Baltimore student passes 3 classes in four years, ranks near top half of class with 0.13 GPA

This is a great example of the failure of public schools. P The way to stop this stupidity is to have free market competition in education by having a voucher system where a student can shop around for the best school.

Of course the stupid asshole Liberals are against it so the poor students are stuck with bad schools while wealthier families can afford private schools.

Liberals are always idiots.

Public schools work for 10's of millions. As I argued earlier, does the corrupt Baltimore police force prove that all forces are corrupt and should be done away with?

They worked but now they don't. You can mostly thank desegregation for that but government mismangement is also responsible. Many public schools in the country are an embarrassment because they have failed. Just look at the one in the OP's article. Far too many of them. That is the reason we have so many private schools. If the public schools worked then there would be no need for private schools, would there?

It is oppressive for the state and local governments to tax the people and deliver a piss poor product.

You should be able to get your tax money back and use it where your child will get a better education.

We sent our sons to a Lutheran school. The school always came out in the top two or three in the country rankings. At a time when the filthy public schools were failing they cost about $6K per student per school year. The cost per student at the Lutheran school was half that and they delivered a superior product.

Government sucks at everything it does and tops on that list is education.

They work for 10's of millions. My granddaughter just sent me a message where she was accepted into the University of North Carolina. She went to public schools.

They don't really work.

The US was tops in the world in education for many decades and now we are way down the list. That is despite spending more money than any other country. The stupid Federal government poured hundreds of billions into education as the test scores dropped. the state and county districts have become bureaucratic failures dominated by greedy unions and stupid political correctness with a lot of destructive affirmative action thrown in.

The example the OP gave is unfortunately more the norm than the exception.

Public schools started out as a community pooling its resources to provide education for the kids in the area and that worked OK. However, over time that concept grew into a bureaucratic monstrosity and it stopped working.

Desegregation was the death blow. We use to have one bad system for the Blacks and a good system for the Whites. Desegregation turned it into one bad system for both Blacks and Whites and that is the reason we had so many private schools created. To provide the service that the pubic schools were failing at.

What we need is competition in education. That will produce a quality product at the lowest possible price. The government monopoly is doing nobody any good. All it does is produce the kind of failure we saw in the OP's example.

The fix is easy. Continue to collect the tax money for schools. Then offer the voucher that a student can spend at the school of his/her choice. That will break the failed government monopoly and give students a choice in the quality of education they want.

Freedom is a good thing. Government oppression and failure are bad things. The same in education as anything else.

For tens of millions of students it works absolutely fine.

Tell that to eh stupid kid with a .13 GPA and got passed from one class to another because the school system didn't want to be politically incorrect and fail him. Imagine having a school system so fucked up as to advance a kid to Algebra II when the kid couldn't even pass Algebra I. Some really stupid forces in play there.

For tens of millions more it is a complete failure.

No it isn't.

Lots of money spent and a piss poor product delivered.

We can do much better. Having a voucher program so that free market competition can unseat the terrible government bureaucracy monopoly we have now would be a great boost for education in the US.

The problem is as always, you will not pay for it.

Stop being an asshole.

I paid my stupid oppressive property tax to fund the filthy ass public schools and I spent the money to provide my sons with a much better education in a private school.

Why are you Libtards so afraid of competition to your beloved bureaucracy? Afraid that a kid might go to a school that doesn't get your filthy Libtard brainwashing? A school where the child actually learns reading, writing and arithmetic instead of spending all the time learning about that asshole MLK?

Maybe afraid that he or she would go to a school that didn't have a Teacher's Union that is a cash cow for the Democrat Party?

Maybe afraid that he or she will learn real American history instead of politically correct bullshit to appease the minorities?

Maybe afraid that he or she will be in a classroom that praises God and salutes the flag?

All you Moon Bats idiots are doing is cheating a student out of the opportunity to get a real education and that is despicable. Shame on you!

When was the last time you were in a public school classroom?

My wife is a school teacher you moron. Her and her many teacher friends will tell you that the public schools suck.

When was the last time you were actually in a school, liar?

{

Part of the toolkit includes a list of ways “white supremacy culture” allegedly “infiltrates math classrooms.” Those include “the focus is on getting the ‘right’ answer,” students being “required to ‘show their work,'” and other alleged manifestations.

“The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so,” the document for the “Equitable Math” toolkit reads. “Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict.”

}

Why Math Is Racist | Power Line (powerlineblog.com)

Our pulbik skoos
How do liberals come to believe and promote stupid stuff like this?

and these are so-called educators no less

Before we had desegregation and created a Federal Department of Education we were first.
It started with desegregation and still exists there

but the massive influx of foreign students from dirt poor countries combined with N Child Left Behind have only made it worse

All of you clowns went to Private School?
Or just your kids?

