Balancer is here

Article written before the Olympic Games :) Then there was a lot of such horror in the media. All predicted a complete failure of preparation for the Olympics. Many believed, including me :) As I now understand, it was a very well-coordinated media attack on Russia, one of the first such scale. Then it was new. Although the usual media people believed little, but mass messages from "ordinary users of social networks" then believed. Judging by the massive discrepancy that happened between the claimed and the reality, these were the first attempts to actively use trolls and bots in social networks :) The Olympics as a result passed almost flawlessly. Well, the entire infrastructure built for the Olympics is used after very active. It was a useful investment of money.

Welcome to USMB. I hope you've had all of your shots.

You should move to Sochi. You can probably buy one of the empty Olympic buildings for a couple rubles.

I would be happy, but in Sochi VERY expensive property :) And there is no abandoned there. And you in the photo: "Olympic Village (Rome): Built to house the athletes of the 1960 Summer Games, it is now residential apartments."

You could even have your own swimming pool.

Well, here you have the name of the picture itself speaks for itself :) - Berlin_Olympic_swimming_venue.jpg

Or was it a joke? :)

In Sochi, just built for the Olympics buildings are used very actively. Now international competitions, rallies, congresses are held there regularly ... Recently the XIX World Festival of Youth and Students was held: #WFYS2017

First the pictures were to see if you were really good with computers like you said, and secondly to see if you knew if the images were really from Russia to test if you were really from Russia or just a troll from the forum that made up the account.

Now with that said, I'd like to REALLY know what is going on in Sochi since here in the U.S. all we see is empty buildings there and even during the olympics we saw pictures of stupid construction mistakes.

Epic Construction Fails At Sochi Winter Olympics In Pictures

This is not for discussion in Zone 1, which is where "Introduce Yourself" is located. I suggest starting a thread on it in the correct area.

Bienvenue Balancer welcome to you at the forum.

847031142_488366.gif

You should move to Sochi. You can probably buy one of the empty Olympic buildings for a couple rubles.

I would be happy, but in Sochi VERY expensive property :) And there is no abandoned there. And you in the photo: "Olympic Village (Rome): Built to house the athletes of the 1960 Summer Games, it is now residential apartments."

Well, here you have the name of the picture itself speaks for itself :) - Berlin_Olympic_swimming_venue.jpg

In Sochi, just built for the Olympics buildings are used very actively. Now international competitions, rallies, congresses are held there regularly ... Recently the XIX World Festival of Youth and Students was held: #WFYS2017

First the pictures were to see if you were really good with computers like you said, and secondly to see if you knew if the images were really from Russia to test if you were really from Russia or just a troll from the forum that made up the account.

Now with that said, I'd like to REALLY know what is going on in Sochi since here in the U.S. all we see is empty buildings there and even during the olympics we saw pictures of stupid construction mistakes.

This is not for discussion in Zone 1, which is where "Introduce Yourself" is located. I suggest starting a thread on it in the correct area.

Sorry but there are so many posters on this forum that create these sock puppet accounts to troll here, sometimes you have to ask questions to see if a person is real or not. :)

It's an introduction thread, are we not allowed to ask questions? Seems others weren't warned for doing so... or for many that went off-topic in this thread before I even asked the OP questions.

Sorry but there are so many posters on this forum that create these sock puppet accounts to troll here, sometimes you have to ask questions to see if a person is real or not. :)

It's an introduction thread, are we not allowed to ask questions? Seems others weren't warned for doing so... or for many that went off-topic in this thread before I even asked the OP questions.

No warnings were given, just the suggestion that this is better suited for other areas. If you think someone is a sock, PM a mod. I assure you, Balancer is not one.

No warnings were given, just the suggestion that this is better suited for other areas. If you think someone is a sock, PM a mod. I assure you, Balancer is not one.

I never accused him of being one, but I asked questions to figure out or not. So it's ok to ask questions of new users in an introduction thread as long as you like the questions they ask? :dunno:

I never accused him of being one, but I asked questions to figure out or not. So it's ok to ask questions of new users in an introduction thread as long as you like the questions they ask? :dunno:

If you see something that doesn't belong in a thread, report it. If you think mods read every post and every thread on this forum, think again. What I posted was not directed at ONLY you; it was directed at you AND those that are beginning to take this thread into a political discussion. Most know better.

