Baltimore student passes 3 classes in four years, ranks near top half of class with 0.13 GPA

Baltimore has a ton of problems. Corrupt politicians. A corrupt justice system. Can we point out how many police officers have been arrested in Baltimore and make a bigger argument?

When you post a thread you are supposed to provide an argument. What is worse. ,013 GPA or someone unable to provide an argument?
The mother wants her son to get his diploma anyway

not that it will be much use to him if he has only a 9th grade education

but she has a right to be angry at the lib public school educators

she trusted them to educate her child and they failed to do so

“He's stressed and I am too. I told him I'm probably going to start crying. I don't know what to do for him,” France told Project Baltimore. “Why would he do three more years in school? He didn't fail, the school failed him. The school failed at their job. They failed. They failed, that's the problem here. They failed. They failed. He didn't deserve that.”

She failed at her job.

What did she do to ensure he learned? I got involved in my kids education. I knew public schools are shit and the teachers are generally dumb as rocks. A parent HAS to become involved and FORCE the school to do their job. Public schools are run by government slugs who want a paycheck and obscene benefits for doing nothing. Unless parents get involved that's exactly what the schools will do - nothing. Oh, they'll push transgender bullshit, but don't expect them to teach a child to read or do calculus.

You mean they don’t teach calculus in public school? And they don’t teach them to read either? Thanks trump.

Baltimore has a ton of problems. Corrupt politicians. A corrupt justice system. Can we point out how many police officers have been arrested in Baltimore and make a bigger argument?

When you post a thread you are supposed to provide an argument. What is worse. ,013 GPA or someone unable to provide an argument?

“He's stressed and I am too. I told him I'm probably going to start crying. I don't know what to do for him,” France told Project Baltimore. “Why would he do three more years in school? He didn't fail, the school failed him. The school failed at their job. They failed. They failed, that's the problem here. They failed. They failed. He didn't deserve that.”

She failed at her job.

What did she do to ensure he learned? I got involved in my kids education. I knew public schools are shit and the teachers are generally dumb as rocks. A parent HAS to become involved and FORCE the school to do their job. Public schools are run by government slugs who want a paycheck and obscene benefits for doing nothing. Unless parents get involved that's exactly what the schools will do - nothing. Oh, they'll push transgender bullshit, but don't expect them to teach a child to read or do calculus.

You mean they don’t teach calculus in public school? And they don’t teach them to read either? Thanks trump.
Math is racist. Even arithmetic is off the schedule. They no longer teach writing. If reading is taught there is some reason why students are unable to read beyond "text". U no wha I meen?

She failed at her job.

Math is racist. Even arithmetic is off the schedule. They no longer teach writing. If reading is taught there is some reason why students are unable to read beyond "text". U no wha I meen?

Oh my......they don’t teach writing either.

When was the last time you were actually in a school, liar?

She failed at her job.

They certainly don't in my son's granddaughter's school. My son taught the girl to read and write. The school objected to the method of phonics reading. The teacher did not like the girl signing her work with a signature. They wanted her to print like all the other students.

Thankfully the family moved to Texas. The child is now in a more traditional school.

Whatever dude
You have no idea and you just make shit up to fit your narrative.

This is a great example of the failure of public schools. The way to stop this stupidity is to have free market competition in education by having a voucher system where a student can shop around for the best school.

Of course the stupid asshole Liberals are against it so the poor students are stuck with bad schools while wealthier families can afford private schools.

Liberals are always idiots.

This is a great example of the failure of public schools. The way to stop this stupidity is to have free market competition in education by having a voucher system where a student can shop around for the best school.

Of course the stupid asshole Liberals are against it so the poor students are stuck with bad schools while wealthier families can afford private schools.

Public schools work for 10's of millions. As I argued earlier, does the corrupt Baltimore police force prove that all forces are corrupt and should be done away with?

This is a great example of the failure of public schools. P The way to stop this stupidity is to have free market competition in education by having a voucher system where a student can shop around for the best school.

