Atheism's big LIE

Gardening and playing the harp, or any other of the activities you describe have eternal consequences with or without my participation.

On the other hand, the gods given to you by your family unit may be the wrong gods.

And?

You could spend eternity apart from the real gods.

That safety net of "living in heaven forever" seems to be the "hook" of religious belief - not for everyone perhaps - but a great many believers. Fear of death, fear of the unknown, fear of living life that can be cruel and short are mitigated by the promise of a father figure who will care for us.

The Bible teaches us the Way to live this life in the physical world. I suspect we will have a new set of instructions for the next. The Way of eternal (described as without beginning without end) life is described as loving and being loved. Love is eternal and God is love. I am not concerned about the next life. This life is the shadow, we will all move into the light next.
I'm afraid if you conducted your per the examples of the Biblical Gods (moreso in regard to the OT vs. the Christian co-option of the NT), there would be every reason to separate you from society. The saying "God is love" is contradicted by the God. The cruelty and viscious acts of the the OT and NT Gods are utterly horrific.

It's concerning that folks describe this life as "the shadows" vs. some claimed next life. That cheapens every idea of living one's life as compassionate, generous and being altruistic. Those attributes are goals I only sometimes achieve but they have no connection to zeeking "rewards in heaven". There is no requirement or need to add sentience and other anthropomorphic attributes to nature. Therefore, the theistic worldview unnecessarily complicates a simple concept in order to assign nature with a quasi-comforting personality.

The saying "God is love" is contradicted by the God. The cruelty and viscious acts of the the OT and NT Gods are utterly horrific.
You are reading modern English through Western culture. Try Ancient Hebrew through the lens of that culture.

The saying "God is love" is contradicted by the God. The cruelty and viscious acts of the the OT and NT Gods are utterly horrific.
You are reading modern English through Western culture. Try Ancient Hebrew through the lens of that culture.
You are reading what you prefer to read as opposed to what the bible actually conveys. Changing interpretations doesn't change the grotesque cruelties of the Biblical Gods. It's important to note that the various authors of what became the Bible lived in unpredictable and often ruthless times so their writing reflected those circumstances.

You are reading what you prefer to read as opposed to what the bible actually conveys. Changing interpretations doesn't change the grotesque cruelties of the Biblical Gods. It's important to note that the various authors of what became the Bible lived in unpredictable and often ruthless times so their writing reflected those circumstances.
Seek and find God. First. The Bible will not make sense being read in today's modern English through a Western culture lens. Read in this light one become flabbergasted that they got God so wrong. How did it happen? Second, begin studying ancient Hebrew and the history and cultures of the time. Turns out they didn't portray God differently from my experience--modern English and Western culture did that.

Brightness where?
Here light and brightness are all around us. It's the same there, but the brightness, light, and color there makes what is here seem pale in comparison. Shrug.
Willful, shameless BS dictates that the Bible really says the Easter Bunny would be God until the Energizer Bunny arrived and lasted longer. Believe me, I know. I've read and studied the Bible much longer and more deeply. Your "study" pales in comparison, stompy baby. Now, bow to me or suffer!

Seek and find God. First. The Bible will not make sense being read in today's modern English through a Western culture lens. Read in this light one become flabbergasted that they got God so wrong. How did it happen? Second, begin studying ancient Hebrew and the history and cultures of the time. Turns out they didn't portray God differently from my experience--modern English and Western culture did that.
I cant find any compelling reason to seek out Gods.. Reason and rationality are intrinsic attributes that that lead us to making sense of the universe and our place in it. We exist as reasoned and rational beings every day which allows us to make sense of our existence. The notion that we exist as some supernatural experiment of jerrymandering Gods makes no sense.

Even when we as individuals do things considered to be irrational, we are forced to do them within the confines of rationality.. How many people "rationally" interpret the actions of their gods even rough they admit their gods are beyond human understanding or comprehension? Reason, and the levels of conscious reason humanity has reached, is the one thing that truly separates us from the other beings on this planet. It is this aspect of the human mind that labels us as "sentient beings".

Brightness where?
Here light and brightness are all around us. It's the same there, but the brightness, light, and color there makes what is here seem pale in comparison. Shrug.
I have heard that before. "The evidence for the gods is all around you". Sounds a bit Ike a slogan.

So "there" (in "heaven"?), we find high intensity LED lighting?

That sounds like the Disney'fied version. Where do any of the gods promise bright, colorful lighting?

"The evidence for the gods is all around you"
I don't say that because it is not the kind of evidence people want. I do say seek and find. You are not going to find evidence because evidence relates to the physical realm.

That sounds like the Disney'fied version. Where do any of the gods promise bright, colorful lighting?
Disney is imitation. Imagine the opposite direction. Try picturing something more real than the world's reality.

Here presented and refuted are 3 BIG lies that Atheists spread about Christianity.

Sore, like a LYING Christian would ever tell the truth about Atheism.

However, you believe all atheists tell the truth about Christians all the time?

What the hell do you think atheists are lying about exactly?

That most of the wars are the fault of CHRISTIANS. That the world would be a much better place without CHRISTIANITY. That there is absolutely no proof of GOD. That life on earth came about naturally. That Christians are the most bias and hateful people on the planet. That Hitler was a model Christian. That Christians are uneducated and backward. How is that for starters? OH YES, LittleNipper needs a transcript because he didn't view the video...

There is no proof of a god...sorry but you need to hear the truth. Most of the wars? Wars are often caused by GREED, search for female slaves, and religion...Never heard of the christians being flat out blamed for most of the wars. If you are specifically referring to Hitler and WW2, that was all christianity--Catholics and Lutherans mostly and yes Hitler was a catholic. No one said that Hitler was a model christian----he was a catholic and like most all catholics extremely flawed as a person. Catholicism lives off flawed, broken, immoral people though so I don't know what you getting at. The nazis were primarily CATHOLICS and Lutherans.......Home schooled christians tend to be better educated than public school kids if that helps you out. Don't know what Little Nipper nor care about a video.......

Here presented and refuted are 3 BIG lies that Atheists spread about Christianity.

Sore, like a LYING Christian would ever tell the truth about Atheism.

However, you believe all atheists tell the truth about Christians all the time?

What the hell do you think atheists are lying about exactly?

That most of the wars are the fault of CHRISTIANS. That the world would be a much better place without CHRISTIANITY. That there is absolutely no proof of GOD. That life on earth came about naturally. That Christians are the most bias and hateful people on the planet. That Hitler was a model Christian. That Christians are uneducated and backward. How is that for starters? OH YES, LittleNipper needs a transcript because he didn't view the video...

There is no proof of a god...sorry but you need to hear the truth. Most of the wars? Wars are often caused by GREED, search for female slaves, and religion...Never heard of the christians being flat out blamed for most of the wars. If you are specifically referring to Hitler and WW2, that was all christianity--Catholics and Lutherans mostly and yes Hitler was a catholic. No one said that Hitler was a model christian----he was a catholic and like most all catholics extremely flawed as a person. Catholicism lives off flawed, broken, immoral people though so I don't know what you getting at. The nazis were primarily CATHOLICS and Lutherans.......Home schooled christians tend to be better educated than public school kids if that helps you out. Don't know what Little Nipper nor care about a video.......

It's all around you, bro. It;s called existence. God created it for you so you could share in it with Him.

Forum List

Back