Assault rifles for self defense

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

Private individuals should not be allowed to carry "assault" rifles.

Government agents need to practice using humans:

NAZI Mass Graves

Rambo would be proud...

The Rambo you are talking about is a creation of idiots that don't know anything about guns. I can tell you right now that there is no way anyone can fire 2 M-60s from the hip and not end up on his ass, which explains why the Rambo in the book didn't even try.

I may have posted this before, but here goes again.

Can someone point to where it says that we can bear arms, but only in self defense?

anyone?

Many PDs issue "assault weapons" (let's just put it that way. They are AR-15s). I guess they have no need for them. Take them away and save the taxpayers money, right?

Many PDs issue "assault weapons" (let's just put it that way. They are AR-15s). I guess they have no need for them. Take them away and save the taxpayers money, right?

Let's not confuse people Police departments have actual assault weapons they have a selector switch that will fire in a semi automatic position or automatic or burst position.

So based on the CHANCE of someone using a weapon for criminal activites, I have to lose my right to own said weapon, even with no prior bad acts and no current indication of any potential malicous activities?

So I guess because I MAY use fighting words on someone, I have to be gagged and prevented from speaking entirely.
again, no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but it has been shown already that certain weapons in the hands of the public do not serve a public good. these include assault weapons and high capacity magazines. no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but if you are a real hunter, there a number of weapons available that are not assault weapons that have very high rankings.

50 Best Hunting Rifles of the Past 10 Years -- Photo 18 | Outdoor Life

the second amendment ain't about deer-hunting, jerkwad...

So based on the CHANCE of someone using a weapon for criminal activites, I have to lose my right to own said weapon, even with no prior bad acts and no current indication of any potential malicous activities?

So I guess because I MAY use fighting words on someone, I have to be gagged and prevented from speaking entirely.
again, no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but it has been shown already that certain weapons in the hands of the public do not serve a public good. these include assault weapons and high capacity magazines. no one is talking about complete gun elimination, but if you are a real hunter, there a number of weapons available that are not assault weapons that have very high rankings.

50 Best Hunting Rifles of the Past 10 Years -- Photo 18 | Outdoor Life

the second amendment ain't about deer-hunting, jerkwad...

It's laughable that they think that's what all this about. Hunting. :lol:

Obviously they haven't read the 2nd. Cripes. What do you do with all these morons?

You are paranoid period end of story. Do you just sit there and wait for someone to enter your property with a loaded gun. That scares me as much as a gun owner not locking up guns when they want to bond with a mental patient. Seriously READ, AND RE _ READ what you wrote. Everyone READ it.

My house I know and a stranger will not - so I know where the gun case is the stranger doesn't - get the advantage here?, I also have a cordless, and cell phone to call in between.

I'll take that risk v the last killing sprees of the decade. It's the right thing to do. Doing nothing has not worked, and made freaks having gun access. Stop giving access to gun owners who should not have them.

I live in the 'burbs of Atlanta. There are home invasions on the news NIGHTLY. Just had one in Stone Mountain where the victims fought back with an AR. One of the suspects jumped out a 2nd floor window to avoid getting shot. Thankfully the fall killed him.

I'm not paranoid, I'm PREPARED.

Boy Scout Motto, yanno?

I can only respect the bolded for sure.:razz:, If they took away the AR I am sure the end result would be the same with a shot gun or a 38.

They aren't interested in outlawing just the AR-15. They want to outlaw all semi-automatic weapons. The use of the term "assault weapon" is a canard they use to get what they really want without saying it.

The gun grabbers are a gang of scumbag liars. Anyone who believes them when they say "trust us" is a god damned fool.

Let's not confuse people Police departments have actual assault weapons they have a selector switch that will fire in a semi automatic position or automatic or burst position.

Generally not. A few PDs issue full-autos to SWAT teams, but not the average patrol officer. The liability is enormous. But lots of departments issue or allow AR-15s or Mini 14s etc.

