Assault rifles for self defense

Because I am older then thirty, simple. Not to mention I am aware that a shot gun would do the trick - for those of us who understand fire arms.

I'm 51 do you have a point? Been in Law Enforcement and Air Force security police have been trained close quarters combat and tactical training. What do you have?

I answered your question, you on the other hand just look stupid.

I'm trying to figure out how you can say what is and is not acceptable to use?
Some people can't HIT THE SIDE OF A BARN FROM 10 FEET AWAY with a handgun some people cannot handle the recoil of a shotgun some people can handle a AR. So tell me what is your experience in high stress situations?

If it won't fire fully automatic or burst fire, it's not an assault weapon.

End of story.

LOL A matter of opinion of coarse the both are an assault weapon. What about a colt ar 15? hand gun to you?

A AR 15 is not an assault rifle. it cannot fire automatically

Great just great I gauretee it is an assault rifle. If you can or want to deny that - you are wrong and misinformed. What is an assault rifle to you? Go on.

Bolded - you should have a goal to achieve securing their weapons just like you do yourself - not the vast majority ALL owners. In Ct case {get it case} The owner - the mother didn't do that and today twenty children would be alive if the owner took responsibility like you do - period end of story. Make no mistake there are many, many just like her. Why because we have no law in place to this day that makes owners secure their firearms. So, simple solution - owners must be responsible for their firearms, and must prove they have a secure place for them. Would you agree to that?

No one as fore arm holder is making you pay any price? Have they/we? I don't even get that. look at it this way - we will use you as an example for all.

Man, by reading some/most of your replies here I was expecting a different reply from your tone. I am very, very happy to read your reply and see that you are aware of the weapon you own, especially with kids. Don't expect less of any firearm owner.

The problem with that is that no criminal is going to let you call 'Time Out' while you unlock your gun case and run frantically to the other end of the house to load your weapon.

He's just going to kill you, then start killing your spouse and children.

You are paranoid period end of story. Do you just sit there and wait for someone to enter your property with a loaded gun. That scares me as much as a gun owner not locking up guns when they want to bond with a mental patient. Seriously READ, AND RE _ READ what you wrote. Everyone READ it.

My house I know and a stranger will not - so I know where the gun case is the stranger doesn't - get the advantage here?, I also have a cordless, and cell phone to call in between.

I'll take that risk v the last killing sprees of the decade. It's the right thing to do. Doing nothing has not worked, and made freaks having gun access. Stop giving access to gun owners who should not have them.

WOW, You have access to the government prayer line 911 by the time the bad guy has gone the police may get their to pick up the pieces.
And that firearm locked up?
People on the average can move 20 feet in one second. Do you know how long it would take you to get too the GUN SAFE unlock the safe find your firearm and use it to defend yourself? Doing all this in a stressful situation?

LOL A matter of opinion of coarse the both are an assault weapon. What about a colt ar 15? hand gun to you?

Great just great I gauretee it is an assault rifle. If you can or want to deny that - you are wrong and misinformed. What is an assault rifle to you? Go on.

How can you guarantee something you have absolutely no knowledge about?

I'm 51 do you have a point? Been in Law Enforcement and Air Force security police have been trained close quarters combat and tactical training. What do you have?

Some people can't HIT THE SIDE OF A BARN FROM 10 FEET AWAY with a handgun some people cannot handle the recoil of a shotgun some people can handle a AR. So tell me what is your experience in high stress situations?

I have never used name calling and I am very close right now with you, so I will tell you I and you can see I obviously know a bit about firearms.

My hope is that gun control happens, and don't worry about if you are one who knows how to keep your firearms safe, and if gun control doesn't happen as a gun owner myself I will put out the word if you own a gun you are responsible for your weapon.

I have never used name calling and I am very close right now with you, so I will tell you I and you can see I obviously know a bit about firearms.

My hope is that gun control happens, and don't worry about if you are one who knows how to keep your firearms safe, and if gun control doesn't happen as a gun owner myself I will put out the word if you own a gun you are responsible for your weapon.