Public schools work for 10's of millions. As I argued earlier, does the corrupt Baltimore police force prove that all forces are corrupt and should be done away with?

They worked but now they don't. You can mostly thank desegregation for that but government mismangement is also responsible. Many public schools in the country are an embarrassment because they have failed. Just look at the one in the OP's article. Far too many of them. That is the reason we have so many private schools. If the public schools worked then there would be no need for private schools, would there?

It is oppressive for the state and local governments to tax the people and deliver a piss poor product.

You should be able to get your tax money back and use it where your child will get a better education.

We sent our sons to a Lutheran school. The school always came out in the top two or three in the country rankings. At a time when the filthy public schools were failing they cost about $6K per student per school year. The cost per student at the Lutheran school was half that and they delivered a superior product.

Government sucks at everything it does and tops on that list is education.

This is a great example of the failure of public schools. P The way to stop this stupidity is to have free market competition in education by having a voucher system where a student can shop around for the best school.

They worked but now they don't. You can mostly thank desegregation for that but government mismangement is also responsible. Many public schools in the country are an embarrassment because they have failed. Just look at the one in the OP's article. Far too many of them. That is the reason we have so many private schools. If the public schools worked then there would be no need for private schools, would there?

It is oppressive for the state and local governments to tax the people and deliver a piss poor product.

You should be able to get your tax money back and use it where your child will get a better education.

We sent our sons to a Lutheran school. The school always came out in the top two or three in the country rankings. At a time when the filthy public schools were failing they cost about $6K per student per school year. The cost per student at the Lutheran school was half that and they delivered a superior product.

They work for 10's of millions. My granddaughter just sent me a message where she was accepted into the University of North Carolina. She went to public schools.

From 1970 to present, the public education system in America has churned out a steady decline in those proficient in even basic skills. America, which was the shining beacon 50 years ago now is near the bottom in STEM among the industrialized world. We continue to decline due to the abysmal public schools which focus on cultural indoctrination to the near exclusion of actual scholastic achievement.

If you can read this, chances are you learned from someone other than a public school teacher.

They work for 10's of millions. My granddaughter just sent me a message where she was accepted into the University of North Carolina. She went to public schools.

They don't really work.

The US was tops in the world in education for many decades and now we are way down the list. That is despite spending more money than any other country. The stupid Federal government poured hundreds of billions into education as the test scores dropped. the state and county districts have become bureaucratic failures dominated by greedy unions and stupid political correctness with a lot of destructive affirmative action thrown in.

The example the OP gave is unfortunately more the norm than the exception.

Public schools started out as a community pooling its resources to provide education for the kids in the area and that worked OK. However, over time that concept grew into a bureaucratic monstrosity and it stopped working.

Desegregation was the death blow. We use to have one bad system for the Blacks and a good system for the Whites. Desegregation turned it into one bad system for both Blacks and Whites and that is the reason we had so many private schools created. To provide the service that the pubic schools were failing at.

What we need is competition in education. That will produce a quality product at the lowest possible price. The government monopoly is doing nobody any good. All it does is produce the kind of failure we saw in the OP's example.

The fix is easy. Continue to collect the tax money for schools. Then offer the voucher that a student can spend at the school of his/her choice. That will break the failed government monopoly and give students a choice in the quality of education they want.

Freedom is a good thing. Government oppression and failure are bad things. The same in education as anything else.

They don't really work.

The US was tops in the world in education for many decades and now we are way down the list. That is despite spending more money than any other country. The stupid Federal government poured hundreds of billions into education as the test scores dropped. the state and county districts have become bureaucratic failures dominated by greedy unions and stupid political correctness with a lot of destructive affirmative action thrown in.

Public schools started out as a community pooling its resources to provide education for the kids in the area and that worked OK. However, over time that concept grew into a bureaucratic monstrosity and it stopped working.

Desegregation was the death blow. We use to have one bad system for the Blacks and a good system for the Whites. Desegregation turned it into one bad system for both Blacks and Whites and that is the reason we had so many private schools created. To provide the service that the pubic schools were failing at.

