Assault rifles for self defense

The problem with that is that no criminal is going to let you call 'Time Out' while you unlock your gun case and run frantically to the other end of the house to load your weapon.

He's just going to kill you, then start killing your spouse and children.

You are paranoid period end of story. Do you just sit there and wait for someone to enter your property with a loaded gun. That scares me as much as a gun owner not locking up guns when they want to bond with a mental patient. Seriously READ, AND RE _ READ what you wrote. Everyone READ it.

My house I know and a stranger will not - so I know where the gun case is the stranger doesn't - get the advantage here?, I also have a cordless, and cell phone to call in between.

I'll take that risk v the last killing sprees of the decade. It's the right thing to do. Doing nothing has not worked, and made freaks having gun access. Stop giving access to gun owners who should not have them.

I live in the 'burbs of Atlanta. There are home invasions on the news NIGHTLY. Just had one in Stone Mountain where the victims fought back with an AR. One of the suspects jumped out a 2nd floor window to avoid getting shot. Thankfully the fall killed him.

I'm not paranoid, I'm PREPARED.

Boy Scout Motto, yanno?

I can only respect the bolded for sure.:razz:, If they took away the AR I am sure the end result would be the same with a shot gun or a 38.

You are paranoid period end of story. Do you just sit there and wait for someone to enter your property with a loaded gun. That scares me as much as a gun owner not locking up guns when they want to bond with a mental patient. Seriously READ, AND RE _ READ what you wrote. Everyone READ it.

My house I know and a stranger will not - so I know where the gun case is the stranger doesn't - get the advantage here?, I also have a cordless, and cell phone to call in between.

I'll take that risk v the last killing sprees of the decade. It's the right thing to do. Doing nothing has not worked, and made freaks having gun access. Stop giving access to gun owners who should not have them.

I live in the 'burbs of Atlanta. There are home invasions on the news NIGHTLY. Just had one in Stone Mountain where the victims fought back with an AR. One of the suspects jumped out a 2nd floor window to avoid getting shot. Thankfully the fall killed him.

Boy Scout Motto, yanno?

I must admit...I am having a hard time mustering up all that much sympathy right now...

like button.

All guns are assault weapons and the left is screaming to ban assault weapons. Plain as the nose on your face that the left wants to ban guns. Period. Don't for one minute believe otherwise.

Where is your proof for this? I really want to know? Like because we want to secure firearms it equals getting rid of all guns to you? WTF? paranoia

Boy Scout Motto, yanno?

I can only respect the bolded for sure.:razz:, If they took away the AR I am sure the end result would be the same with a shot gun or a 38.

<sigh>Here we go again
I'm still trying to figure out how you can say what is and is not acceptable to use?
Some people can't HIT THE SIDE OF A BARN FROM 10 FEET AWAY with a handgun, some people cannot handle the recoil of a shotgun, some people can handle a AR. So tell me what is your experience in high stress situations?

Great just great I gauretee it is an assault rifle. If you can or want to deny that - you are wrong and misinformed. What is an assault rifle to you? Go on.

Assault rifle has a very specific definition, an AR-15 does not meet it.

Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh goodie another one who only cares about what an assault rifle is or isn't v a solution to the problem- Take it up with them you and Reb should have a WWE faceoff -

AR 15 Assault Rifles For Sale

Hey look, a spirit box. It must be true because it is on the internet.

GhostStop Ghost Hunting Equipment - EVP Spirit Box RT-EVP, Frank's Box for Paranormal Research

There are a lot of women that prefer that "assault weapon."

And I prefer a mansion log cabin style on the lake v just my house by a creek. That is tongue and cheek<wink>

They wouldn't prefer it if it meant that that weapon got in the wrong hands I guarantee it. There is a meet in the middle grounds here, maybe just shoot and keep at the gun club, or only use it if you can be responsible with hopefully NEW laws to keep.

Most woman want to protect children and others by nature, and I think most would be fine with any regulation. There are the selfish exceptions, though. ; (

It seems I have more respect for women than you do. I believe most women would rather kill than pretend the government can keep their children safe.