I'm not seeing it. Watching CSI or some police TV show does not equate to knowing about firearms.

My hope is that gun control happens
Here's why you are clueless. We already have gun control. It does not work.

I'm not seeing it. Watching CSI or some police TV show does not equate to knowing about firearms.

Ok you have confirmed you are a joke, if anyone else engaged me, I would totally expond and give them the time - you are not worth my time. But - you fully wrong.

Ok you have confirmed you are a joke, if anyone else engaged me, I would totally expond and give them the time - you are not worth my time. But - you fully wrong.

You gave no rebuttal other then opinion. I've asked question that those who have some knowledge of firearms should have been able to answer but you didn't but only said I was wrong. I'm a joke? Well olive you experiences with firearms your words show that too be true.

You gave no rebuttal other then opinion. I've asked question that those who have some knowledge of firearms should have been able to answer but you didn't but only said I was wrong. I'm a joke? Well olive you experiences with firearms your words show that too be true.

Wrong I have a rebuttal just not to you. You deem the colt ar 15, and I'll include an mr 4 are considered an assault rifle. I can show articles, etc. You don't deem them assault rifles, why? This is where you lost, amongst other replys. I think you're just fucking with me, period end of it.

I ahve so many more questions for you, and you know what, I just back tracked and delted them. The reason why - you are not worth the debate - you have blinders on, and you left all emotion behind. Like Hitler, Mao, Stalin ect.

There was one poster I saw a few days ago that made sense to me, and I would love to talk to him/her all day long.

Those who want a solution - which you only want to grab your guns as well have everyone else get umm.

Whether armed guards in schools is a good or bad idea, I'd like to know if the NRA NaziCons would pony up with gun/ammo taxes to fund it.

I wouldn't care all that much...I don't buy any significant amount of ammo and I do not plan to buy any new guns.

What you consider significant and what the government considers significant might not be the same thing.

Assault rifle has a very specific definition, an AR-15 does not meet it.

Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How do you know?

Because I am older then thirty, simple. Not to mention I am aware that a shot gun would do the trick - for those of us who understand fire arms.

There are a lot of women that prefer that "assault weapon."

And I prefer a mansion log cabin style on the lake v just my house by a creek. That is tongue and cheek<wink>

They wouldn't prefer it if it meant that that weapon got in the wrong hands I guarantee it. There is a meet in the middle grounds here, maybe just shoot and keep at the gun club, or only use it if you can be responsible with hopefully NEW laws to keep.

Most woman want to protect children and others by nature, and I think most would be fine with any regulation. There are the selfish exceptions, though. ; (

Wrong I have a rebuttal just not to you. You deem the colt ar 15, and I'll include an mr 4 are considered an assault rifle. I can show articles, etc. You don't deem them assault rifles, why? This is where you lost, amongst other replys. I think you're just fucking with me, period end of it.

I ahve so many more questions for you, and you know what, I just back tracked and delted them. The reason why - you are not worth the debate - you have blinders on, and you left all emotion behind. Like Hitler, Mao, Stalin ect.

There was one poster I saw a few days ago that made sense to me, and I would love to talk to him/her all day long.

Those who want a solution - which you only want to grab your guns as well have everyone else get umm.

Wrong I have a rebuttal just not to you. You deem the colt ar 15, and I'll include an mr 4 are considered an assault rifle.
You have a rebuttal but not for me? No what you have is no experience and cannot respond truthfully.,
You never respond to this post did you over look it?

Not really.

No. Semi-automatic rifle. Not a scary black bullet hose.

If you irrational gun-haters weren't driven solely by emotion, you'd see the difference.

However...

You gave no rebuttal other then opinion. Prove this was written by me a gun hater soley driven by emotion. your credibility has sunk before now Ker-Plunk. Good on you for securing your weapon, though. To bad you don't expect that from all owners, otherwise lets just have a free for all. Why are you securing your firearm?

Look at these Bushmaster one link will be for Police only
Bushmaster - Law Enforcement Firearms
The other are for civilians
Bushmaster - State Compliant Firearms
You will be able to magnify anyone of the rifles on the LEO link you'll see three positions at the selector switch
Safe Fire and Burst
on the civilian you'll see just two Safe and fire
one is an automatic and the other one is not.

