Band Aids, Borders, Burritos & Bejing

Donā€™t let me send your super brilliant thread up in flames with too much logic...get in there and convince us to see it like a half American would Mac1958
You're still going. I told you, I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

You have responded just as I anticipated, like a standard-issue myopic hardcore partisan ideologue, and I appreciate that.

If you think you're dealing in logic, great.

Iā€™m trying to stay open minded....I just canā€™t for the life of me understand how you arrive at ā€œmake tens of millions legalā€ before ā€œmodify our laws and deport tens of millionsā€. How does one wrap their head around that? Break the logic down for us...youā€™re a smart dude, that shouldnā€™t be too difficult.
Not my job to hold your hand through this. You appear to be the only person who is this confused.

Sorry.

No need for a handholding; Iā€™m asking you to sell me on your ideas. Letā€™s be honest, thatā€™s exactly why you started the thread, you were hoping to sell people on your brilliance. Donā€™t get frustrated now, put a little more effort in.
Itā€™s odd that you often beg to have these genuine, ā€˜lay it all out thereā€™, candid type of discussions which you yourself somehow seem to always turn totally useless and disingenuous. Are you always the type to become defensive and bitter when others donā€™t share you opinions?

We Americans do love our band aids. If we don't what someone says, we shut 'em down. We don't like abortions, so we try to make 'em illegal. If we want to deal with illegal immigration, we build a wall. If we're afraid of a ragtag group of South Americans headed our way, we send the freakin' military.

Seems to me we've become pretty lazy. Instead of dealing with the underlying issues of major problems, we just slap a band aid on them and walk away, feeling all good about ourselves. Bing! Instant gratification! Yay!

So, as your new King, here is the Five Year Plan: We're going to calm down this immigration shit, we're going to reduce the reasons people are so fucking desperate to escape their shit hole countries in the FIRST fucking place (what an amazing idea!), and we're going to massively reduce our dependence on, and trade deficit with, China, all in the same plan. Here we go!
  1. Legalize everyone who is here today and put them at the end of the line for regular citizenship, with a sinister hidden agenda of making the countries they use to want to escape a much more attractive place to live, see below
  2. Deport those who break the law.
  3. Strictly enforce all hiring laws with American employers, with heavy fines
  4. Re-examine and modernize guest worker programs so people are not falling through the cracks
  5. Toss out anything resembling NAFTA and prepare the Americas for the below plan
  6. Create a new GSE (Government-Sponsored Enterprise) to protect American companies in the below plan
  7. Have serious "this is your one chance" conversations with South American leaders to aggressively address the drug cartels. And yes, by "aggressively address", that could include partnership with the American military. This is a public health and safety issue that has been ignored & avoided long enough.
  8. Partner with Canada and South American countries (those that work with us on #7 above) to issue GSE-backed bonds and invest heavily in infrastructure and low-end to mid-level manufacturing and support facilities up and down the Americas. Invite South American countries to, um, liberate the money they get from the cartels to finance some of this. Get these people good jobs, keep them home with their families, and stabilize the region.
Create a new, Americas-based manufacturing, distribution and consumption behemoth that would re-direct our dollars from China to the Americas.

There. That's a start. If you see something wrong, instead of tossing the whole thing out, let's tweak and improve it. The biggest problem is pretty obviously #7. Let's talk about that.

We used to do that here in America. Collaborate. Innovate.
not sure your issue here. Congress did absolutely nothing on anything you just wrote about. Isn't that there job? What is the job of the president exactly in your world? You again are a very odd fk, who leans left quite a lot, I must say.

We Americans do love our band aids. If we don't what someone says, we shut 'em down. We don't like abortions, so we try to make 'em illegal. If we want to deal with illegal immigration, we build a wall. If we're afraid of a ragtag group of South Americans headed our way, we send the freakin' military.

Seems to me we've become pretty lazy. Instead of dealing with the underlying issues of major problems, we just slap a band aid on them and walk away, feeling all good about ourselves. Bing! Instant gratification! Yay!

