Atheism.

Yes, and it all began with the Greeks around 5 BC. They had this word, "theos" meaning with Gods; therefore the opposite would be atheos or without Gods. Add the Greek suffix (ist) and it indicates followers and we have someone who does not follow God(s). Fun to note that atheism isn't some new phenomenon. People didn't believe in God(s) long before modern science.
Christians in ancient Rome were called atheists because they did not believe in the gods of Rome.

What is the word which describes a person who doesn't believe in Santa Claus?
How about not believing in fairies?
How about not believing in unicorn?

I don't know the answer to those questions. So, why is a person who doesn't believe in a God called an atheist? Like the previous examples,why have a name at all?

Ponder this. As an atheist, I don't believe in any one of the 2700 man made gods we know of.. As a believer, most have one particular God they worship.
That person is so very close to an atheists it's nearly impossible to discover why they aren't. They've rejected the other 2699 but not the one they inherited from their parents. Their beliefs are in an extremely small portion of discredited gods.

Just a thought.
I dont believe in "god" but im not an atheist. I dont reject the concept of a supreme being.
Of course, I dont reject the astronaut theory, either.
Could be one in the same :dunno:

I dont believe in "god" but im not an atheist. I dont reject the concept of a supreme being.
It's just a good thing I'm not God.

Sadly, this would be me if I were.

You're right about the I dunno.
You don't believe in God but
Reject the concept of a supreme being.
I don't think you have a place in this discussion.

You're right about the I dunno.
You don't believe in God but
Reject the concept of a supreme being.
I don't think you have a place in this discussion.
"I dont reject" is clearly what i said.
If you cant read basic English, maybe you are on the wrong website. :D

"I dont reject" is clearly what i said.
If you cant read basic English, maybe you are on the wrong website.

My mistake. So your now saying you are a godbotherer. You are co fused then.

Furthermore, don't encourage me to leave because I'm up your nose. Of you didn't want a bit if stick from me, Don't inject yourself in at all.

The human race has evolved based on a belief of God or a higher power. The same can not be said for the examples you list.

The human race did not evolve based on God. That's a complete oxymoron.
Every person ever born was born an atheist /agnostic etc. They were then infected by their parents.
Neanderthal had no concept of natural phenomena like lightning etc and ignorantly invented a God as a result.
You haven't developed far from that now.
In fact, your belief in a God is basically no different. No evidence or reason. Just pure faith and that equates to nothing.
Have another go

The human race did not evolve based on God. That's a complete oxymoron.
Every person ever born was born an atheist /agnostic etc. They were then infected by their parents.
Neanderthal had no concept of natural phenomena like lightning etc and ignorantly invented a God as a result.
You haven't developed far from that now.
In fact, your belief in a God is basically no different. No evidence or reason. Just pure faith and that equates to nothing.
Have another go

There's nothing funny about it. It's fact.
It demonstrates what a fool you are.
Stick with your bible and let the adults tell the truth.

Furthermore, don't encourage me to leave because I'm up your nose. Of you didn't want a bit if stick from me, Don't inject yourself in at all.

:rofl:
Im not claiming any different than i did my first post, dumbass. You just cant read English.
And apparently you cant write it either. What fucking language is that? Geezus

There's nothing funny about it. It's fact.
It demonstrates what a fool you are.
Stick with your bible and let the adults tell the truth.
Its a fact neanderthals invented the concept of "gods?" LINK?
You have acknowledged I dont believe in God but you say i need to stick with my bible?
You really are stupid. Like the "I feel bad for you" kind of stupid.

I don't know the answer to those questions. So, why is a person who doesn't believe in a God called an atheist?

Because many people want to pretend that not believing in a god is the same sort of conviction as believing in a god, that each is equally a matter of "faith". I'm not sure why they want to do this. Maybe it's a wedge for some other argument they're having?

Last edited:

:rofl:
Im not claiming any different than i did my first post, dumbass. You just cant read English.
And apparently you cant write it either. What fucking language is that? Geezus

I always know when my opponents are beaten. They focus on the grammar and the bio. Then question your intelligence then usually recommend medication.
The last resort before they condemn me to hell is they start swearing for no reason. Sound familiar dickhead?

Its a fact neanderthals invented the concept of "gods?" LINK?
You have acknowledged I dont believe in God but you say i need to stick with my bible?
You really are stupid. Like the "I feel bad for you" kind of stupid.

I reiterate what I said. You're opinion is as valuable as a fart.

I always know when my opponents are beaten. They focus on the grammar and the bio. Then question your intelligence then usually recommend medication.
The last resort before they condemn me to hell is they start swearing for no reason. Sound familiar dickhead?
Beaten? You still havent even acknowledged what I ACTUALLY said :lol:
And we arent talking grammar mistakes. Do you know the difference in terminology and grammar? Apparently not.
You make no fucking sense. I feel like im trying to tell a blind person something through sign language.

I don't know the answer to those questions. So, why is a person who doesn't believe in a God called an atheist? Like the previous examples,why have a name at all?

Ponder this. As an atheist, I don't believe in any one of the 2700 man made gods we know of.. As a believer, most have one particular God they worship.
That person is so very close to an atheists it's nearly impossible to discover why they aren't. They've rejected the other 2699 but not the one they inherited from their parents. Their beliefs are in an extremely small portion of discredited gods.

Just a thought.
The very word is an "oxymoron"...........Atheist: Against Deity. Which begs to ask the question. How can one not believe in something that does not exist? By declaring they are against deity, its a confession that deity must exist in the first place. Atheism simply means "AGAINST GOD".

What's involved in atheism? GREED/MATERIALISM, JEALOUSY, LOYALITY TO TRADITION (I don't believe because its the in vogue thing to do), AMBITION, SELSFISHNESS, SEXUALITY (I don't believe because it judges my sexuality), IGNORANCE (I have never attempted to study faith/religion), BIAS/PREJUDICE, PRIDE. These are the moral codes that God is against, thus: If you are an atheist......by definition you adhere to these moral traits.

Throughout history there have been those who self proclaim to be superior to others.......even superior to the God of Creation, or if you are a naturalist, superior to nature. (sound familiar? mankind can change the weather through the control of carbon and carbon credits). Read the manifesto that all PROGRESSIVES adhere.......the elite know better than the masses and they must for the (wink, wink) good of society control all aspects of human life. Again.....sound familiar? The government must control what goes into your body.......for your own good, you can't eat certain foods or use certain products without paying a penalty (sin taxes made so high as to discourage the use of products that can't be outlawed)..........you must pay a progressive tax (wink, wink) for the good of THE PEOPLE

A good example of the type of people that have become atheists, take the statement by Richard Dawkins of Oxford University, "It is absolutely safe to say that if you meet someone who does not believe in evolution.........THAT PERSON IS IGNORANT, STUPID, OR INSANE (or WICKED, I'd rather not say that......." He just did...........

An Atheist is simply an elitist :asshole: demonstrating that they are an elitist :asshole:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back