Balancing Estrogen levels naturally

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I came upon this article searching out some information and found it has some tidbits that are interesting in it for those trying to balance out their hormones with food stuffs. Hormones regulate so many things internally its worth taking the time to learn about which ones do what.

12 Tips to Balance Estrogen Levels Naturally

I came upon this article searching out some information and found it has some tidbits that are interesting in it for those trying to balance out their hormones with food stuffs. Hormones regulate so many things internally its worth taking the time to learn about which ones do what.

I would put this in the same category as holistic snake oil salesman, he's trying to sell you his products which may or may not help.
What kind of doctor is he? Doctor of medicine? Doctor of chemistry? Doctor of physics? Doctor of aeronautics? :dunno:

I would put this in the same category as holistic snake oil salesman, he's trying to sell you his products which may or may not help.
What kind of doctor is he? Doctor of medicine? Doctor of chemistry? Doctor of physics? Doctor of aeronautics? :dunno:
Like I said there are bits of info in the article. You don't have to buy anything but the links to the studies are also in that.

Like I said there are bits of info in the article. You don't have to buy anything but the links to the studies are also in that.
Yeah, I know about those and they're all old and outdated. The supposed link between estrogen replacement and breast cancer, higher risk of heart disease which everyone quotes was a study done on synthetic estrogen ONLY, natural estrogen replacement not only doesn't cause those increased risks they're beneficial in many other ways.
The problem is that study was done very recently and the word is still getting out. We found out from the wife's OB who had just finished a training seminar on exactly this subject last year, changed everything she originally had been told about estrogen replacement.

You can buy DIM support in the health food stores..

BUT: Wild Yams has been proven to help with estrogen's naturally..but the body doesn't see it as an estrogen..

Estrogenic effect of yam ingestion in healthy postmenopausal women. - PubMed - NCBI
METHODS:
Twenty-four apparently healthy postmenopausal women were recruited to replace their staple food (rice for the most part) with 390 g of yam (Dioscorea alata) in 2 of 3 meals per day for 30 days and 22 completed the study. Fasting blood and first morning urine samples were collected before and after yam intervention for the analyses of blood lipids, sex hormones, urinary estrogen metabolites and oxidant stress biomarker. The design was a one arm, pre-post study. A similar study of postmenopausal women (n = 19) fed 240 g of sweet potato for 41 days was included as a control study. Serum levels of estrone, estradiol and SHBG were analyzed for this control group.

RESULTS:
After yam ingestion, there were significant increases in serum concentrations of estrone (26%), sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) (9.5%), and near significant increase in estradiol (27%). No significant changes were observed in serum concentrations of dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, androstenedione, testosterone, follicular stimulating hormone, and luteinizing hormone. Free androgen index estimated from the ratio of serum concentrations of total testosterone to SHBG decreased. Urinary concentrations of the genotoxic metabolite of estrogen, 16alpha-hydroxyestrone decreased significantly by 37%. Plasma cholesterol concentration decreased significantly by 5.9%. Lag time of low-density lipoprotein oxidation prolonged significantly by 5.8% and urinary isoprostane levels decreased significantly by 42%. For the control subjects fed with sweet potato, all three hormone parameters measured were not changed after intervention.

CONCLUSION:
Although the exact mechanism is not clear, replacing two thirds of staple food with yam for 30 days improves the status of sex hormones, lipids, and antioxidants. These effects might reduce the risk of breast cancer and cardiovascular diseases in postmenopausal women.

Yeah, I know about those and they're all old and outdated. The supposed link between estrogen replacement and breast cancer, higher risk of heart disease which everyone quotes was a study done on synthetic estrogen ONLY, natural estrogen replacement not only doesn't cause those increased risks they're beneficial in many other ways.
The problem is that study was done very recently and the word is still getting out. We found out from the wife's OB who had just finished a training seminar on exactly this subject last year, changed everything she originally had been told about estrogen replacement.

I actually got the breast cancer, one oncologist said from estrogen...Try reading up on foods and products full of estrogen including dairy..Too much estrogen= cancer

The word is getting out much more about hormone replacement, so many women think it will not happen to them..

CONCLUSION:
Although the exact mechanism is not clear, replacing two thirds of staple food with yam for 30 days improves the status of sex hormones,
Problem is with a steady diet mostly of yams you'll be as big as a houseboat. Good luck finding a skipper.

lol...

I can not copy paste this but check the link

This is a cream that helps..but of coarse always check with your doctor first..

It doesn't not have bi-identical hormones..synthetic hormones

ProMeno Women's Wild Yam Cream by MoonMaid Botanicals some women rub some on their arms or thighs..

I actually got the breast cancer, one oncologist said from estrogen...Try reading up on foods and products full of estrogen including dairy..Too much estrogen= cancer

The word is getting out much more about hormone replacement, so many women think it will not happen to them..
Sorry but that has been linked to synthetic estrogen only. The problem was and still is that the study linking estrogen replacement to cancer and heart disease was generalized by the medical community to include all estrogen replacement so that's been their mantra for decades. Unless you were taking synthetic estrogen your oncologist was wrong. Natural estrogen replacement is heart healthy and helps prevent breast cancer.