HAHAH as a woman , no as a sensible woman and mother I can and will keep my children safe what say you about the mothers and woman who buried their young from Ct? See that last sentence was to hard for me to type.

Yes, I can achieve protecting my children without laws that give nutters guns, and I will fight for that as much as I can.

I believe in the second, I don't want to get rid of the second - but I will fight for who utilizes it as most woman and mothers do. Ick, you are going there.

All guns are assault weapons and the left is screaming to ban assault weapons. Plain as the nose on your face that the left wants to ban guns. Period. Don't for one minute believe otherwise.

Where is your proof for this? I really want to know? Like because we want to secure firearms it equals getting rid of all guns to you? WTF? paranoia

The left screaming hysterically for banning assault weapons. All guns are assault weapons, are they not? (assault: a sudden, violent attack). If the left wants specific types of guns banned they had better state what they are, otherwise they can claim any gun as an assault weapon and poof! buh-bye guns.

Assault rifle has a very specific definition, an AR-15 does not meet it.

Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh goodie another one who only cares about what an assault rifle is or isn't v a solution to the problem- Take it up with them you and Reb should have a WWE faceoff -

AR 15 Assault Rifles For Sale

Hey look, a spirit box. It must be true because it is on the internet.

GhostStop Ghost Hunting Equipment - EVP Spirit Box RT-EVP, Frank's Box for Paranormal Research

I can fill the page with other media, just do your own freaking google and find one that suits you. I can tell that is your selfish MO.

Short and compact have nothing to do with something being an assault rifle.

Assault Weapons & Assault RIfles: The "Official" US Army Definition

"Assault rifles are short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges."

The paragraph concludes by adding:

"Assault rifles have mild recoil characteristics and, because of this, are capable of delivering effective full-automatic fire at ranges up to 300 meters."

GunFax.com - the unofficial Calico fan site and Rockin' Rimfires

The left screaming hysterically for banning assault weapons. All guns are assault weapons, are they not? (assault: a sudden, violent attack). If the left wants specific types of guns banned they had better state what they are, otherwise they can claim any gun as an assault weapon and poof! buh-bye guns.

I think it was clear that AR are on the ban list again. Only AR like Clinton did - that's it. But lets get real so far nothing has happened other then talk. Do you see the difference? It os important that you and everyone knows the difference. I have been responding to maybe, could've, paranoia, crap. Once something happens lets go from there. Everyone needs to RELAX, PAUSE, THINK. Thats it

Getting Christmas stuff going on now. The best to you and yours.

I think it was clear that AR are on the ban list again. Only AR like Clinton did - that's it. But lets get real so far nothing has happened other then talk. Do you see the difference? It os important that you and everyone knows the difference. I have been responding to maybe, could've, paranoia, crap. Once something happens lets go from there. Everyone needs to RELAX, PAUSE, THINK. Thats it

Getting Christmas stuff going on now. The best to you and yours.

It os important that you and everyone knows the difference.
First you must learn what the difference is. It's hard for someone to make an argument for their position when they are clueless about the subject being discussed.

Boy Scout Motto, yanno?

I must admit...I am having a hard time mustering up all that much sympathy right now...

Yeah, I know the feeling...

You gave no rebuttal other then opinion. Prove this was written by me a gun hater soley driven by emotion.
Okay. Why do you classify the weapons you listed as assault weapons? What makes them different in function from a semi-automatic hunting rifle?

Well, dang. :cool:
Good on you for securing your weapon, though. To bad you don't expect that from all owners, otherwise lets just have a free for all. Why are you securing your firearm?
Why do you think I don't expect all owners to be responsible?

Oh, and your "free for all" comment shows that you're operating on emotion.

Oh God you own a gun - there abilitly to hold a large capacity magazine of thirty or more shells. Really - this and you are the problem.
Perhaps you should stop discussing this subject, because you simply don't know what the hell you're talking about.

How do you know?

Because I am older then thirty, simple. Not to mention I am aware that a shot gun would do the trick - for those of us who understand fire arms.

There are a lot of women that prefer that "assault weapon."

gunowners1.jpg

Once you get into barrel legnth you are talking about SBRs. That's a whole other set of rules which do not involve assault rifles.

Forum List

Back