I can show articles, etc. You don't deem them assault rifles, why? This is where you lost, amongst other replys. I think you're just fucking with me, period end of it.
I don't deem an AR \as an assault rifle because they are not an assault rifle,
Question is a revolver a assault revolver? After all a revolver functions the same way as the AR does you must squeeze the trigger every time you fire a round. with an assualt rifle you squeeze the trigger once to shoot every round.

I don't know what you are smoking but you need to lay off the stuff.

Probably so he had the same misconception about firearms as you do.

Oh goodie another one who only cares about what an assault rifle is or isn't v a solution to the problem- Take it up with them you and Reb should have a WWE faceoff -

AR 15 Assault Rifles For Sale

Oh goodie another one who only cares about what an assault rifle is or isn't v a solution to the problem- Take it up with them you and Reb should have a WWE faceoff -

AR 15 Assault Rifles For Sale

"Assault rifles are short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges."
GunFax.com - the unofficial Calico fan site and Rockin' Rimfires

Bolded - you should have a goal to achieve securing their weapons just like you do yourself - not the vast majority ALL owners. In Ct case {get it case} The owner - the mother didn't do that and today twenty children would be alive if the owner took responsibility like you do - period end of story. Make no mistake there are many, many just like her. Why because we have no law in place to this day that makes owners secure their firearms. So, simple solution - owners must be responsible for their firearms, and must prove they have a secure place for them. Would you agree to that?

No one as fore arm holder is making you pay any price? Have they/we? I don't even get that. look at it this way - we will use you as an example for all.

Man, by reading some/most of your replies here I was expecting a different reply from your tone. I am very, very happy to read your reply and see that you are aware of the weapon you own, especially with kids. Don't expect less of any firearm owner.

The problem with that is that no criminal is going to let you call 'Time Out' while you unlock your gun case and run frantically to the other end of the house to load your weapon.

You are paranoid period end of story. Do you just sit there and wait for someone to enter your property with a loaded gun. That scares me as much as a gun owner not locking up guns when they want to bond with a mental patient. Seriously READ, AND RE _ READ what you wrote. Everyone READ it.

My house I know and a stranger will not - so I know where the gun case is the stranger doesn't - get the advantage here?, I also have a cordless, and cell phone to call in between.

I'll take that risk v the last killing sprees of the decade. It's the right thing to do. Doing nothing has not worked, and made freaks having gun access. Stop giving access to gun owners who should not have them.

I live in the 'burbs of Atlanta. There are home invasions on the news NIGHTLY. Just had one in Stone Mountain where the victims fought back with an AR. One of the suspects jumped out a 2nd floor window to avoid getting shot. Thankfully the fall killed him.

I'm not paranoid, I'm PREPARED.

Boy Scout Motto, yanno?

There are a lot of women that prefer that "assault weapon."

And I prefer a mansion log cabin style on the lake v just my house by a creek. That is tongue and cheek<wink>

They wouldn't prefer it if it meant that that weapon got in the wrong hands I guarantee it. There is a meet in the middle grounds here, maybe just shoot and keep at the gun club, or only use it if you can be responsible with hopefully NEW laws to keep.

Most woman want to protect children and others by nature, and I think most would be fine with any regulation. There are the selfish exceptions, though. ; (

It seems I have more respect for women than you do. I believe most women would rather kill than pretend the government can keep their children safe.

All guns are assault weapons and the left is screaming to ban assault weapons. Plain as the nose on your face that the left wants to ban guns. Period. Don't for one minute believe otherwise.

I live in the 'burbs of Atlanta. There are home invasions on the news NIGHTLY. Just had one in Stone Mountain where the victims fought back with an AR. One of the suspects jumped out a 2nd floor window to avoid getting shot. Thankfully the fall killed him.

I'm not paranoid, I'm PREPARED.

Boy Scout Motto, yanno?

I must admit...I am having a hard time mustering up all that much sympathy right now...

Forum List

Back