All guns are assault weapons and the left is screaming to ban assault weapons. Plain as the nose on your face that the left wants to ban guns. Period. Don't for one minute believe otherwise.

Where is your proof for this? I really want to know? Like because we want to secure firearms it equals getting rid of all guns to you? WTF? paranoia

"Secure" them means "keep them were they can't be used in an emergency."

Fuck that. Secure your own firearms and leave ours alone.

Last edited:
I freaked when I saw a headline that Boehner was going to give on what I hate to describe because it's another example of where we fail as conservatives...
"assault weapons" these are legal weapons.

I saw a lead in where he was claiming he could work with the President on this. OMG fire the son of a bitch like yesterday.

I believe in the second, I don't want to get rid of the second - but I will fight for who utilizes it as most woman and mothers do. Ick, you are going there.

You don't believe in the 2nd Amendment. Who do you think you're fooling? The Bill of Rights covers everyone, not just the left-wing bootlickers you approve of.

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government

Any?

Private individuals should not be allowed to carry "assault" rifles.

Government agents need to practice using humans:

NAZI Mass Graves

First, define what an assault rifle is before you go around telling people what they can have and what they can't have.

Second, so-called "assault rifles" are exactly the kind of arms the Founding Fathers intended to protect with the 2nd Amendment. Your opinion isn't relevant.

Any?

Two things simpleton. The 2nd Amendment was NOT put into place with "self defense" only in mind, considering we didn't have a large number of psychopathic criminals gang banging, raping, car jacking, home invading and committing armed robberies back in their day, but as a means to defend the public from a tyrannical govt. You'd know this if you knew anything about the Founder's writings. Secondly, if you use the deceitful definition of "Assault weapon" that the govt uses, the number of times these weapons have been used by law abiding citizens to defend themselves or others is thousands of times a year. If you go just by the definition of Assault Weapon to mean AR's, AK's and similar weapons, which even this defintion is a lie, a quick google search revealed dozens of news stories of law abiding private citizens using these types of weapons to defend their homes, themselves and others.

I live in the 'burbs of Atlanta. There are home invasions on the news NIGHTLY. Just had one in Stone Mountain where the victims fought back with an AR. One of the suspects jumped out a 2nd floor window to avoid getting shot. Thankfully the fall killed him.

I'm not paranoid, I'm PREPARED.

Boy Scout Motto, yanno?

I can only respect the bolded for sure.:razz:, If they took away the AR I am sure the end result would be the same with a shot gun or a 38.

They aren't interested in outlawing just the AR-15. They want to outlaw all semi-automatic weapons. The use of the term "assault weapon" is a canard they use to get what they really want without saying it.

The gun grabbers are a gang of scumbag liars. Anyone who believes them when they say "trust us" is a god damned fool.

Correct, Under the 1994 ban, my Shotgun was illegal because it had a fixed capacity of over 6rds and it had a pistol grip and collapsable stock, any two of these make it an "Assault Weapon" under the 1994 ban.

Where is your proof for this? I really want to know? Like because we want to secure firearms it equals getting rid of all guns to you? WTF? paranoia

The left screaming hysterically for banning assault weapons. All guns are assault weapons, are they not? (assault: a sudden, violent attack). If the left wants specific types of guns banned they had better state what they are, otherwise they can claim any gun as an assault weapon and poof! buh-bye guns.

I think it was clear that AR are on the ban list again. Only AR like Clinton did - that's it. But lets get real so far nothing has happened other then talk. Do you see the difference? It os important that you and everyone knows the difference. I have been responding to maybe, could've, paranoia, crap. Once something happens lets go from there. Everyone needs to RELAX, PAUSE, THINK. Thats it

Getting Christmas stuff going on now. The best to you and yours.

Sweetie pie, Just stop it. Stop posting about things of which you are ignorant.
GO watch Real Housewives , Bridezillas or The View..Or some other Hen show.

Forum List

Back