Assisted suicide for depression?

I'd rather be dead than do chemotherapy.
Why?

Because I saw someone go through chemo. He spent his last year and a half of life in agony and his last month or so begging people to kill him. Another did one treatment and said she would rather be burned alive than do another.
Everybody is different and it's impossible to know before treatment how it will affect you.
Luckily for me, I've been able to take it full strength for over six years but I've been sat next to people who have had severe reactions after only one or two treatments. Few get past twenty.

For me, there has been plenty of side effects that have changed over the years, The worst of which is a lack of energy, but when it's the difference between life and death I would advise everyone unfortunate to need it to at least try it.

Yes. It is murder when the person doesn't consent. That's the way it ends up. It ends up with people being killed for their own good. They don't want to die. A panel of people who claim to know better want them to die.
That's how you think it will end up.
That is just how it's ending up. People fighting for their lives are held down and murdered.
the family and who ever had legal power of attorney made the decision legally for the person with dementia.

The Doctor just didn't come in and say "I'm killing your mother today because I think it's for her own good".
If the family made the decision it wasn't the individual making that decision for themselves was it? No one decided to terminate their lives. It wasn't assisted suicide was it?. That is what is wrong with compassionate end of life care. It stops being voluntary.

Suicide is a choice but the only time anyone should get help dying is when they are terminally ill
That's the way it starts out. It quickly moves to being held down begging for your life while those in white coats murder you. For your own good of course.

yeah it's no different from those people in white coats making you linger in excruciating pain because suicide is a sin
Tipsy needs the guys with white coats. And butterfly nets. And straitjackets. And antipsychotics.
Yet you are the one that's suicidal.

Quick question ? I know this one “sorry guy “
I mean life has really “ kicked the crap out of him”
I have meet him a few times at work . He is basically a “half dead zombie “ I won’t mention anything else . He looks sad !!

Do you think the Pol Pot states should have assisted suicide for “ defeated folks who don’t have the balls to do it themselves “

Maybe the state gives you a batch of shrooms and vodka for a few hours as you “trip balls” , then the gas goes off .

Just feel bad for this “ broken down guy “
I don't know why you would need a law for assisted suicide in the US. If someone wants to die all they have to do is go buy a gun and do it.
It is probably why the suicide rate in the US is 60 times higher than the rate it is in the UK that is after making adjustments for the difference in population.

You cant assist someone with Dementia/Alzheimers to commit suicide as they can't be considered fully capable of making that decision so it would be murder.

My biggest fear if living in the US would be living with a terminal illness and being incapable of working and not being able to afford treatment. When I was diagnosed with terminal cancer I was told I had no more than 6 months even with chemotherapy.
However, I have had 118 chemotherapy treatments over 6.5 years that would have cost
£708,000. Because we have the NHS treatment is free.

What do you do in the US if you haven't got that sort of money on top of having to pay the bills for 6.5 years?
You need insurance
If you don’t get it and pay the monthly fees , then you die!! Very simple , you die

I have meet him a few times at work . He is basically a “half dead zombie “ I won’t mention anything else . He looks sad !!

Do you think the Pol Pot states should have assisted suicide for “ defeated folks who don’t have the balls to do it themselves “

Maybe the state gives you a batch of shrooms and vodka for a few hours as you “trip balls” , then the gas goes off .

I don't know why you would need a law for assisted suicide in the US. If someone wants to die all they have to do is go buy a gun and do it.
It is probably why the suicide rate in the US is 60 times higher than the rate it is in the UK that is after making adjustments for the difference in population.

You cant assist someone with Dementia/Alzheimers to commit suicide as they can't be considered fully capable of making that decision so it would be murder.

My biggest fear if living in the US would be living with a terminal illness and being incapable of working and not being able to afford treatment. When I was diagnosed with terminal cancer I was told I had no more than 6 months even with chemotherapy.
However, I have had 118 chemotherapy treatments over 6.5 years that would have cost

What do you do in the US if you haven't got that sort of money on top of having to pay the bills for 6.5 years?
You need insurance
If you don’t get it and pay the monthly fees , then you die!! Very simple , you die
So what if you have a shit job and can't afford insurance or your unemployed?
When I say NHS treatment is free, we do of course have to pay a National Insurance Stamp throughout our working lives How much we pay depends on how much we earn. Top earners pay a lot more than those on minimum wage, yet there will be no difference to the extent and quality of treatment when needed.

Bad enough that doctors who are sworn to "do no harm" get away with engaging in assisted suicide for the "good of the patient" but now the pop generation thinks their years of video games and watching soap operas gives them the skills to recognize certain mental illnesses. That's fine and dandy but the scary part is that they think they can commit murder because "life has kicked the crap" out of their friend. Is it a confession?

You need insurance
So what if you have a shit job and can't afford insurance or your unemployed?
When I say NHS treatment is free, we do of course have to pay a National Insurance Stamp throughout our working lives How much we pay depends on how much we earn. Top earners pay a lot more than those on minimum wage, yet there will be no difference to the extent and quality of treatment when needed.
Well you will be millions of dollars broke and these doctors normally won’t even see you w/o insurance.
You normally just either die in agonizing pain or you just drink Texas whiskey and take a 9mm to your temple

Or Is that Tennessee whiskey ?
Then sir, you can die like a real “ red white and blue “ American

Yes. It is murder when the person doesn't consent. That's the way it ends up. It ends up with people being killed for their own good. They don't want to die. A panel of people who claim to know better want them to die.
That's how you think it will end up.
That is just how it's ending up. People fighting for their lives are held down and murdered.
the family and who ever had legal power of attorney made the decision legally for the person with dementia.

The Doctor just didn't come in and say "I'm killing your mother today because I think it's for her own good".
If the family made the decision it wasn't the individual making that decision for themselves was it? No one decided to terminate their lives. It wasn't assisted suicide was it?. That is what is wrong with compassionate end of life care. It stops being voluntary.
What part about dementia do you not understand?

No one with dementia is capable of making decisions. That's why we have power of attorney and medical proxies.

Forum List

Back