This is a great example of the failure of public schools. P The way to stop this stupidity is to have free market competition in education by having a voucher system where a student can shop around for the best school.

Of course the stupid asshole Liberals are against it so the poor students are stuck with bad schools while wealthier families can afford private schools.

Public schools work for 10's of millions. As I argued earlier, does the corrupt Baltimore police force prove that all forces are corrupt and should be done away with?

They worked but now they don't. You can mostly thank desegregation for that but government mismangement is also responsible. Many public schools in the country are an embarrassment because they have failed. Just look at the one in the OP's article. Far too many of them. That is the reason we have so many private schools. If the public schools worked then there would be no need for private schools, would there?

It is oppressive for the state and local governments to tax the people and deliver a piss poor product.

You should be able to get your tax money back and use it where your child will get a better education.

We sent our sons to a Lutheran school. The school always came out in the top two or three in the country rankings. At a time when the filthy public schools were failing they cost about $6K per student per school year. The cost per student at the Lutheran school was half that and they delivered a superior product.

They work for 10's of millions. My granddaughter just sent me a message where she was accepted into the University of North Carolina. She went to public schools.

They don't really work.

The US was tops in the world in education for many decades and now we are way down the list. That is despite spending more money than any other country. The stupid Federal government poured hundreds of billions into education as the test scores dropped. the state and county districts have become bureaucratic failures dominated by greedy unions and stupid political correctness with a lot of destructive affirmative action thrown in.

Public schools started out as a community pooling its resources to provide education for the kids in the area and that worked OK. However, over time that concept grew into a bureaucratic monstrosity and it stopped working.

Desegregation was the death blow. We use to have one bad system for the Blacks and a good system for the Whites. Desegregation turned it into one bad system for both Blacks and Whites and that is the reason we had so many private schools created. To provide the service that the pubic schools were failing at.

What we need is competition in education. That will produce a quality product at the lowest possible price. The government monopoly is doing nobody any good. All it does is produce the kind of failure we saw in the OP's example.

The fix is easy. Continue to collect the tax money for schools. Then offer the voucher that a student can spend at the school of his/her choice. That will break the failed government monopoly and give students a choice in the quality of education they want.

Freedom is a good thing. Government oppression and failure are bad things. The same in education as anything else.

Tell that to eh stupid kid with a .13 GPA and got passed from one class to another because the school system didn't want to be politically incorrect and fail him. Imagine having a school system so fucked up as to advance a kid to Algebra II when the kid couldn't even pass Algebra I. Some really stupid forces in play there.

No it isn't.

We can do much better. Having a voucher program so that free market competition can unseat the terrible government bureaucracy monopoly we have now would be a great boost for education in the US.

Stop being an asshole.

I paid my stupid oppressive property tax to fund the filthy ass public schools and I spent the money to provide my sons with a much better education in a private school.

Why are you Libtards so afraid of competition to your beloved bureaucracy? Afraid that a kid might go to a school that doesn't get your filthy Libtard brainwashing? A school where the child actually learns reading, writing and arithmetic instead of spending all the time learning about that asshole MLK?

Maybe afraid that he or she would go to a school that didn't have a Teacher's Union that is a cash cow for the Democrat Party?

Maybe afraid that he or she will learn real American history instead of politically correct bullshit to appease the minorities?

Maybe afraid that he or she will be in a classroom that praises God and salutes the flag?

All you Moon Bats idiots are doing is cheating a student out of the opportunity to get a real education and that is despicable. Shame on you!

My wife is a school teacher you moron. Her and her many teacher friends will tell you that the public schools suck.

So your wife is part of the problem.
Got it.

Or just your kids?

I went to an all White Public School and received an education that allowed me to get an advanced degree in Engineering.

Back then Public Schools in the US were fine.

Then came desegregation and the Federal government's Department of Education. It didn't take very many years for the system to go to hell.

When my son's started school in the 1980s we sent them to private schools because the public schools were the ass.

My wife knew this to be a fact because she was a teacher. She said that in a decade she was forced to go from being a real teacher to babysitting dumbass minorities and making sure that the parents didn't bitch to administration about racism. She tried to help the students that really wanted to learn but the expectations for the students was pretty low. She was told point blank she couldn't fail any of the Negroes.

Or just your kids?

I went to an all White Public School and received an education that allowed me to get an advanced degree in Engineering.

Then came desegregation and the Federal government's Department of Education. It didn't take very many years for the system to go to hell.

