At least 75 killed in Yemen violence

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Looks like the killings are still going on in Yemen.

Staff Writer, Al Arabiya News
Saturday, 1 February 2014

Fighting between Yemeni tribesmen and Houthi rebels killed at least 60 people in the north of the country on Friday, while at least 15 soldiers were killed by suspected al-Qaeda militants in the south, Al Arabiya News Channel reported.

Pro-government Hashid tribes battled the Houthi rebels north of the Yemeni capital in the Arhab region just 40 kilometers north of Sanaa, where tribesmen said they had recaptured several areas.

The rebels have been pushing out from their stronghold in the mountains of the far north to other areas nearer the capital, where most of the population follow the Zaidi branch of Shiite Islam, to lay a stake to their own autonomous unit in a promised federal Yemen, political sources say.

Continue reading at:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New.../01/At-least-75-killed-in-Yemen-violence.html

What a shame.. Yemen has always been so poor and violent.. and the country is awash in guns.

Last time I was in Arabia the Saudis had established a college for hospitality and related services for Yemeni students.. so there were some nice young people working in the 5 star hotels in KSA.

If only Yemen could be law abiding and peaceful to finally develop their oil business, the revenues would help them a lot.

What a shame.. Yemen has always been so poor and violent.. and the country is awash in guns.

Last time I was in Arabia the Saudis had established a college for hospitality and related services for Yemeni students.. so there were some nice young people working in the 5 star hotels in KSA.

If only Yemen could be law abiding and peaceful to finally develop their oil business, the revenues would help them a lot.

Another fairy-tale from Shaarona regarding Saudi Arabia. Perhaps she can find some infoprmation for us which will prove what she is always saying. The Internet is a great tool for backing up what one says.

Looks like the killings are still going on in Yemen.

And?? ... :cool:

And your Sunni brothers are busy killing innocent people all over the Muslim world. By the way, since this is the Middle East forum, instead of your asinine "And," "Do Tell" and "No Doubt," you could at least occasionally give us some news about what is happening in the Arab countries in the Middle East. Why be so shy aout this?

I must have mised it. In which paragraph were Yemeni students mentioned?

I mentioned the Yemeni hospitality graduates who worked at many of the 5 star hotels where I stayed. One particularly well dressed and personable young guy acted as a guide to our convoy.

I also linked the information about Yemeni oil production fluctuating with the level of violence and instability.

I also linked a comprehensive article about the Critical Threat from Iran sponsored Al Houthis.

Yes. and I met the Purple People Eater at a five-star hotel in Timbuctu. He really impressed me.

Yes. and I met the Purple People Eater at a five-star hotel in Timbuctu. He really impressed me.

Sally.. you have never been anywhere ..

Jungers was my neighbor.

Aramco ExPats Articles | The Caravan Goes On: How Aramco and Saudi Arabia Grew Up Together

And Zaki Yamani sometimes came to dinner.

It was never that I was so important but, my father and mother were.. I was invited as a guest of the SAG to honor them.

I might have never been to Saudi Arabia as you claim you have, but I think my friend who worked as a civil engineer for Bechtel is more believablable than you and all your stories are. However, keep on with them because they are very, very amusing.

And your Sunni brothers are busy killing innocent people all over the Muslim world.
Why do you always assume the Sunni's are the ones causing the problems?

And why do you always refer to the other side as innocent? ... :cool:

Sunni rebels are responsible for some incredibly brutal massacres in Syria of innocent civilians.
You can ignore it all you want, but it won't make it go away :cool:

Sally.. you have never been anywhere ..

Jungers was my neighbor.

Aramco ExPats Articles | The Caravan Goes On: How Aramco and Saudi Arabia Grew Up Together

And Zaki Yamani sometimes came to dinner.

It was never that I was so important but, my father and mother were.. I was invited as a guest of the SAG to honor them.

I might have never been to Saudi Arabia as you claim you have, but I think my friend who worked as a civil engineer for Bechtel is more believablable than you and all your stories are. However, keep on with them because they are very, very amusing.

You might enjoy this slide show.

Abha-Gen-00114 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have known dozens of people who worked with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia.

Silly-Sally hates to hear anything positive about muslims.

It drives her into a foaming at the mouth rabid frenzy. .. :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Yes. Sharoona has "known" dozens of these people just like I know dozens of Pakistanis who invite me in for refreshments.

Forum List

Back