Attacking Cultural Sites

Trump threatens to "hit" Iranian cultural sites if they retaliate ...

https://www.salon.com › 2020/01/05 › trump-threatens-to-hit-iranian-cultu...

2 hours ago - Javad Zarif, Iran's foreign minister, tweeted it would be "a big(ly) 'no no'" if Trump attacked Iran culture sites.
Trump's threats draw Iran's cultural sites into tensions - The ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com › world › middle_east › 2020/01/05

6 hours ago - The United Nations Security Council also passed unanimously a resolution in 2017 condemning the destruction of heritage sites. Attacks by the
What Iran's foreign minister or the UN says isn't the same thing as what Trump says.
For my money they're pretty much the same , both shooting shit out of their mouths But gotta give the foreign minister a edge in brain power over trump

2 hours ago - Javad Zarif, Iran's foreign minister, tweeted it would be "a big(ly) 'no no'" if Trump attacked Iran culture sites.

6 hours ago - The United Nations Security Council also passed unanimously a resolution in 2017 condemning the destruction of heritage sites. Attacks by the
What Iran's foreign minister or the UN says isn't the same thing as what Trump says.
For my money they're pretty much the same , both shooting shit out of their mouths But gotta give the foreign minister a edge in brain power over trump
That's because you're an idiot.

Cooler heads around Trump NEVER prevail. In fact, most of the cooler heads are gone now and he's surrounded by a bunch of acting yes-men like Barr and Pompeo. Trump is gonna do what Trump wants to do. Scary to say the least.

Washington (CNN) Two senior US officials on Sunday described widespread opposition within the administration to targeting cultural sites in Iran should the United States launch retaliatory strikes against Tehran, despite President Donald Trump saying a day before that such sites are among dozens the US has identified as potential targets.

"Nothing rallies people like the deliberate destruction of beloved cultural sites. Whether ISIS's destruction of religious monuments or the burning of the Leuven Library in WWI, history shows targeting locations giving civilization meaning is not only immoral but self-defeating," one of the officials told CNN.

"The Persian people hold a deeply influential and beautiful history of poetry, logic, art and science. Iran's leaders do not live up to that history. But America would be better served by leaders who embrace Persian culture, not threaten to destroy it," they added.

Another official who formerly worked in both the Trump and Obama administrations told CNN: "As a matter of principle, we as a nation and as a military do not attack the culture sites of any adversary."​

Some senior US officials say they are deeply opposed to the idea of targeting cultural sites in Iran - CNNPolitics
Where is the evidence that Trump plans to attack any "cultural sites?" This appears to be a total fiction invented so morons like you can use it to attack Trump.

Again, uninformed and illiterate is no way to go through life son.

1. Verified account 22h22 hours ago
    ....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

54,258 replies57,881 retweets236,641 likes

Show this thread

2. Verified account 22h22 hours ago
    ....hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.....

6,463 replies37,165 retweets166,260 likes

Show this thread

3. Verified account 22h22 hours ago
    Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently....
Only the first tweet mentions anything about culture, and it doesn't say "cultural sites."

And what is "important to the Iranian culture" - Oh yes, that would be CULTURAL SITES. Jesus H Skippy! :icon_rolleyes:
Not necessarily. He may have used "culture" as a synonym for "society." That's what it appears to me he meant.

And Lincoln "appears to you" to be a traitor. Were you home skooled or WTF?

That's because you're an idiot.
Now if that came from someone I don't consider a moron ,I'd be hurt

Like I said, they ... volunteered. .....

And you didn't. Neither did I. The difference is that I am aware every day that I owe those men and women who have served a debt I can never repay. I express my gratitude to every veteran I run into because it is the least I should do. YOU are just an unworthy little fucking worm who does not deserve anything my great nation provides, including and especially the security that your betters have provided every minute of your meaningless mistake of a life.
Sorry, turd, but I don't buy the proposition that I owe them anything. You are "aware" of something that isn't true. You have failed to demonstrate that it's true. All you can do is spew your indiscriminate insults.

Worthless ingrate. You don’t deserve to be allowed in my country for a minute.

And you didn't. Neither did I. The difference is that I am aware every day that I owe those men and women who have served a debt I can never repay. I express my gratitude to every veteran I run into because it is the least I should do. YOU are just an unworthy little fucking worm who does not deserve anything my great nation provides, including and especially the security that your betters have provided every minute of your meaningless mistake of a life.
Sorry, turd, but I don't buy the proposition that I owe them anything. You are "aware" of something that isn't true. You have failed to demonstrate that it's true. All you can do is spew your indiscriminate insults.

It's also my country, asshole. You don't get to decide who can stay here.

You don't deserve it

Trump warns Iran: US has targeted '52 Iranian sites' and will 'hit very fast and very hard' if needed

I choose FoxNews to hopefully avoid the "that site sucks" debate.

What is your view of targeting cultural sites?

Is that not what ISIS did? Do we really want to copy their tactics?

Also, there are a large number of people in Iran that do not agree with what their leaders are doing, but start blowing up their heritage sites and we will galvanize them against us instead of against their leaders.

I say it is a terrible idea.

Trump is bluffing

This is a variation of the Conservative threat to blow up Mecca to punish Muslims

You don't deserve it
Ouch. . . . that hurts.

You still here?
I thought we told you to get the fuk out?

Trump warns Iran: US has targeted '52 Iranian sites' and will 'hit very fast and very hard' if needed

Also, there are a large number of people in Iran that do not agree with what their leaders are doing, but start blowing up their heritage sites and we will galvanize them against us instead of against their leaders.

It is a horrific idea. It's what ISIS did. It's what the Taliban did. It's what any number of brutal oppressive regimes did.

It all depends on what he means by cultural. If he is talking about ancient sites, I agree with you and oppose the practice. If he is talking Iranian revolutionary sites, I say fire away.

I agree in general per the distinction, but I oppose any strikes in Iran - things are escalating to a point of no return and we don't need that in that region. We don't need another war.

We don't need another war.

not really

but we've been tweeted into one.....

from the fool in office himself>>>>

20200103_143418-e1578080100387.jpg

Impeach this Ahole , how much worse could Pence be?

~S~

The U.S. should be showering presents on the Iranian people to win them over, not bombing their babies.

Who said any of these sites are "cultural?"

Right Blues?

Assassinate the shit out of those people. We obviously have a spy inside Iran and I k ow democrats want him revealed.. sick bastards..
but if you hear of a eminent attack stop it.
How's Baghdad? When will you be leaving since the Iraqi government just voted to kick all Americans out?

Attacking “cultural sites”...hmmmm?
You mean like the “cultural sites” attacked by LefTards on our own soil....statues of Robert E. Lee and the like? Those kinds of cultural sites?

That shit belongs in a museum - No reason to memorialize traitors and losers in the public square.

Because you say so huh?
Good, real Americans view Robert E Lee as a legitimate American badass...maybe the baddest badass of all...it is only unAmerican pieces of shit and fragile Father Government loving, nutless bitches whom don’t view him as such.

Right up there with Benedict Arnold.

It's also my country, asshole. ..

You’re no American.

Forum List

Back