When my son's started school in the 1980s we sent them to private schools because the public schools were the ass.

My wife knew this to be a fact because she was a teacher. She said that in a decade she was forced to go from being a real teacher to babysitting dumbass minorities and making sure that the parents didn't bitch to administration about racism. She tried to help the students that really wanted to learn but the expectations for the students was pretty low. She was told point blank she couldn't fail any of the Negroes.

Must be a Regional thing
I taught in a very large very diverse HS in the early 90’. In the agricultural valley in CA.
I was NEVER told how to teach or grade a specific “group”. Never.

Or just your kids?

Must be a Regional thing
I taught in a very large very diverse HS in the early 90’. In the agricultural valley in CA.

there are good teachers and some good schools. However, in totality the public school sytem in the US is a joke.

We can be better than that.

The voucher system is a great way to get back on the right track.

Or just your kids?

Must be a Regional thing

California use to be the Golden State with the best schools in the nation. Nowadays they are ranked dead last just like they are first for poverty and debt.

Or just your kids?

Must be a Regional thing

there are good teachers and some good schools. However, in totality the public school sytem in the US is a joke.

Explain to me how the voucher system will work

You would just be moving kids around and creating some worse schools

How does Transportation work?
For example, How do you transport students A,B,C from the same neighborhood to 3 different schools that are out of area Because they want to use their vouchers at schools X,Y and Z.

Can you address these please.

Or just your kids?

Must be a Regional thing

For example, How do you transport students A,B,C from the same neighborhood to 3 different schools that are out of area Because they want to use their vouchers at schools X,Y and Z.

How do the vouchers work?

Simple.

You pay in taxes and then you get that tax money back so that you can use it pay the tuition at at any school you want.

Of course because we live in a filthy ass welfare state you would get that voucher whether you paid taxes or not but that is another discussion.

I don't give a shit how you get to the school. That is your problem.

When our sons went to a private school there were no buses to pick them up but we always got them to school because we wanted them to get a good education.

What do you do when school A is at 100% capacity and then by the vouchers being used that school is at 150% capacity.
Do kids get denied or do we overfill the classroom s even more.

{

Part of the toolkit includes a list of ways “white supremacy culture” allegedly “infiltrates math classrooms.” Those include “the focus is on getting the ‘right’ answer,” students being “required to ‘show their work,'” and other alleged manifestations.

“The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so,” the document for the “Equitable Math” toolkit reads. “Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict.”

}

Our pulbik skoos

Do you really think that nonsense goes on in every math classroom in every public school? None of the math teachers at my school would (or could) waste time with such foolishness.

Working with students from

I think I have tried to educate you on this silly point before but you being an uneducated Moon Bat you don't absorb knowledge very easily.

Being the "best" public school in the country is nothing to brag about. You still graduated functionally illiterate dumasses.

The last time I checked the US public schools system was ranked about 20th in the world. This is with the stupid government putting in more money than anybody else.

Read the link, brainless.

They don't really work.

No it isn't.

Stop being an asshole.

My wife is a school teacher you moron. .....

That lie doesn't answer my question.

Or just your kids?

Must be a Regional thing

How do the vouchers work?

Simple.

You pay in taxes and then you get that tax money back so that you can use it pay the tuition at at any school you want.

Of course because we live in a filthy ass welfare state you would get that voucher whether you paid taxes or not but that is another discussion.

I don't give a shit how you get to the school. That is your problem.

When our sons went to a private school there were no buses to pick them up but we always got them to school because we wanted them to get a good education.
5 year span says “No significant difference “
How is that a decline?
Compare that to the 70’ and 80’s.

No improvement in 5 years, significant decline over 50 years.

Hey, but teachers retire with 6 figure incomes, and that's what's really important.

I posted link from SAT and. NAEP that show improvement from the 80’s.

You just mention talking points.

Schools are definitely improved over the decadesof 70’ and 80’s. The data shows that.

Where is your data?
Of course you don’t have any.
Just a small sample to fit your agenda.

{

}

Our pulbik skoos

Do you really think that nonsense goes on in every math classroom in every public school? None of the math teachers at my school would (or could) waste time with such foolishness.

Working with students from

I think I have tried to educate you on this silly point before but you being an uneducated Moon Bat you don't absorb knowledge very easily.

Being the "best" public school in the country is nothing to brag about. You still graduated functionally illiterate dumasses.

The last time I checked the US public schools system was ranked about 20th in the world. This is with the stupid government putting in more money than anybody else.

Read the link, brainless.

Public school teachers are an endless stream of excuses for the shit that goes on in our abysmal institutions of cultural degradation.

Forum List

Back