If you see something that doesn't belong in a thread, report it. If you think mods read every post and every thread on this forum, think again. What I posted was not directed at ONLY you; it was directed at you AND those that are beginning to take this thread into a political discussion. Most know better.

I asked him about the Sochi Olympics in Russia. That's not political... He mentioned his home and the new home he was buying, and I brought up the buildings in Sochi.

I'm not going to argue with you about it. Now you've just ruined the conversation and taken the thread farther off topic. :)

I asked him about the Sochi Olympics in Russia. That's not political... He mentioned his home and the new home he was buying, and I brought up the buildings in Sochi.

I'm not going to argue with you about it. Now you've just ruined the conversation and taken the thread farther off topic. :)

Get a grip. The Olympics have nothing to do with an introduction thread either. That's more 'General Discussion' or area specific since you brought Socchi into it.

Get a grip. The Olympics have nothing to do with an introduction thread either. That's more 'General Discussion' or area specific since you brought Socchi into it.

Yep I did because it had to do with his talk about moving and others asking about warmer parts of the country. See how that works when you read the thread before making comments. :)

12 pages...112 posts..Now that's what I call an entrance!

iu

Balancer has a well chosen name. I'm glad he's here. Makes USMB that much stronger and diverse.

We ALL like "diverse" -- don't we? Welcome to USMB.

Anything I can send you electronically from the USA?? You probably can get most anything you want in Moscow.

I'm familiar with him from a couple other boards; not a sock, and a good poster, not a troll nor an idiot.

Hello. I arrived from Moscow. This is in Russia, on the planet Earth, in the solar system, in the Milky Way galaxy. I came across your forum and decided to look around. Two years ago, electronic translators reached a level that allows them to communicate in English to those who do not know this language. And I just like that :) Since then I have been communicating in several Western political forums, trying to understand the Westerners' point of view on the events in Russia and, conversely, to convey to the West the view of Russia through the barriers of propaganda and the media. The work is ungrateful. Sisyphean labor. The KGB pays me very little, gives only free vodka, food for my tame bear and coupons for the Internet. You can consider me a Kremlin troll, if it is more convenient for you.

In addition to politics, I am interested in so many things. I am engaged in non-professional photography, amateur astrophoto. I read and watch science fiction. I'm interested in science from quantum physics and cosmology to linguistics and socionics. And much more.

Married, two children (daughter 9 years and son 2 years).

I work as a Web programmer. I've been on the Internet since 1997.

In Russia, I support a popular forum with a variety of topics that began 19 years ago as an aviation and space, and today its most popular sections are politics and the navy.

I hope that electronic translators do not make understanding me very difficult :)

Welcome. I read your posts on another forum frequently. Glad to have you here. Lot of trolls and astro-turfers here, but the lower forums are decent; the politics and Current Events largely a waste of time, unless you enjoy manifestations of severe mental illness and find deviants entertaining ... lol

iu

"12 pages...112 posts..Now that's what I call an entrance!"

The entrance is I think 8 out of 10.

The perfect 10 out of 10 entrance can only be achieved wearing a BVLGARI tiara of round cut diamonds and sapphires, the diamonds must be round cut and not any of this inferior pear cut or marquise cut etc. It is accurate that diamonds are a girls best friend.

Hey flacaltenn diamonds are a girls best friend :cool-45:

iu

"12 pages...112 posts..Now that's what I call an entrance!"

The entrance is I think 8 out of 10.

The perfect 10 out of 10 entrance can only be achieved wearing a BVLGARI tiara of round cut diamonds and sapphires, the diamonds must be round cut and not any of this inferior pear cut or marquise cut etc. It is accurate that diamonds are a girls best friend.

Hey flacaltenn diamonds are a girls best friend :cool-45:

Now just because I invited you on shoe shopping spree -- we're suddenly upping the deal to diamonds?? :laugh:

I do not know if it will be interesting, but I can share some photos and stories from everyday life. Right now I'm standing on the street, waiting for my daughter from school, I'm sorting out the photos on the phone. Nothing remarkable, but to some extent shows a simple life in Moscow :) So, yesterday my daughter's school class went to a lecture in the museum of Leo Tolstoy. Before the beginning photographed her classmates :)

20171210_120339.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Forum List

Back