floyd (twice)
Donovan
Sheena Easton
Olivia Newton John
Fleetwood Mac
Jefferson Starship (twice)
Blues Brothers
Blackmore's Rainbow
Randy Hansen
Stephen Stills​

The best of the bunch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bands I've seen:

Deep Purple
Led Zeppellin (twice)
Black Sabbath (twice)
Chicago (w/ Terry Kath)
Eagles
The Who (six times)
Eric Clapton (six times)
Jethro Tull (four times)
Yes (twice)
ELP
Bob Dylan
Allman Brothers (twice)
Jeff Beck
Sammy Hagar
Eddie Money
Alice Cooper
Grateful Dead (twice)
Alvin Lee (one-half)
Santana (twice)
Marshall Tucker Band
ELO
Bruce Springsteen (five times)
J-Geils Band (twice)
Nirvana
Chili Peppers
Oingo Boingo
Little River Band
Jeff Healy
Rolling Stones
Moody Blues (twice)
Pink Floyd (twice)
Donovan
Sheena Easton
Olivia Newton John
Fleetwood Mac
Jefferson Starship (twice)
Blues Brothers
Blackmore's Rainbow
Randy Hansen
Stephen Stills​

The best of the bunch?

Bruce Springsteen - Prove It All Night (Live In Phoenix '78) [The Promise] - YouTube

my list looks alot like yours...

'n I truly feel sorry for you that you never got to see Janis...

Oh.Gawd

I couldn't possibly list them all. My first career was in the music biz when I was a wee lass.

Good times....

To do this justice, I'll have to revert to my ticket stubs. They are my memory. I've got them all, save for JJ Cale. They're all here, going back to 1971.

I'll get back to ya...

P.S. - my Yes folder has 30 (count 'em, thirty) stubs. :thup:

i have been to a bunch of em

had a pretty good time at all of them

Paul McCartney was a cool one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK2hKzZss5Y]Paul McCartney & WINGS - Live And Let Die - YouTube[/ame]

took a buddy to a yes union concert

it was on his bucket list

it was his last concert before he went off dialysis

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FwBU7pRQLY&list=PL815C5C25F213E7F5]Yes Union Live - Bruford/White Drum Duet - YouTube[/ame]

Evanescence
Killing Heidi
Vanessa Amorosi
Kasey Chambers (4 times)
Bon Jovi (once, but will be three times by year end)

So not many, but I remember them all and they were awesome. Except Ev, who sucked.

Kansas 46 times. The Outlaws 13 times. Black Sabbath, BOC, The Moody Blues , Styx, Boston,Journey,Starship, Marshall Tucker and others.

To do this justice, I'll have to revert to my ticket stubs. They are my memory. I've got them all, save for JJ Cale. They're all here, going back to 1971.

I'll get back to ya...

P.S. - my Yes folder has 30 (count 'em, thirty) stubs. :thup:

Wow, you are so lucky to have seen JJ Cale. How was he live?

Unfortunately, I've only been to a very few concerts, but my favorite one was Steppenwolf.

I was going to see them for my birthday present to myself (they were going to be in Memphis in July), but the lead singer ended up with a throat infection and they had to cancel. I'd paid over 30 bucks for the ticket and was pissed that they weren't going to be there. I did get my money refunded.

However....................a few months later, Steppenwolf decided to come back, and they threw a concert for the people on the base of NAS Memphis (located in Millington TN), and instead of having to pay over 30 bucks for the ticket, I was able to get one from MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) for only 5 bucks, and was able to get close enough to the stage that I was almost front row.

Best concert I'd ever been to. Not only did I see my favorite band, but I was in front of the speakers, and was close enough to the stage that I could have almost reached out and touched the band.

Good times..........................

Other concerts I've been to? Ted Nugent, Night Ranger, Maneheim Steamroller, and the Outlaws.

The best concert I had ever been to was THE CRAMPS back in high school (1984). I was near the stage slam dancing when some idiot from the crowed jumped on the stage and then jumped off. Where did he land? Right on my eye. I went to school the next day with a big black eye and everybody asked me what happened and I told them. For some reason this made me popular for about a week.
[ame=http://youtu.be/zZ5PWflZ7y0]The Cramps - Tear It Up LIVE - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back