Attacks increase or decrease?

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
I actually just wanted to get everyone's opinion on what they think will happen. I've not been able to catch much news today (between football and Survivor finale). However, I did catch a comment (on Fox, I think) that the thought is the attacks against our soldiers will most likely increase in retaliation to Saddam's capture.

I'm not exactly sure if I think that way. I think Saddams "faithful army" and the attacks will diminish. IMHO, I believe the majority of the uprisings were in fear of 'if US left and Saddam came back in power, we better prove we are loyal to him'. But, now with his capture and his returning to power not being an option anymore, I think the "faithful army" and those planning attacks against our soldiers will falter away.

Your thoughts on if you think the ambushes and attacks will increase or decrease with Saddam's capture and why...?

I think they will most likely stay the same as i believe most of the current attacks are by al queda. It would seem that Saddam had very little control over iraqis after he left, he was in that rat hole for who knows how long! I don't think he was well connected to his army, it would take all of his time to elude U.S. forces, but that is all speculation.

I expect the attacks to increase short term then go away as the terrorist see that it is not going to bring saddam back or help him. may fear is that once they finally are made aware that they are indeed 'free' that the imphorai [spell] does cause short term problems.once all the iraqis are pulling the same way things are going to happen fast!!! they are a good lot over there glad they are free of the butcher of bagdad once and for all.

Forum List

Back