So, as your new King, here is the Five Year Plan: We're going to calm down this immigration shit, we're going to reduce the reasons people are so fucking desperate to escape their shit hole countries in the FIRST fucking place (what an amazing idea!), and we're going to massively reduce our dependence on, and trade deficit with, China, all in the same plan. Here we go!
  1. Legalize everyone who is here today and put them at the end of the line for regular citizenship, with a sinister hidden agenda of making the countries they use to want to escape a much more attractive place to live, see below
  4. Re-examine and modernize guest worker programs so people are not falling through the cracks
  5. Toss out anything resembling NAFTA and prepare the Americas for the below plan
  6. Create a new GSE (Government-Sponsored Enterprise) to protect American companies in the below plan
  7. Have serious "this is your one chance" conversations with South American leaders to aggressively address the drug cartels. And yes, by "aggressively address", that could include partnership with the American military. This is a public health and safety issue that has been ignored & avoided long enough.
  8. Partner with Canada and South American countries (those that work with us on #7 above) to issue GSE-backed bonds and invest heavily in infrastructure and low-end to mid-level manufacturing and support facilities up and down the Americas. Invite South American countries to, um, liberate the money they get from the cartels to finance some of this. Get these people good jobs, keep them home with their families, and stabilize the region.
Create a new, Americas-based manufacturing, distribution and consumption behemoth that would re-direct our dollars from China to the Americas.

There. That's a start. If you see something wrong, instead of tossing the whole thing out, let's tweak and improve it. The biggest problem is pretty obviously #7. Let's talk about that.

Being America in the sense of America's place and standing on the global stage is both the same as being the proverbial prodigal son, and the prodigy son at once. Everyone not America seeks a laurel of hatred to rest upon, so they can kick back and say, "see, I told you America was an evil empire, am I right?" while many of the same foreigners wish to view America as some kind of godlike savior-nation who must be held to a higher standard than any other country or empire in world history.

While I get where you're coming from, Mac and appreciate your efforts to solve critical woes, the world cannot have it both ways. Either we're the "evil empire" from hell, or we're the saviors of the whole rest of the world. But what if, my USMB compadre, neither our American leaders or us American people want to be either villain or savior? What then?
Wow, thank you. I was hoping someone would see a bigger picture.

And crap, you're making me think here.

I'd think the goal, to put it simplistically, would be to cut through that binary choice and lead by example. Right now, we're an easy target, an almost cartoonishly chauvinistic bully that all but revels in annoying those who used to be our friends. I guess that's an attempt to lead by example, but it's just so naive that it won't accomplish anything in the long term.

Something like this would check so many boxes that, in my little dreamworld scenario, we'd quietly go about proceeding step by step and gain converts along the way.

I gotta think about that one.
dude, not sure at all what you're trying to say here. LOL.:cuckoo:

Donā€™t let me send your super brilliant thread up in flames with too much logic...get in there and convince us to see it like a half American would Mac1958
You're still going. I told you, I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

You have responded just as I anticipated, like a standard-issue myopic hardcore partisan ideologue, and I appreciate that.

If you think you're dealing in logic, great.

Iā€™m trying to stay open minded....I just canā€™t for the life of me understand how you arrive at ā€œmake tens of millions legalā€ before ā€œmodify our laws and deport tens of millionsā€. How does one wrap their head around that? Break the logic down for us...youā€™re a smart dude, that shouldnā€™t be too difficult.
Not my job to hold your hand through this. You appear to be the only person who is this confused.

Sorry.

No need for a handholding; Iā€™m asking you to sell me on your ideas. Letā€™s be honest, thatā€™s exactly why you started the thread, you were hoping to sell people on your brilliance. Donā€™t get frustrated now, put a little more effort in.
Itā€™s odd that you often beg to have these genuine, ā€˜lay it all out thereā€™, candid type of discussions which you yourself somehow seem to always turn totally useless and disingenuous. Are you always the type to become defensive and bitter when others donā€™t share you opinions?
Wrong again. As I've pointed out numerous times here, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

As I've also pointed out numerous times here, my primary reasons for being here are to (a) observe the tactics and behaviors of political fundamentalists, and (b) occasionally belch out my opinion here and there. So, this place is like a nice one-stop shop for my little amateur psychological / sociological / anthropological studies, a mental Petri dish in which I can poke, observe, poke, observe, poke, observe.

Every once in a while I'll stumble into an interesting conversation, but I've long since given up trying to communicate online with political fundamentalists. It's much, much easier and significantly more interesting in real life.

There. I appreciate your interest, and I hope I've clarified things for you.

not sure your issue here. Congress did absolutely nothing on anything you just wrote about. Isn't that there job? What is the job of the president exactly in your world? You again are a very odd fk, who leans left quite a lot, I must say.
Well yes, I'm definitely a left-leaning independent.

I just tossed out an "idea". Sometimes those of us who are not intellectually paralyzed by a political ideology like to do that.

