Bacon: A Basic Food Group

bacon cheeseburger turtles

bacon-cheeseburger-turtles.jpg

mmmmmmm

Ok I guess I'm going so far back on one of our favorites that I can't even find a website for this recipe.

Called a Texas Twister.

Take your best hot dog that you love that you can stuff with cheese.

Slice your fave dawg right down the middle and stuff this baby with your ultimate fave cheese whether its jalapeno mozarella or blue cheese baby.

THEN take two pieces of bacon and pin both down with toothpicks and wrap in a spiral fashion

Drink your beer and deep fry till done.

From Channel 17 out of Buffalo a long long time ago Pennsylvania Diners Road Show.

I grabbed a pen to get the directions as son and husband ran to the grocery store.

:lol:

That sounds DELISH!

That sounds DELISH!

When I wasn't looking *cough * my husband joined the Republic of Bacon. Now if that isn't a scream for help I don't know what is.

So by the end of the winter I will have caved and gotten cable or we are buying the P90X work out video.

It's fun on the website. They have a Mexican version of our favorite Texas Twister but I don't think it beats the twister.

The newest recipe they came up with is killer.

Picture it....

Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

I have to try this recipe. And yes, I get bacon news right to my email....

I've got to get a life :lol:

Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe | Republicofbacon.com | Republic of Bacon

I'd add: hold the bread!

Carbohydrates are too fattening.

Boedicca, have you seen, or tried, a bread product called Sandwich Thins? I just discovered them and they are *delish** and with a total of 100 calories in two pieces. They also make great toast. I like thin bread products and thin crust with pizza. I used to also love milk gravy with bacon. I may go over to the USMB coffee shop and have that for breakfast. :)

I haven't tried those - I try to avoid carbs so those sound like a good solution.

I did make an exception to the Avoiding Carb Policy last night. Before the symphony, we had an earlier dinner at a restaurant called Sauce in Hayes Valley. What an oddly hip spot. The menu was largely interpretations of comfort food (mac & cheese, sloppy joe sliders, pot roast - with more typical CA cuisine things such as ahi tuna cups).

One of the items was an appetizer of home made tater tots with BACON dipping sauce. We had to split those. They were yummy.

I found the best way to make bacon, is in the George Foreman Grill, especially if you are making thick peppered bacon. It turns out perfect every time and is not as hard as a rock. Try it and you will thank me. :D

And 20% lower in fat...:lol:

i love thick bacon made sweet and spicey....

you use brown sugar, cayenne or crushed red pepper and then black pepper...damn good...but i have really not ran into a bacon i didnt like

Bacon is like a spice or an herb in my house. I would say I use it in at least 60% of my dishes

Go bacon :clap2:Try to take bacon from Americans and I think we would be looking at a revolution

At last: Bacon Flavored Soda!

When you're too lazy to make bacon, why not pop a bottle and just drink bacon instead?

J&D Foods, a company that specializes in all things bacon -- including bacon-flavored envelopes and the bacon Kevin Bacon sculpture that made headlines recently -- has taken the obsession one step further by coming up with a new drinkable pork product: bacon-flavored soda.

That's right, Coca-Cola is out, and swine soda is in.

J&D Foods owner Justin Esch told AOL News that his company recently partnered with Jones Soda to create a special-edition bacon-flavored drink just in time for the holidays....

Bacon-Flavored Soda Sizzles Onto Shelves

At last: Bacon Flavored Soda!

When you're too lazy to make bacon, why not pop a bottle and just drink bacon instead?

J&D Foods, a company that specializes in all things bacon -- including bacon-flavored envelopes and the bacon Kevin Bacon sculpture that made headlines recently -- has taken the obsession one step further by coming up with a new drinkable pork product: bacon-flavored soda.

That's right, Coca-Cola is out, and swine soda is in.

J&D Foods owner Justin Esch told AOL News that his company recently partnered with Jones Soda to create a special-edition bacon-flavored drink just in time for the holidays....

Bacon-Flavored Soda Sizzles Onto Shelves

I was just listening to this.

That is so ...

so ...

so disgusting

Forum List

Back