Atheism.

Colin norris

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2021
What is the word which describes a person who doesn't believe in Santa Claus?
How about not believing in fairies?
How about not believing in unicorn?

I don't know the answer to those questions. So, why is a person who doesn't believe in a God called an atheist? Like the previous examples,why have a name at all?

Ponder this. As an atheist, I don't believe in any one of the 2700 man made gods we know of.. As a believer, most have one particular God they worship.
That person is so very close to an atheists it's nearly impossible to discover why they aren't. They've rejected the other 2699 but not the one they inherited from their parents. Their beliefs are in an extremely small portion of discredited gods.

Just a thought.

1634712328542.png

Not having an imagination explains not having any creativity on your part as you experience the world.

Do you only see things in various shades of gray or is it all just all black and white to you?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

• Banned
View attachment 553972

Not having an imagination explains not having any creativity on your part as you experience the world.

That sort of emphasises my.point. If it's your imagination making the decisions, you've got nothing.

Do you only see things in various shades of gray or is it all just all black and white to you?

I don't care if you worship malignant tumours so long as you have evidence it has supernatural powers.
That's the position believers put themselves in which to me is black and white. It would appear that it is the godbotherers who have grey areas.

1634713295314.png

"That sort of emphasises my.point. If it's your imagination making the decisions, you've got nothing."
^^^Colin norris^^^

What makes you..... think my imagination is making the decisions?

"I don't care if you worship malignant tumours so long as you have evidence it has supernatural powers."
^^^Colin norris^^^

Where did I state that God had supernatural powers?

"That's the position believers put themselves in which to me is black and white. It would appear that it is the godbotherers who have grey areas."
^^^Colin norris^^^

Your inability to realize that the proof of God's existence is all around you is your problem I assure you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 553972

*****CHUCKLE*****

Imagination is good as long you don't hear voices in your head, as most people Christians believe Jesus is their best friend.

You must believe "Where did I state that God had supernatural powers?" in that he would just be another human.

..there is no god..no one can prove it...and don't even say that dumbshit ''you can't prove there isn't''''
...so, yes, the word '''atheism'' is ridiculous = there is no god to believe in/it's a fairy tale like Santa

..there is no god..no one can prove it...and don't even say that dumbshit ''you can't prove there isn't''''
...so, yes, the word '''atheism'' is ridiculous = there is no god to believe in/it's a fairy tale like Santa
Show me proof of God.

Because a significant number of adults believe in god(s) and it's a very relevant distinction in our culture. The same is not true for Santa Clause.

From an atheists view, they both have the same status, they don't exist, but one has a name.
My point is, why name us atheists. Why use a name at all.
What are people called who dont believe in Santa Claus?

If you met a person on the street and he never spoke of any religion or atheism, what would you call him?

What is the word which describes a person who doesn't believe in Santa Claus?
How about not believing in fairies?
How about not believing in unicorn?

I don't know the answer to those questions. So, why is a person who doesn't believe in a God called an atheist? Like the previous examples,why have a name at all?

Ponder this. As an atheist, I don't believe in any one of the 2700 man made gods we know of.. As a believer, most have one particular God they worship.
That person is so very close to an atheists it's nearly impossible to discover why they aren't. They've rejected the other 2699 but not the one they inherited from their parents. Their beliefs are in an extremely small portion of discredited gods.

Just a thought.
I have to say, I don't believe in your gods of the Left who have inflicted so much oppression and death last century as well as this one.

Obama was just an empty suit, nothing there really at all.

1634724025979.png

And Biden? He is even more vacuous, so much so that calling him an empty suit is giving him too much credit. In fact, do you hear that sucking sound? That is the sound coming from the leaderless Oval Office.

Government will not lead to our "collective salvation" just like opposing government at times when they should be opposed will not lead to automatic damnation.

The atheist cannot help but worship at the feet of the state once they have rejected the God that formed them and gave them life. For you see, it is how we are wired. We require a God.

Because the distinction is relevant. There aren't giant swathes of adults arguing over whether or not Santa is real.

Why is it relevant to the point religion labelled them that? Couldn't it be they be non believers as opposed to believers?

It is not generally accepted as reality that no god(s) do or can exist.

It doesn't have to be accepted if there's a god or not. Everything else on earth is based on available evidence and not only is there none for God but there no reason for a god when everything is explained.

I have to say, I don't believe in your gods of the Left who have inflicted so much oppression and death last century as well as this one.

Obama was just an empty suit, nothing there really at all.

View attachment 553993

And Biden? He is even more vacuous, so much so that calling him an empty suit is giving him too much credit.

Government will not lead to our "collective salvation" just like opposing government at times when they should be opposed will not lead to automatic damnation.

The atheist cannot help but worship at the feet of the state once they have rejected the God that formed them and gave them life. For you see, it is how we are wired. We require a God.
Shut up you stupid fool. You're paranoid and delusional.
As if republicans are sanctamonious and unblemished and why assume all democrats are atheists and communists?
You're barking mad dickhead.

Forum List

Back