Fortunately, you're not required to attempt participation.

Being America in the sense of America's place and standing on the global stage is both the same as being the proverbial prodigal son, and the prodigy son at once. Everyone not America seeks a laurel of hatred to rest upon, so they can kick back and say, "see, I told you America was an evil empire, am I right?" while many of the same foreigners wish to view America as some kind of godlike savior-nation who must be held to a higher standard than any other country or empire in world history.

While I get where you're coming from, Mac and appreciate your efforts to solve critical woes, the world cannot have it both ways. Either we're the "evil empire" from hell, or we're the saviors of the whole rest of the world. But what if, my USMB compadre, neither our American leaders or us American people want to be either villain or savior? What then?

I'd think the goal, to put it simplistically, would be to cut through that binary choice and lead by example. Right now, we're an easy target, an almost cartoonishly chauvinistic bully that all but revels in annoying those who used to be our friends. I guess that's an attempt to lead by example, but it's just so naive that it won't accomplish anything in the long term.

Something like this would check so many boxes that, in my little dreamworld scenario, we'd quietly go about proceeding step by step and gain converts along the way.

Yes, I have no doubt you don't understand.

I just tossed out an "idea". Sometimes those of us who are not intellectually paralyzed by a political ideology like to do that.

dude you are totally paralyzed in your political ideology. you make no sense. It would be nice if you actually knew the roles of all the players when you post. Who owns the borders? let's start there. One idea at a time.

I don't know what that means.

You're flailing.

Are you saying you donā€™t know how to address the scenario or that you know that if you do your bullshit goes up in flames? Sack up.

ā€œConsider this parallel; you show up to your vacation home to find squatters have broke in and have been living in your house, you call the authorities only to find the squatters have rights and you have to follow a lengthy process to evict them from your own home. Is your first thought ā€œlet them stay Iā€™ll just forfeit my home to themā€? OR, are you gonna fight it out and take a stand against lawmakers for such a bullshit law which allows good people to get fucked over by trespassers?ā€
I don't know why this scenario is so important to you.

In that situation, I would do everything I could within the law to get rid of them.

I assume you're making a point here of some kind.

If you canā€™t connect the dots I can assure you you are not qualified to have this conversation at all and we are both wasting our time.
Excellent, thanks.

Hereā€™s the truth....you, like many in this nation have ties to illegal aliens, therefore you are extremely considerate of their ā€˜feelingsā€™...you essentially are them and you will remain bias because of this. You refuse to put America and Americans ahead of their feelings...for this, your opinion canā€™t be considered by good, real Americans...sorry bud.

Every. Single. One of your posts is emotional, snowflake. Do you not understand irony?

As an American, I can honestly say I give no shits about the feelings of a good portion of citizens in this country. I know that might hurt your delicate fee fees, but it is what it is.

dude you are totally paralyzed in your political ideology. you make no sense. It would be nice if you actually knew the roles of all the players when you post. Who owns the borders? let's start there. One idea at a time.
Again, I have no doubt that I make no sense to you. So we're good there.

A sovereign country "owns" its borders, obviously.

you, fk an A. Dude you are in a world unto yourself. Again, you make absolutely no sense. and that's saying a lot for you.

Last edited:

you fk an A. Dude you are in a world unto yourself. Again, you make absolutely no sense. and that's saying a lot for you.
Okay, thanks for your input.

who represents our country to own the borders?

you fk an A. Dude you are in a world unto yourself. Again, you make absolutely no sense. and that's saying a lot for you.
Okay, thanks for your input.
any time.

who represents are country to own the borders?
I have no idea what this means.

By "are", do you mean "our"?

Try to calm down a bit.

Try to calm down a bit.
so you won't answer eh? figures, you never do, you skate away from answering in most threads. You like doubletalk nonsense.

Try to calm down a bit.
so you won't answer eh? figures, you never do, you skate away from answering in most threads. You like doubletalk nonsense.
Perhaps, instead of asking poorly-constructed and obtuse questions, you could just make a point.

Or, perhaps I'm just asking for too much.

Try to calm down a bit.
Perhaps, instead of asking poorly-constructed and obtuse questions, you could just make a point.

I asked you didn't answer. not uncommon for you.

Try to calm down a bit.

Okay, I tried.

Try to calm down a bit.

Okay, I tried.
ok, so you can't answer the question on who owns our border enforcement. got it. figures.

Forum List

Back