ATTN: Christians - no longer any need to worry about abortions

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Hey Christians. You guys always get so bent out of shape about the abortion issue because you say that even an embryo is alive. It really upsets you guys I can tell.

Well I've got some good news for you. You can relax now. The Bible actually says life begins when you draw your first breath:

Genesis 2:7 “He (God) breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”

Even though Adam had a fully formed human body - he was not alive until he started breathing.

Says so in the Bible.

There is absolutely no evidence in the Bible that God considers an embryo to be a "living being"

Hey Christians. You guys always get so bent out of shape about the abortion issue because you say that even an embryo is alive. It really upsets you guys I can tell.

Well I've got some good news for you. You can relax now. The Bible actually says life begins when you draw your first breath:

Genesis 2:7 “He (God) breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”

Even though Adam had a fully formed human body - he was not alive until he started breathing.

Says so in the Bible.

There is absolutely no evidence in the Bible that God considers an embryo to be a "living being"
There you go trying to define another's faith for them without any understanding of what their faith is.

The very fact that you think you can tells us all we need to know about your arrogance. The very personal reality of faith is not something you are going to define for other people - you can only define that faith for yourself.

Says so in the Bible.

Key word being " the man" meaning Adam. Not all men.

Says so in the Bible.

You do realize Adam wasn't birthed by a mother but created from God's will right? As was Eve. That was the beginning of human life which then was turned over to pregnancy and child birth to pro-create.

How long did you look for that bible verse? Or did one of your left wing idiot's come up with it for you? Either way it's a fail.

How many times must we tell you, Christians go by the New testiment...

We like pork, don't care if some one has a tattoo...

So the 10 commandments don't count any more?
Wow. Who knew.

But, uhh, why do so many Christians want the 10 commandments displayed at courthouses if they don't go by those any more?

And where does the New Testament say anything about when life begins? Are you actually telling me life began at first breath before Christ, but then after Christ it got moved up to conception? How the fuck does that even work?

Says so in the Bible.

There you go trying to define another's faith for them without any understanding of what their faith is.

I'm reading straight from the Bible of Christianity - literally.

The very fact that you think you can tells us all we need to know about your arrogance. The very personal reality of faith is not something you are going to define for other people - you can only define that faith for yourself.

You can't cite a single passage in the Bible where it says life begins at conception - can you?

Neither could the Founding Fathers. Its no wonder abortion was legal in most places at the time of our nation's founding.

Says so in the Bible.

So Adam - a fully formed adult male - is not a human life until he breathes - but the instant a sperm is admitted to an egg you've got a human life.

Sounds absurd to me. Do you have any Biblical evidence to back it?

Says so in the Bible.

You do realize Adam wasn't birthed by a mother but created from God's will right? As was Eve. That was the beginning of human life which then was turned over to pregnancy and child birth to pro-create.

How long did you look for that bible verse? Or did one of your left wing idiot's come up with it for you? Either way it's a fail.

You do realize that is not the only reference in the Bible to life beginning with breath, right? I mean, you're a Christian, right, so I'm sure you know of all the other places its mentioned.

BTW - where in the Bible does it say life begins at conception?

Says so in the Bible.

??? So life begins at different points for different people? Really? How the fuck does that work?

Says so in the Bible.

The Bible also says that God 'already knew you BEFORE you were conceived'.

Nice try.... :p

Says so in the Bible.

The Bible also says that God 'already knew you BEFORE you were conceived'.

Nice try.... :p

So are you saying life begins *before* conception? Seriously?

I really don't get your point. The issue is when does something that is not a living human being become a living human being, not when God Creates your soul. All the verses in the Bible that address the issue of when something becomes a living being say it is when it breathes its first breath - you are referring to peoples souls with your quote, not their bodies.

Last edited:

Says so in the Bible.

You can't cite a single passage in the Bible where it says life begins at conception - can you?

Neither could the Founding Fathers. Its no wonder abortion was legal in most places at the time of our nation's founding.
I don't need to. Nor do Christians. That is because they define their faith - not you.

Says so in the Bible.

I'm pro-choice, but here's what's wrong with your argument. Breathe means oxygen, the fuel. A baby is getting oxygen, fuel, through blood. You breathe for a reason, it's not an action which stands on it's own. A fetus gets the purpose of breathe through another means

Says so in the Bible.

Actually, the definition of murder under the system the founders created is State law. It's amazing how terrible liberals argue even when you're on the right side

Says so in the Bible.

I'm pro-choice, but here's what's wrong with your argument. Breathe means oxygen, the fuel. A baby is getting oxygen, fuel, through blood. You breathe for a reason, it's not an action which stands on it's own. A fetus gets the purpose of breathe through another means

If God wanted breathe to mean oxygen, God would have footnoted the Bible or written the word oxygen but-----but God didn't.

Says so in the Bible.

If God wanted breathe to mean oxygen, God would have footnoted the Bible or written the word oxygen but-----but God didn't.
You do understand when it was written, do you not?

Online Etymology Dictionary

Says so in the Bible.

Wow, thanks God. Or are you just his press agent?

Says so in the Bible.

You do understand when it was written, do you not?

Online Etymology Dictionary

Star understands only what she wants it to have meant

Forum List

Back