CONCLUSION:
Although the exact mechanism is not clear, replacing two thirds of staple food with yam for 30 days improves the status of sex hormones,
Problem is with a steady diet mostly of yams you'll be as big as a houseboat. Good luck finding a skipper.

lol...

ProMeno Women's Wild Yam Cream by MoonMaid Botanicals some women rub some on their arms or thighs..
Yams are very healthy, which aren't actually yams but are sweet potatoes. But it said two thirds of staple foods.

Sorry but that has been linked to synthetic estrogen only. The problem was and still is that the study linking estrogen replacement to cancer and heart disease was generalized by the medical community to include all estrogen replacement so that's been their mantra for decades. Unless you were taking synthetic estrogen your oncologist was wrong. Natural estrogen replacement is heart healthy and helps prevent breast cancer.

Sorry..
Estrogen-only HRT increases the risk of breast cancer, but only when used for more than 10 years. Estrogen-only HRT also can increase the risk of ovariancancer. The higher breast cancer risk from using HRT is the same for so-called "bioidentical" and "natural" hormones as it is for synthetic hormones.

Has your wife been tested for breast cancer genes?
Overview - Mayo Clinic

Genetic Testing. Three of the most well-known genes that can mutate and raise the risk of breast and/or ovarian cancer are BRCA1, BRCA2, and PALB2. ... Men with these mutations have an increased risk of breast cancer, especially if the BRCA2gene is affected, and possibly of prostate cancer.Feb 10, 2017

My cancer along with many women with breast cancer have a estrogen positive and fed cancer...

Meaning my cancer grows from estrogen..

Hormone Receptor Status | Breastcancer.org

CONCLUSION:

lol...

Yams are very healthy, which aren't actually yams but are sweet potatoes. But it said two thirds of staple foods.

I hate yams, do you like them?

I think these estrogen yams are a special kind of wild ones..

Do some research on your own too...This is a OB -Gyn telling you this..yes she went to a convention but she is not an oncologist..
I am not feeling really well right now..but when I feel a bit better I will get you some links..

Estrogen cream vaginally is said to not get into the blood ( Stanford doctors told me that ) but taking anything orally will...Do you have any links on this from your doctor?

CONCLUSION:

lol...

I love 'em. With butter. AND the skin!

I was told thirty plus years ago I should be taking a prescription estrogen after surgery. I tossed the pills and never looked back and never had any issues from taking any pills. Like I said there are tidbits there as with anything on information out there in lala land double check everything.

CONCLUSION:

lol...

Dioscorea villosa - Wild Yam Herb Uses, Benefits, Cures, Side Effects, Nutrients

Sorry..
Estrogen-only HRT increases the risk of breast cancer, but only when used for more than 10 years. Estrogen-only HRT also can increase the risk of ovariancancer. The higher breast cancer risk from using HRT is the same for so-called "bioidentical" and "natural" hormones as it is for synthetic hormones.

Overview - Mayo Clinic

Genetic Testing. Three of the most well-known genes that can mutate and raise the risk of breast and/or ovarian cancer are BRCA1, BRCA2, and PALB2. ... Men with these mutations have an increased risk of breast cancer, especially if the BRCA2gene is affected, and possibly of prostate cancer.Feb 10, 2017

My cancer along with many women with breast cancer have a estrogen positive and fed cancer...

Well I'm not going to argue with your old data since what we found out just recently (this year) that all that has changed.

Do some research on your own too...This is a OB -Gyn telling you this..yes she went to a convention but she is not an oncologist..
I am not feeling really well right now..but when I feel a bit better I will get you some links..

Estrogen cream vaginally is said to not get into the blood ( Stanford doctors told me that ) but taking anything orally will...Do you have any links on this from your doctor?
No links and I'm more than familiar with how doctors use medical studies and how medical studies are done than most people. I would trust my wife's OB over any oncologist as what actually causes cancers is still correlative and not empirical except in extremely limited cases. Docs typically just repeat what they've been told by researchers.

I was told thirty plus years ago I should be taking a prescription estrogen after surgery. I tossed the pills and never looked back and never had any issues from taking any pills. Like I said there are tidbits there as with anything on information out there in lala land double check everything.
No problem and I was simply saying "doctors" like in the OP typically are the modern day equivalent of snake oil salesmen so use caution.

Sorry..

Overview - Mayo Clinic

She had a cancerous fibroid which led to a full hysterectomy 3 weeks after the fibroidectomy, she also had a lump they found 3 months later but it turned out to not be cancer. Today she's still cancer free and has been taking bio-estrogen in the ring, pill and cream form for years. She's no longer on the ring but she takes a couple of different medications as well as the vaginal cream.

Forum List

Back