Australia changes 1 word in anthem for PC

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
........yep, more dumbshit...change a word, remove statues, defund police = WON'T help or change anything---you will still have MURDERS/poverty/etc
..as I've stated many times, concentrate on non-problems instead of CRITICAL problems = problems will continue
ONE word!!!!!! hahhahahahahahahahhaha

We did the same in Canada. From "all thy sons command" to "all of us command". It's the way of the future I suppose, to alter all that was in our history, wherever possible. Citizens without history will lack patriotism. Without patriotism, a nation is a sitting duck for foreign takeover via ideas.

I don't sing the anthem much lately anyways. One gets jaded after awhile living in creepy Canada.

We did the same in Canada. From "all thy sons command" to "all of us command".

I don't sing the anthem much lately anyways. One gets jaded after awhile living in creepy Canada.
.....I try to think about if the shoe was on the other foot.....I'm male...if it said ''all they daughters''', I wouldn't care less.........
..proves what I say about obsession = only someone obsessed with race/gender/etc would think about that stuff---and obsession warps their thinking

We did the same in Canada. From "all thy sons command" to "all of us command". It's the way of the future I suppose, to alter all that was in our history, wherever possible. Citizens without history will lack patriotism. Without patriotism, a nation is a sitting duck for foreign takeover via ideas.

.....I could go through ALL kinds of governmental anthems/forms/statues/etc and find something ''''wrong''' with them

........yep, more dumbshit...change a word, remove statues

Australia had a civil war about slavery huh?

Yanno what Blubber, read your own link ---- the word that got 86ed was "young". Austalia's not so young any more.

Whattaya gonna do about it?

..as I've stated many times, concentrate on non-problems instead of CRITICAL problems = problems will continue

uh HUH.
sooooooooooooo this one-word edit took so much time it prevented Australia from doing ......................... what?

Prog women are our death. And we don't have the balls to call them out on it. We will at least see the prog women get their asses handed to them when the time comes.

uh HUH.
sooooooooooooo this one-word edit took so much time it prevented Australia from doing ......................... what?

For me it's not even about the one word. It was odd at first to hear the Canadian anthem sung differently, it's the ideal of changing history. We went from that to people demanding and succeeding in having John A Macdonald, our first PM, statue being removed.

Even Putin, for all his KGB ways has been more open about Stalins past, educating the youth. Today in the West we are looking at some deficiencies of past leaders and deciding "that's not cool by todays standards, so you must go".

Do they not realize, the heroes of today will be viewed the same way in the future? It's history for a reason.

uh HUH.

For me it's not even about the one word. It was odd at first to hear the Canadian anthem sung differently, it's the ideal of changing history. We went from that to people demanding and succeeding in having John A Macdonald, our first PM, statue being removed.

Even Putin, for all his KGB ways has been more open about Stalins past, educating the youth. Today in the West we are looking at some deficiencies of past leaders and deciding "that's not cool by todays standards, so you must go".

Do they not realize, the heroes of today will be viewed the same way in the future? It's history for a reason.

Number one, no national anthem is a "history" and number two, this post has absolutely nothing to do with the point in the post quoted.

uh HUH.
hahahhahahahahhahahahahah---they had to spend time debating/etc it--yes--WASTING time on CRAP when the real problems go unsolved --just like in the US....

Changed one word? They got off easy.
The U of Maryland chapel used to play the melody of the state song, ‘Maryland, My Maryland’ (Oh Christmas Tree) on the hour. Someone pointed out a reference —one word— to the US government as ‘tyrant’ in the second verse of the lyrics so they removed the entire melody. And that’s been at least ten years now.
Book-burning nazis.

uh HUH.
hahahhahahahahhahahahahah---they had to spend time debating/etc it--yes--WASTING time on CRAP when the real problems go unsolved --just like in the US....

Another non-answer, still waiting.

uh HUH.

.......just like removing the statues was going to solve ALL the problems--hahahahahhaha --crime/murder is up all over = idiocy

Changed one word? They got off easy.
The U of Maryland chapel used to play the melody of the state song, ‘Maryland, My Maryland’ (Oh Christmas Tree) on the hour. Someone pointed out a reference —one word— to the US government as ‘tyrant’ in the second verse of the lyrics so they removed the entire melody. And that’s been at least ten years now.
Book-burning nazis.

O Tannenbaum has a reference to "tyrant"?? :dunno:

And what does this melody have to do with "books"?

Speaking of German names though, member when German Shepherds got renamed "police dogs" so as to not contain a reference to Germany?

Member "freedom fries"?

Oh wait, I forgot we're trying to pretend this is a whole new thing here.

uh HUH.

.......just like removing the statues was going to solve ALL the problem

WHERE/WHEN did ANYBODY say that? Hm?

The anthem did not reflect the fact that some Australians had been there for 10000 years. Australia has not treated these people well and this is a small step to rectify that.

Its about nation building.

How does this change harm anyone ?

Forum List

Back