Baby, it's cold outside!!!

Wow. Are you in northern Maine? I grew up in Boston and I can't remember negative temps. We probably had them on rare occasion, but nothing sticks in my mind.
We lived in Massachusetts south of Worcester, black stone river valley and we got tons and tons and tons of snow and in the negative temps occasionally.

The coast is always warmer.

Northern and inland Maine... could be in the minus 30s and -40s with this Arctic cold front!

We are not northern Maine, but north of what is called Mid Coast Maine, near Acadia National Park region on the coast and in the woods at the same time!

We in the coastal region up here, have never been this cold either! In fact, I think they said this will be record lows for our area, never seen before, if we hit those predicted forecasts!

It just hit -13.... So it has dropped two more degrees since I started the thread!

I know where that is. I've been to Acadia, but it's been a long time.

We have about 10 full weeks of real summer, a lot of Spring and Fall weather pretending poorly to be summer, and 4 to 5 months of winter!
Sounds like here, but we had really mild weather this year until Hallowe'en. Usually we get snow and bitter cold temps from about Nov. 10 until April. Studded tire season.

It's in the 50's over here....overcast and i think there might've been a little bit of rain earlier. compared to what i'm used to, this is a cold yucky day. ;) but daaayum...I feel sorry for you all in the east and midwest.
Got up to 15. Low tonight 3. But that's the end of our cold streak. By Tuesday, we'll be pushing 50!

In the backyard with my dog for 2 minutes, it's insanely cold. It feels likke the arctic, my fingers still haven't warned up 10 minutes later. Wow

Sounds like here, but we had really mild weather this year until Hallowe'en. Usually we get snow and bitter cold temps from about Nov. 10 until April. Studded tire season.
We've had a very mild winter for the most part, this winter, until this Arctic front...even us going in to the 40s after this front passing is unusually warm for February.... I can't really complain about this winter, other than this thing now.

It's now -16!

My hubby is a Florida, born and raised boy! You can imagine how he is feeling and what he is mumbling right now! Like..."why in heavens name, did we move up here again?"

I had to remind him, that it was for peace and tranquility and to get close to nature! :)
I always enjoyed putting on my snow boots and walking thru the snow around my neighborhood.
Usually when the there's no wind it's cold....but beautiful. The streetlights would make the snow twinkle like diamonds.
I used to ski in the mountains back home in Montana all day and never got cold. It was usually around 10 or colder.

It is -11, that is MINUS ELEVEN!

AND it is suppose to get to MINUS 24! WOW! We have experienced once, in Maine -9, over the past 17 years living here.

-24? Holy Moley mother of goodness. I sure hope we don't lose power!

What is the temperature in your neck of the woods?
By Sunday it should be about 24 degrees and snowing in Maine.

Arctic steam fog over Lake Champlain. Never before seen here.
416B2723-739F-4E8E-866F-6BB9CEB4E805.jpeg

Forum List

Back