Zone1 At the wedding in Cana our Lord Jesus changed water into wine

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
At the wedding in Cana our Lord Jesus changed water into wine
That is well known.
And at the Last Supper everybody had wine.

Why is it then that some Christian think that wine is "un-Christian"?
Can you tell me?

1 Corinthians 6:10 - Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:10 - Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
That still doesn't really explain it. There's a huge difference between having a drink, or two, and being a consumate drunkard. I've even asked a Baptist co-worker about this prohibition in the Baptist convention, and the answer was shocking. He went into some convoluted diatribe about how what the Bible called wine, wasn't actually wine at all but rather some kind of grape flavored drink. It was pure nonsense. There's no other way to word it...

That still doesn't really explain it. There's a huge difference between having a drink, or two, and being a consumate drunkard. I've even asked a Baptist co-worker about this prohibition in the Baptist convention, and the answer was shocking. He went into some convoluted diatribe about how what the Bible called wine, wasn't actually wine at all but rather some kind of grape flavored drink. It was pure nonsense. There's no other way to word it...

Many people believe the wine had no alcohol.

I can understand that point of view. Why would God tempt/influence his people with something that would lead them astray?

That being said, I believe as long as you don't let it control you/your life, it is ok to have a few drinks from time to time.

Is their evidence the wine Jesus provided had alcohol? :dunno:

So for YOU anybody who has a glass of wine is a "Drunkard", including Jesus and the 12 Apostles?

He went into some convoluted diatribe about how what the Bible called wine, wasn't actually wine at all but rather some kind of grape flavored drink. It was pure nonsense. There's no other way to word it...

Exactly!
It is a very stupid nonsense - and just NOT TRUE. :)

At weddings in Palastine in those days REAL WINE was had.
Any host who dared to cheat his guests with grape juice would have been chased out of the country.
And rightly so. :)

Btw:

Must we have a poll now whether that was real wine or not? :)

At the wedding in Cana our Lord Jesus changed water into wine
That is well known.
And at the Last Supper everybody had wine.

Why is it then that some Christian think that wine is "un-Christian"?
Can you tell me?

The water wasn't healthy. In the stories Jesus quenches spiritual thirst or hunger. Maybe it's not supposed to be taken literally.

At weddings in Palastine in those days REAL WINE was had.
Any host who dared to cheat his guests with grape juice would have been chased out of the country.
And rightly so. :)

Do you have evidence that Jesus provided alcohol to his people?

Many people believe the wine had no alcohol.

I can understand that point of view. Why would God tempt/influence his people with something that would lead them astray?

That being said, I believe as long as you don't let it control you/your life, it is ok to have a few drinks from time to time.

Is their evidence the wine Jesus provided had alcohol? :dunno:
There is a poll now: :)

Forum List

Back