What we need is competition in education. That will produce a quality product at the lowest possible price. The government monopoly is doing nobody any good. All it does is produce the kind of failure we saw in the OP's example.

The fix is easy. Continue to collect the tax money for schools. Then offer the voucher that a student can spend at the school of his/her choice. That will break the failed government monopoly and give students a choice in the quality of education they want.

Freedom is a good thing. Government oppression and failure are bad things. The same in education as anything else.

For tens of millions of students it works absolutely fine.

They don't really work.

Tell that to eh stupid kid with a .13 GPA and got passed from one class to another because the school system didn't want to be politically incorrect and fail him. Imagine having a school system so fucked up as to advance a kid to Algebra II when the kid couldn't even pass Algebra I. Some really stupid forces in play there.

For tens of millions more it is a complete failure.

Lots of money spent and a piss poor product delivered.

We can do much better. Having a voucher program so that free market competition can unseat the terrible government bureaucracy monopoly we have now would be a great boost for education in the US.

They don't really work.

Tell that to eh stupid kid with a .13 GPA and got passed from one class to another because the school system didn't want to be politically incorrect and fail him. Imagine having a school system so fucked up as to advance a kid to Algebra II when the kid couldn't even pass Algebra I. Some really stupid forces in play there.

No it isn't.

We can do much better. Having a voucher program so that free market competition can unseat the terrible government bureaucracy monopoly we have now would be a great boost for education in the US.

The problem is as always, you will not pay for it.

She failed at her job.

They certainly don't in my son's granddaughter's school. My son taught the girl to read and write. The school objected to the method of phonics reading. The teacher did not like the girl signing her work with a signature. They wanted her to print like all the other students.

Thankfully the family moved to Texas. The child is now in a more traditional school.

From 1970 to present, the public education system in America has churned out a steady decline in those proficient in even basic skills. America, which was the shining beacon 50 years ago now is near the bottom in STEM among the industrialized world. We continue to decline due to the abysmal public schools which focus on cultural indoctrination to the near exclusion of actual scholastic achievement.

If you can read this, chances are you learned from someone other than a public school teacher.
According to the NAEP scores have gone up on Math Testing since the 80’s

They don't really work.

No it isn't.

Stop being an asshole.

I paid my stupid oppressive property tax to fund the filthy ass public schools and I spent the money to provide my sons with a much better education in a private school.

Why are you Libtards so afraid of competition to your beloved bureaucracy? Afraid that a kid might go to a school that doesn't get your filthy Libtard brainwashing? A school where the child actually learns reading, writing and arithmetic instead of spending all the time learning about that asshole MLK?

Maybe afraid that he or she would go to a school that didn't have a Teacher's Union that is a cash cow for the Democrat Party?

Maybe afraid that he or she will learn real American history instead of politically correct bullshit to appease the minorities?

Maybe afraid that he or she will be in a classroom that praises God and salutes the flag?

All you Moon Bats idiots are doing is cheating a student out of the opportunity to get a real education and that is despicable. Shame on you!

They don't really work.

No it isn't.

Stop being an asshole.

I paid my stupid oppressive property tax to fund the filthy ass public schools and I spent the money to provide my sons with a much better education in a private school.

Why are you Libtards so afraid of competition to your beloved bureaucracy? Afraid that a kid might go to a school that doesn't get your filthy Libtard brainwashing? A school where the child actually learns reading, writing and arithmetic instead of spending all the time learning about that asshole MLK?

Maybe afraid that he or she would go to a school that didn't have a Teacher's Union that is a cash cow for the Democrat Party?

Maybe afraid that he or she will learn real American history instead of politically correct bullshit to appease the minorities?

Maybe afraid that he or she will be in a classroom that praises God and salutes the flag?

All you Moon Bats idiots are doing is cheating a student out of the opportunity to get a real education and that is despicable. Shame on you!

You are wanting to fund a ton of new schools. You can't operate 10 schools for the price of one. I'm sure you weren't taught this in school.

Forum List

Back