Baby, it's cold outside!!!

WOW! Matt ran out this morning to the store when it was 5 above zero and near froze! But we've been huddled inside since! Though he was feeling sorry for our critters so he went back outside this afternoon to the shed, to put deer corn out for our babies....two big huge piles, and threw a bunch of bird seed on top of the iced over snow for the early birds in the morning, if they survive! :(

It is suppose to be in the 40s starting Monday and thru the whole week! Weird weather!

Our birds have survived -24°, lots of finches, sparrows, doves, woodpeckers and jays.

-4F, =20F by dawn

I'm a Vermonter, so.....

hurricane-florence-forest-gump.gif

~S~

WOW! Matt ran out this morning to the store when it was 5 above zero and near froze! But we've been huddled inside since! Though he was feeling sorry for our critters so he went back outside this afternoon to the shed, to put deer corn out for our babies....two big huge piles, and threw a bunch of bird seed on top of the iced over snow for the early birds in the morning, if they survive! :(

It is suppose to be in the 40s starting Monday and thru the whole week! Weird weather!
Yeah. you gotta take care of your critters. I just saved a worm from making a run across the hot sidewalk down at the pool. But he's a dumb bugger and will probably either cook himself on the concrete or get eaten by a bird before the day is out.

This year has been unseasonably warm.
I've only seen the temp dip into the teens once this year.....and usually we have days upon days of the temps below 20 degrees.
I hear it's because of the magnetic poles shifting.
Usually magnetic North will drift and then correct itself...but it's been a bit longer than usual this year.

Interesting, thanks Mud!

Yeah. you gotta take care of your critters. I just saved a worm from making a run across the hot sidewalk down at the pool. But he's a dumb bugger and will probably either cook himself on the concrete or get eaten by a bird before the day is out.
:rofl::rofl:

My hubby is a Florida, born and raised boy! You can imagine how he is feeling and what he is mumbling right now! Like..."why in heavens name, did we move up here again?"

I had to remind him, that it was for peace and tranquility and to get close to nature! :)
Listen to your hubby and get the Hell out of there.

We picked a good time to come down here to Paradise Island. It's 70-85 every day. Got a little sunburn. But I hear it's in the low teens in Pa, not counting wind chill. Timing is big. Stay warm everyone
We were suppose to be in Florida staying with parents and sister for 3 months, but health issues have kept us here, till one last scan on Feb 10th and if all goes well, we will be in Florida the rest of the winter!

It is -11, that is MINUS ELEVEN!

AND it is suppose to get to MINUS 24! WOW! We have experienced once, in Maine -9, over the past 17 years living here.

-24? Holy Moley mother of goodness. I sure hope we don't lose power!

What is the temperature in your neck of the woods?

Wow. Are you in northern Maine? I grew up in Boston and I can't remember negative temps. We probably had them on rare occasion, but nothing sticks in my mind.

We were suppose to be in Florida staying with parents and sister for 3 months, but health issues have kept us here, till one last scan on Feb 10th and if all goes well, we will be in Florida the rest of the winter!
I hope that works out for you. Just put a little extra out for the critters before you go. Sounds to me like they need a little help from you guys,

AND it is suppose to get to MINUS 24! WOW! We have experienced once, in Maine -9, over the past 17 years living here.

This afternoon, 77 degrees and a bit cloudy.

We had those temps last week. Ten below with highs in single digits for four or five days. Wind chills -25 or so. It is fleeting. Supposed to be 40 today returning to our normal highs in the 20s and lows in the teens next week. Schizoid weather here this year. Cold one week, pineapple express the next. Weather.

My hubby is a Florida, born and raised boy! You can imagine how he is feeling and what he is mumbling right now! Like..."why in heavens name, did we move up here again?"

I had to remind him, that it was for peace and tranquility and to get close to nature! :)
I was raised and worked my career in the southwest but now live on the Canadian border in the NW. March 1 thru the 15th we will be residents of Hanalei Bay, HI.

Wow. Are you in northern Maine? I grew up in Boston and I can't remember negative temps. We probably had them on rare occasion, but nothing sticks in my mind.
We are not northern Maine, but north of what is called Mid Coast Maine, near Acadia National Park region on the coast and in the woods at the same time!

We in the coastal region up here, have never been this cold either! In fact, I think they said this will be record lows for our area, never seen before, if we hit those predicted forecasts!

It just hit -13.... So it has dropped two more degrees since I started the thread!

We are not northern Maine, but north of what is called Mid Coast Maine, near Acadia National Park region on the coast and in the woods at the same time!

We in the coastal region up here, have never been this cold either! In fact, I think they said this will be record lows for our area, never seen before, if we hit those predicted forecasts!

It just hit -13.... So it has dropped two more degrees since I started the thread!
Mt Washington may set a record tonight.

Wind chills will be in the minus 90s and minus 100s into Saturday at Mount Washington, New Hampshire, adding to this observatory's long history of weather extremes.
What's happening: Situated in the White Mountains of northern New Hampshire at 6,288 feet, the Mount Washington Observatory is facing a combination of extreme cold and strong winds from an intense blast of arctic air.

Wind Chill Record Broken: Wind chills dropped to -103 degrees by early Friday evening. This number may continue to fall overnight. The previous record was -102.7 degrees

Forum List

Back