August 11 2011 Republican debate Thread

I have to go back and watch this debate tonight.

I will say though that I find it amusing that Ron Paul supporters like Stashman continue to use internet polls as evidence that he won the debate. Especially when on other websites, I see Ron Paul fans advocate to vote-bomb these polls with Paul.

The Fox News poll being one of the more popular ones.

The same thing happened back in 2008 too.

When you watch the debate tonight. Listen to the Paul supporters in the audience scream louder than normal every time he opens his mouth.

Having watched Paul I doubt if he supports some of the tactics his followers use

Last edited:
What I took away from it was that Ron Paul is a loon. Other than that, Romney was the big winner.

I will say though that I find it amusing that Ron Paul supporters like Stashman continue to use internet polls as evidence that he won the debate. Especially when on other websites, I see Ron Paul fans advocate to vote-bomb these polls with Paul.

When you watch the debate tonight. Listen to the Paul supporters in the audience scream louder than normal every time he opens his mouth.

It's a race to the rubber room between Ron Paul and Ron Paul supporters.

:lol:

How dare Ron Paul's supporters be more excited about their candidate than any other candidate's supporter.

It's a race to the rubber room between Ron Paul and Ron Paul supporters.

:lol:

That a fact? The only candidate on that stage to have predicted the economic crisis is on his way to the rubber room, huh?

People call Ron a loon because he is not reciting the same empty rhetoric as everyone else. What Paul says actually means something, not everyone understands it, so they call him a loon because they can only comprehend simple platitudes.

How dare Ron Paul's supporters be more excited about their candidate than any other candidate's supporter.

Lets make a small group of supporters sound like a much larger group
Just like how they flood internet polls with multiple votes

Its not their fault that Romney supporters don't know how to use the internet.

:lol: Ron Paul supporters flood polls. The Daily Paul among other websites direct users to websites they would not usually be on to vote in these polls for Ron Paul. I doubt you would be calling it fair if Newt supporters did such a thing.

So once again, how dare Ron Paul's supporters be more excited about their candidate than any other candidate's supporter. It's a shame the other candidates can't inspire that much energy and passion in their supporters, but let's not fault Ron Paul or his supporters for the failings of the rest of the field.

:lol: Ron Paul supporters flood polls. The Daily Paul among other websites direct users to websites they would not usually be on to vote in these polls for Ron Paul. I doubt you would be calling it fair if Newt supporters did such a thing.

How isn't it fair? They make their polls open to the public, and they get increased traffic.

How isn't it fair? They make their polls open to the public, and they get increased traffic.

You know as well as I do Kevin.

I just don't get why Ron Paul supporters feel the need to flood all these polls. Are they hoping that people suddenly change their mind in herd-like mentality when they see Ron Paul has a wide margin lead?

So once again, how dare Ron Paul's supporters be more excited about their candidate than any other candidate's supporter. It's a shame the other candidates can't inspire that much energy and passion in their supporters, but let's not fault Ron Paul or his supporters for the failings of the rest of the field.

The point is that only a fool would look at the antics of Ron Paul supporters and think that it will carry over to the General Election

You know as well as I do Kevin.

I just don't get why Ron Paul supporters feel the need to flood all these polls. Are they hoping that people suddenly change their mind in herd-like mentality when they see Ron Paul has a wide margin lead?

No, I don't. If you make a poll public then you're asking for people to vote. So a lot of Ron Paul supporters go to your poll and vote. Isn't that the purpose?

I don't personally participate in the poll flooding or what have you, but I see it going on as well as you. I've never thought it was that useful, but I don't really worry about what others want to do.

I think Ron Paul is a very smart man.

I think he truly believes in his policies.

I agree with much of what he says.

But here is the honest truth about why I don't support Dr. Paul, lampoon it at your leisure.

One of the main reasons I am a Conservative is...wait for it...I am personally conservative.

Ron Paul's platform is too much change too quickly, both for me and much of the party.

Taking a 90 degree corner at 100 MPH in your lumbering Vista Cruiser is going to kill you just as quickly as driving it over a cliff.

And the U.S.S. United States has a lot more momentum that the Vista Cruiser.

Trying to make huge course corrections over a short period will IMO do just as much damage as doing nothing.

I mean, talk about creating uncertainty!

What we need, again IMO, is small course corrections over 20 or 30 years to get the ship back on track.

Last edited:

The point is that only a fool would look at the antics of Ron Paul supporters and think that it will carry over to the General Election

Who cares? Even if what you said was true what does it matter? That being said, what you said isn't true at all. Look at the recent polling. Ron Paul is in third and polling right around 15%. His base of support is expanding beyond what it was in 2008 and beyond just his "internet army" or whatever it is you want to call us.

I think Ron Paul is a very smart man.

I think he truly believes in his policies.

I agree with much of what he says.

But here is the honest truth about why I don't support Dr. Paul, lampoon it at your leisure.

One of the main reasons I am a Conservative is...wait for it...I am personally conservative.

Ron Paul's platform is too much change too quickly.

Taking a 90 degree corner at 100 MPH in your lumbering Vista Cruiser is going to kill you just as quickly as driving it over a cliff.

And the U.S.S. United States has a lot more momentum that the Vista Cruiser.

Trying to make huge course corrections over a short period will IMO do just as much damage as doing nothing.

What we need is small course corrections over 20 or 30 years to get the ship back on track.

I like Ron Paul--but he goes over the top on some of his statements. I think we're going to see his son Rand Paul rise up in this country--and he may actually be the nominee for President one day.

I have to ask you this though. You appear to be a Perry supporter who will be announcing some time soon. What is it you like about him?

I find him to be a little to socially conservative to attract independents--and him being from Texas--he already has 3 strikes against him--as the American populace will associate him with G.W. Bush.

Who cares? Even if what you said was true what does it matter? That being said, what you said isn't true at all. Look at the recent polling. Ron Paul is in third and polling right around 15%. His base of support is expanding beyond what it was in 2008 and beyond just his "internet army" or whatever it is you want to call us.

Evidently, Ron Paul supporters care. They care enough to try to make it look like Ron Paul has much more support than he really does.

Paul may poll well in Iowa, but his national support is limited to that 10%

Evidently, Ron Paul supporters care. They care enough to try to make it look like Ron Paul has much more support than he really does.

Paul may poll well in Iowa, but his national support is limited to that 10%

Yes, we care about our candidate, but why do you care if Ron Paul isn't a threat? You don't like any of the Republicans so shouldn't you be focused on Romney, Bachmann, and Perry right now? They're the leading candidates at the moment. If Ron Paul is no threat to win the nomination then why do you care what his supporters do?

Forum List

Back