Asteroid FT3, will come barreling past our home planet on October 3, 2019

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
TF3 is a huge asteroid, another one that will pass near the earth. it's more and more frequent:dunno:

NASA: 2,700 MEGATON Asteroid Might Hit Earth This October 3….

NASA expects the flyby to mark the first of 165 approaches between 2019 and 2116

NASA further estimates the asteroid weighs an incredible 55,000,000,000kg.

If the asteroid were to ever hit the Earth, at the point of atmospheric entry, the rock would slam into the planet at 20.37km per second or more than 45,500mph.

The force of impact would likely be equal to 2,700 megatons of TNT or 2,700,000,000 tonnes of TNT.

More in the link : NASA: 2,700 MEGATON Asteroid Might Hit Earth This October – The Clover Chronicle

Last edited:
Are they really more and more frequent..... or are we simply better at detecting them now?

The largest nuclear bomb ever detonated was the Russian Tsar bomb, at 20 megaton. A 2,700 megaton force of impact from a chuck of rock that size would be equivalent to 54 of those.

Are they really more and more frequent..... or are we simply better at detecting them now?
I think it's only 25% of asteroids that are listed on the 5% explore the universe? the earth hold on to a thread if I can express myself that way.

Last edited:
TF3 is a huge asteroid, another one that will pass near the earth. it's more and more frequent:dunno:

NASA expects the flyby to mark the first of 165 approaches between 2019 and 2116

If the asteroid were to ever hit the Earth, at the point of atmospheric entry, the rock would slam into the planet at 20.37km per second or more than 45,500mph.

The force of impact would likely be equal to 2,700 megatons of TNT or 2,700,000,000 tonnes of TNT.

More in the link : NASA: 2,700 MEGATON Asteroid Might Hit Earth This October – The Clover Chronicle

Fake News.

Fake News.
How ?

Fake News.
How ?

Other than the fact that NASA does NOT include FT3 as a high risk object, try looking at the asteroid's ephemeris instead of just reading stupid web articles.

Fake News.
How ?

Other than the fact that NASA does NOT include FT3 as a high risk object, try looking at the asteroid's ephemeris instead of just reading stupid web articles.
Ok Sir no need to be rude...i will not make thread about asteroide since i Don't work for the NASA

Ok Sir no need to be rude...i will not make thread about asteroide since i Don't work for the NASA

Fuck him. You can post whatever you want.
Merci Natural Citizen, i really like this section and i search in French for the asteroid FT3 and then look for the link in English in the french link, i was sure about my thread but i was wrong :)

Merci Natural Citizen, i really like this section and i search in French for the asteroid FT3 and then look for the link in English in the french link, i was sure about my thread but i was wrong :)

Science is about questions. It's never wrong to question. What's wrong is to contend that we already have all of the answers and that no more questions need asking. Just because it isn't a high impact risk does not in any way mean that there is no risk.

Forum List

Back